ImageImageImage

Ridnour "being shopped"

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Re: Ridnour "being shopped" 

Post#21 » by FinnTheHuman » Fri Feb 8, 2013 1:23 am

I think Luke is a better role player on a good team than JJ, because he plays within the system. Barea seems to benefit from bad teammates because you can forgive him for hogging when he's on the court with bad players. But then again, Barea proved that he can be a very useful player ona a great team when he took the ring with Mavs, all my thoughts get discredited there.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#22 » by C.lupus » Fri Feb 8, 2013 1:28 am

Krapinsky wrote:Advanced stats say Barea >>> Ridnour and it's not even really close.

So you're saying Luke won't be going to Memphis?
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#23 » by NewWolvesOrder » Fri Feb 8, 2013 1:49 am

Barea is the best 3pt shooter on the team so far. He's also younger and is in his prime. Luke is on the down trajectory and getting worse so he's the one to go.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,246

Post#24 » by Murphs56 » Fri Feb 8, 2013 2:42 am

Luke is a rather mediocre player. When he's on, he can give you some good jump shooting when he's open only. However, When a defender closes in, he's very reluctant. His playmaking abilities and court vision for a point guard are also below average. And his defense against big guards, or any type of quick point guard is self-explanatory.
Love42Rubio9
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#25 » by Love42Rubio9 » Fri Feb 8, 2013 3:13 am

i heard Luke Rindnour for Alec Burks.

picking up Burks would be a pretty good get especially since he is cheap, has a lot of potential and will free up some cap space to hopefully re-sign Pek & Bud this off season.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#26 » by [RCG] » Fri Feb 8, 2013 3:13 am

Barea > Ridnour. JJ can be frustrating but he can draw some fouls, plays pesky defense and can create his own shot - all things Ridnour doesn't or can't do.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#27 » by southern wolf » Fri Feb 8, 2013 3:36 am

The only thing that worries me with shopping Luke is the health of the other PG's. JJ is injury prone and Ricky is still recovering from major surgery. We've needed all three of them for most of the past two seasons.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#28 » by NewWolvesOrder » Fri Feb 8, 2013 3:50 am

southern wolf wrote:The only thing that worries me with shopping Luke is the health of the other PG's. JJ is injury prone and Ricky is still recovering from major surgery. We've needed all three of them for most of the past two seasons.

Shved.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#29 » by southern wolf » Fri Feb 8, 2013 4:22 am

Turnover_21 wrote:
southern wolf wrote:The only thing that worries me with shopping Luke is the health of the other PG's. JJ is injury prone and Ricky is still recovering from major surgery. We've needed all three of them for most of the past two seasons.

Shved.

Shved will need to play nearly all his minutes at SG unless we're trading Luke for one.
Hansari
Rookie
And1: 1,157

Post#30 » by Hansari » Fri Feb 8, 2013 5:44 am

Raptors interested.
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#31 » by Vindicater » Fri Feb 8, 2013 6:19 am

C.lupus wrote:I didn't really mean to call you out Vindicater. You've just been the most vocal of the "trade Luke" crowd.

So is there a $9M SG on a relatively short contract that we could trade Ridnour and Roy for?

No problem Buddy :D

I am glad that others are finally starting to come round to the fact that Ridnour brings nothing to a winning basketball team.
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
Viljanen
Junior
And1: 81

Post#32 » by Viljanen » Fri Feb 8, 2013 8:45 am

At the beginning of the season I remember watching the repetition of one Wolves match and, for some reason, I only could watch it in slow motion (more or less half the normal speed). I wouldn´t do it again, but it was an entertaining experiment for most of the time. Especially interesting to try to predict what the point guards were going to do in each situation (it looks much easier with time to watch and think). My impression was that Ridnour was constantly ignoring open shooters and favorable situations created by his teamates. Barea was much better at finding those and, any time his defender gave him the chance, was aggressive to the basket getting good results at a very decent rate. To me, Barea is just a much better player than Ridnour. I don´t think they´re even close.

And he has already shown that he´s perfect in the 6th man role, changing the pace of the game. You sometimes hate him (I do), but he´s a winner and I want those players in my team.
Los de Valladolid somos de los Timberwolves Jazz de toda la vida.
champalift
Junior
And1: 12

Post#33 » by champalift » Fri Feb 8, 2013 1:34 pm

Doogie is the man

Long-time NBA reporter Chris Sheridan is reporting the Wolves are expected to move guard Luke Ridnour. Utah likes Ridnour, according to a source. But a separate source said the Jazz are not willing to deal guards Alec Burks and Raja Bell for Ridnour. In fact, Burks is off-limits in the discussions involving Ridnour.

The most logical scenario involves Utah sacrificing the worse of its two first-round picks in the June draft -- the Jazz also owns Golden State's selection -- and Bell for Ridnour. Bell has an expiring contract.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/The_ ... ches020713

A couple other notes on not being involved in Gay talks, a buyout of Roy is desired, and also the fact that the front office wants to keep Gelabale and Chris Johnson through the year (Johnson even through next season perhaps).
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#34 » by Grits n Gravy » Fri Feb 8, 2013 2:13 pm

Adenusi wrote:
kmgarnett21 wrote:I'd rather trade Barea than Luke

Same

me too
champalift
Junior
And1: 12

Post#35 » by champalift » Fri Feb 8, 2013 2:36 pm

Grits n Gravy wrote:
Adenusi wrote:
kmgarnett21 wrote:I'd rather trade Barea than Luke

Same

me too

times 3
eyeteeth
Starter
And1: 147

Post#36 » by eyeteeth » Fri Feb 8, 2013 3:18 pm

Barea is the vastly better player. Trade Luke. He's decent on offense, but not much better than that, and he's' a serious defensive liability.

Raja Bell and a pick seems like weak tea to me, but who knows, maybe it's all we can get for him? It sure isn't a "difference maker" move, though. It might actually make us worse for the rest of this season.
MNRunLeft
Starter
And1: 362

Post#37 » by MNRunLeft » Fri Feb 8, 2013 3:37 pm

Hansari wrote:Raptors interested.

Don't think Toronto and MN are good fits to make a deal. Ross and Val are supposedly considered untouchable so even if the Wolves added a piece or two with Ridnour if they can't land one of them I don't see a deal. Toronto doesn't have an expiring contract that they could send or a 1st round pick they can trade until 2015.

No reason for the Wolves to eat a bad contract like Kleiza or especially Fields for Ridnour unless they are getting a very nice piece in addition to them.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#38 » by Worm Guts » Fri Feb 8, 2013 3:42 pm

Ridnour and Roy for Derozan? I still don't like Derozan's contract and I doubt Toronto would be willing to give him away for so little, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#39 » by theGreatRC » Fri Feb 8, 2013 4:32 pm

Worm Guts wrote:Ridnour and Roy for Derozan? I still don't like Derozan's contract and I doubt Toronto would be willing to give him away for so little, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I would, doubt Raptors would unless they believe Ross brings just as much a DD does, but for 1/4 the price.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#40 » by The J Rocka » Fri Feb 8, 2013 4:59 pm

Worm Guts wrote:Ridnour and Roy for Derozan? I still don't like Derozan's contract and I doubt Toronto would be willing to give him away for so little, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I think Williams has to be included. He would be a decent 3/4 off the bench for them.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves