ImageImageImage

Ridnour "being shopped"

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Re: Ridnour "being shopped" 

Post#61 » by Tirion » Sat Feb 9, 2013 8:00 am

^ that trade is pipe dream. Wolves would be happy to get half of that (value-wise) for Barea, Ridnour, Stiemsma.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#62 » by Foye » Sat Feb 9, 2013 11:12 am

I can't tell you how happy I would be if I don't have to watch Luke Ridnour dribble out 16 seconds of the clock anymore and getting burned by Austin Rivers on defense.
Twolves1Fan
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#63 » by Twolves1Fan » Sat Feb 9, 2013 1:56 pm

I actually feel kinda bad for Ridnour. He's been the consummate professional and for the most part has been forced to play out of position for the past couple of years do to the ridiculous amount of injuries we've had.

He's not a '2' guard in my humble opinion. And he gets abused on the defensive end trying to guard guys who are much bigger, stronger and faster than he is.

Not really sure how I feel about him being shopped. God knows we've needed a good SG for years now so if trading Luke or JJ would fetch that for us then I guess I'd be okay with it.

I still feel a little bad for Ridnour though. :-?
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#64 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sat Feb 9, 2013 2:08 pm

Twolves1Fan wrote:I actually feel kinda bad for Ridnour. He's been the consummate professional and for the most part has been forced to play out of position for the past couple of years do to the ridiculous amount of injuries we've had.

He's not a '2' guard in my humble opinion. And he gets abused on the defensive end trying to guard guys who are much bigger, stronger and faster than he is.

Not really sure how I feel about him being shopped. God knows we've needed a good SG for years now so if trading Luke or JJ would fetch that for us then I guess I'd be okay with it.

He's also a bad PG. The only way he can play PG position is play next to playmaing ball dominant SG. He also can't guard anybody. I don't fee sorry for him and he needs to leave. Not good enough. Him and Barea occuping 8-9 mil of teams capspace is criminal.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#65 » by Foye » Sat Feb 9, 2013 2:16 pm

Twolves1Fan wrote:I actually feel kinda bad for Ridnour. He's been the consummate professional and for the most part has been forced to play out of position for the past couple of years do to the ridiculous amount of injuries we've had.

As much as I love Luke Ridnour for always being a professional...

He hurts us everytime he is on the court. A huge part of this is obviously not his fault considering he always has to play out of position at starting SG. However, we need to move on. I would rather give a young relatively mediocre guy a chance to start there (assuming we want Shved to come off the bench) than seeing Luke Ridnour getting burned on D night in night out.

Give Shved the keys to the starting job, or get a different player. Luke is a perfectly fine backup (just like the always critizised JJ Barea) but ideally you don't want these guys to play more than 15 mpg. We have relied on them far too often and far too long.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,945

Post#66 » by Klomp » Sat Feb 9, 2013 4:19 pm

I wonder if people realize he's been playing all year with a bad back too.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#67 » by Vindicater » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:11 am

Klomp wrote:I wonder if people realize he's been playing all year with a bad back too.

Dopes he have the same excuse for last year and the year before that too?
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#68 » by NikolaPekovic » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:19 am

Klomp wrote:I wonder if people realize he's been playing all year with a bad back too.

most nba players play with an injury. Its their duty as professionals.
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#69 » by big3_8_19_21 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:20 am

I haven't read through this thread, but has Anthony Morrow been brought up? Atlanta doesn't need him with the way Korver is playing.
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,246

Post#70 » by Murphs56 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:35 am

Bad Back or not, as an NBA point guard, some of his decisions when handling the ball are pretty damn embarrassing. He's really most effective when he's just getting open jumpers or running away on a switch and putting up a jumper
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#71 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:37 pm

big3_8_19_21 wrote:I haven't read through this thread, but has Anthony Morrow been brought up? Atlanta doesn't need him with the way Korver is playing.

I'd love it, but I doubt Atlanta is eager to take back nonsense salary. They're in a good position financially.
NewWolves
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#72 » by NewWolves » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:50 pm

Vindicater wrote:
kmgarnett21 wrote:Yeah, but you'd have to brainwash Barea. That dude rarely looks/wants to pass when he penetrates. If he did, then I wouldn't have a problem with him. I hate him attacking 3 defenders, throwing a shot up, flailing his arms then flopping for the call. I also hate when he goes 1 on 3 in transition.

Barea CAN be that type of player, and if he would play with a PG mindset, I'd love it. But nothing I've seen from him as a T'wolf makes me think he can be a distributing backup PG.

We don't need him to be a distirbuting point guard off the bench though. With Rubio healthy he will only be playing 15 minutes a game in short bursts. Use him like he is supposed to be used, quick change of pace guard off the bench.

I think that for this to happen, you'll need to ask for Adelman to be move. This last couple of games, Rubio have had green light minutes-wise - and still JJ plays 20+ minutes. Last year, when Rubio was perfectly OK....JJ played more than 20+ minutes. Same goes for JJ's hero/ball (scoring-first) attitude. Do you think Adelman is stupid or shy enough, by not telling JJ to pass the ball more often? I dont think so...I think that when he puts JJ on the floor is because he wants to him play his game.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#73 » by southern wolf » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:13 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... nee-Injury

Leandro Barbosa will be out for the remainder of the season with a left knee injury.

With the Celtics already losing Rajon Rondo for the season, the team is expected to pursue a point guard.

Ridnour for Lee?
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#74 » by Basti » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:03 pm

Vindicater wrote:

Dopes he have the same excuse for last year and the year before that too?

To be fair, I can recall him having back problems last year, too. Maybe even two years ago.

Not that it excuses his horrible decision making, whatsoever.

If he was traded I'd be a bit sad because I really like him as a player for what he can bring to the table and for being a textbook professional throughout. However, I certainly wouldn't miss whenever he tries to do something he's clearly not capable of.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,639

Post#75 » by shrink » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:32 pm

southern wolf wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/226068/Barbosa-Out-For-Season-With-Knee-Injury

Leandro Barbosa will be out for the remainder of the season with a left knee injury.

With the Celtics already losing Rajon Rondo for the season, the team is expected to pursue a point guard.

Ridnour for Lee?

With Lee's fourth year adding more risk, I'd add Fab Melo for Steimsma to the deal to add value.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#76 » by SO_MONEY » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:11 pm

shrink wrote:
southern wolf wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/226068/Barbosa-Out-For-Season-With-Knee-Injury

Ridnour for Lee?

With Lee's fourth year adding more risk, I'd add Fab Melo for Steimsma to the deal to add value.

Counter-intuitive in my opinion, If the cap space usage and length of contract of Lee is a risk how do we counteract that when we bring in a center who has produced significantly less then the guy we are sending out and also is tied into a long-term contract.

Shrink, not a wise take from one of the wisest posters in IMHO.

I would look at a straight swap trying to pry away a pick, otherwise a swap. However with where Minnesota is at the moment out of the playoffs, I don't think they are really energetic about a deal like that being it is kind of a move to gear up for playoffs, balance roster depth ect.

I think in a deal with Ridnour the team is looking for something with more future flexibility.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#77 » by theGreatRC » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:32 pm

^
Our team is different, though.

We are not a rebuilding team, we've been doing that since 07 and now we finally have a roster to compete to get into the playoffs.

Our problem was that the guys we need have all missed time and Derrick Williams and Luke Ridnour are the only players who received meaningful minutes to play every game.

Injuries killed our season, getting a player like Lee back would only strengthen the team we are trying to create.

Ricky and Lee would wreak havoc in the back court defensively.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant

Post#78 » by SO_MONEY » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:35 pm

theGreatRC wrote:^
Our team is different, though.

We are not a rebuilding team, we've been doing that since 07 and now we finally have a roster to compete to get into the playoffs.

Our problem was that the guys we need have all missed time and Derrick Williams and Luke Ridnour are the only players who received meaningful minutes to play every game.

Injuries killed our season, getting a player like Lee back would only strengthen the team we are trying to create.

Ricky and Lee would wreak havoc in the back court defensively.

Then we make the deal next year. No reason to make the deal now as it limits our options and locks us in long-term.

I sure wouldn't trade Ridnour for Lee at this point. Roy is a more likely, or a truer representation of value and still I would be hesitant to let the C's off the hook without getting a pick in return for doing so.

Otherwise, in total this is not indicative of good value or long-term planing, that is why the pick or getting a pick back is the most important aspect of the deal.

The time has come and gone for a swap of the two players Ridnour will get Lee type of quality next year and Ridnour will be an expiring contract or he can be used in a combo.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant

Post#79 » by SO_MONEY » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:36 pm

DP
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,639

Post#80 » by shrink » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:26 pm

SO_MONEY wrote:
shrink wrote:With Lee's fourth year adding more risk, I'd add Fab Melo for Steimsma to the deal to add value.

Counter-intuitive in my opinion, If the cap space usage and length of contract of Lee is a risk how do we counteract that when we bring in a center who has produced significantly less then the guy we are sending out and also is tied into a long-term contract.

Shrink, not a wise take from one of the wisest posters in IMHO.

I would look at a straight swap trying to pry away a pick, otherwise a swap. However with where Minnesota is at the moment out of the playoffs, I don't think they are really energetic about a deal like that being it is kind of a move to gear up for playoffs, balance roster depth ect.

I think in a deal with Ridnour the team is looking for something with more future flexibility.

I think we agree that we'd want some small piece of additional incentive. I think Fab Melo has more trade value than Steimsma (slightly positive vs slightly negative). If it's a protected pick, that's fine with me too. I think we agree that locking into four years of Courtney Lee could prove to be risky.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves