The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Re: Pick Watch 2013 

Post#21 » by The J Rocka » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:26 am

Klomp wrote:
The J Rocka wrote:
Turnover_21 wrote:Whatever pick we get is surely traded for a vet. You all can forget about mclermotes or whatever their names are.

Only "vets" you could get for a top draft pick this year is Josh Smith, Monta Ellis, Z-Bo, Iggy, and Millsap tier vets. Teams aren't exactly ecstatic over this year's draft class. We're not going to get the player we all imagine about for our draft pick (if it's even in the top 5).

You forgot about Pau :D

Oh boy. I can see it now.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#22 » by cpfsf » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:33 am

Turnover_21 wrote:Whatever pick we get is surely traded for a vet. You all can forget about mclermotes or whatever their names are.

top 10 picks rarely get traded.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#23 » by C.lupus » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:37 am

The J Rocka wrote:

Only "vets" you could get for a top draft pick this year is Josh Smith, Monta Ellis, Z-Bo, Iggy, and Millsap tier vets. Teams aren't exactly ecstatic over this year's draft class. We're not going to get the player we all imagine about for our draft pick (if it's even in the top 5).

Probably not going to get the player everyone imagines about out of the draft either.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#24 » by NewWolvesOrder » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:37 am

The J Rocka wrote:

I'm thinking Afflalo level talent. And I'm pretty sure Orlando would let him go for 5-10 pick.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by The J Rocka » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:42 am

C.lupus wrote:
The J Rocka wrote:

Probably not going to get the player everyone imagines about out of the draft either.

If we're out of the top 3, I agree. Noel, McLemore, and Shabazz; Whether they become all-stars or not, they will help us instantly.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by The J Rocka » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:45 am

Turnover_21 wrote:
The J Rocka wrote:

I'm thinking Afflalo level talent. And I'm pretty sure Orlando would let him go for 5-10 pick.

Not a bad target. Depends on what the Magic want to do. I could even see them trying to get back to playoffs packaging Nicholson + pick for somebody that can make an immediate impact. If not, I'd call them.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,246

Post#27 » by Murphs56 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:33 am

I'm very nervous about the March returns of Love and Budinger. I'm convinced Love is going to come back in shape and Budinger is going to shoot the hell out of the ball and we will go on a nice run and fall to like pick 10 or 11. Part of me wants to see the team perform but most of me just wants us to tank the rest of the way. Not going to happen when those 2 get back
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#28 » by C.lupus » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:49 am

I'm personally ****ing sick of tanking. 20+ seasons and it has never once paid off. Einstein said the definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Play hard every game, win as many as you can, and let the chips fall where they may.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by The J Rocka » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:59 am

Kings won.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,948

Post#30 » by Klomp » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:59 am

C.lupus wrote:I'm personally ****ing sick of tanking. 20+ seasons and it has never once paid off. Einstein said the definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Play hard every game, win as many as you can, and let the chips fall where they may.

Its all good, we won't need to tank. David Stern was in town, I'm sure the lottery has been rigged in our favor. He already got Ricky into the Rising Stars game, and after he sees we aren't tanking like pathetic fools once Love returns, he'll have no choice but to give us the pick.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
cpfsf
General Manager

Post#31 » by cpfsf » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:19 pm

i'm throwing in the towel. i was working on a trade that involved sending afflalo and ayon to minnesota with orlando receiving our pick (i'd rather not offer the pick though). i just don't want to figure out how to handle the logjam at the 2/3.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#32 » by Krapinsky » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:51 pm

So let me get this right, Afflalo is 4 years older than Derozan, makes $2.0M less per year (a Stiemsma-level FA ?), and has a lower PER, yet we'd be willing to trade our top 10 pick for Afflalo but not the Ridnour-Williams poo-poo-platter for Derozan??

:giveup:
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#33 » by Worm Guts » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:04 pm

I'd much rather have Afflalo than Derozan, but I wouldn't go as far as giving up our pick for him.
cpfsf
General Manager

Post#34 » by cpfsf » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:19 pm

that was really more of a rough rough rough draft trade that i gave up on. furthermore the trade i considered included ayon who is more than just a throw in.

Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#35 » by Krapinsky » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:23 pm

Ayon averages 13 minutes a game for a 15 win team. That's a throw in.

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,651

Post#36 » by shrink » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:27 pm

C.lupus wrote:I'm personally ****ing sick of tanking. 20+ seasons and it has never once paid off. Einstein said the definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

I share your frustration, but a draft lottery is exactly the opposite of what Einstein is refering to.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
cpfsf
General Manager

Post#37 » by cpfsf » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:46 pm

Krapinsky wrote:Ayon averages 13 minutes a game for a 15 win team. That's a throw in.

fine, it's subjective.

i'm not going to talk about his game. people can head on over to draft express if they want to do that. he's a center that's got a 1.5 million team option for next season. he's been asked to play both center and power forward in his career. i'm not sure if the team will retain pekovic, but in either case he's a nice insurance policy for a team that can't stay healthy.

Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#38 » by Krapinsky » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:07 pm

Worm Guts wrote:I'd much rather have Afflalo than Derozan, but I wouldn't go as far as giving up our pick for him.

I'll take Derozan over Afflalo. They're used in similar roles this year and Afflalo has a .94 PPP on offense and .90 PPP on defense. Derozan is .93 PPP on offense and .84 PPP on defense. Afflalo turns the ball over at a higher rate and gets to the line less. I don't see what make Afflalo a better player at all. I think other than 3-point shooting, Derozan is pretty much better at everything else.

Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#39 » by Worm Guts » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:23 pm

Afflalo's having a down year and his TS is still signficantly higher than Derozan. Afflalo also is known as a good defensive player (whether that's true or not I have know idea).

And I don't exactly understand what PPP is. Points per possesion, I know, but what represents a possession for an individual player.
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#40 » by LordBaldric » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:32 pm

Don't trade our pick! We'll be on the wrong end of the Rubio-Foye/Miller, Lilliard-Wallace screw job.

If Adelman insists on doing this, fire him.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves