Post#941 » by Merc_Porto » Wed Jun 3, 2015 12:15 am

John Oliver strikes again:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr6ar3xJL_Q[/youtube]
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Re: OT Thread, Part III 

Post#942 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Jun 4, 2015 9:34 am

Hmmm...woke up at 1:30 am, currently 4:30 am, have to "get up" in and hour and a half for work. Sweet.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#943 » by Grits n Gravy » Thu Jun 4, 2015 2:08 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:Hmmm...woke up at 1:30 am, currently 4:30 am, have to "get up" in and hour and a half for work. Sweet.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZnsHvEYEZI[/youtube]
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#944 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Jun 5, 2015 2:52 am

Grits n Gravy wrote:
Devilzsidewalk wrote:Hmmm...woke up at 1:30 am, currently 4:30 am, have to "get up" in and hour and a half for work. Sweet.

I know I know. I powered through it via mountain dew.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#945 » by Grits n Gravy » Fri Jun 5, 2015 3:08 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
Grits n Gravy wrote:

I know I know. I powered through it via mountain dew.

:lol: :lol: Just messin with ya man.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#946 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Jun 5, 2015 6:05 am

23 1/2 hrs with no sleep...I think I'm getting my 2nd wind
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#947 » by LofJ » Fri Jun 5, 2015 4:36 pm

With the league planning for expansion and talking about potentially shifting a team out of the Western conference I think your front office should push hard to move to the East. What would you guys think about being in a division with Chicago, Milwaukee, and Indiana?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,947

Post#948 » by Klomp » Fri Jun 5, 2015 6:40 pm

LofJ wrote:With the league planning for expansion and talking about potentially shifting a team out of the Western conference I think your front office should push hard to move to the East. What would you guys think about being in a division with Chicago, Milwaukee, and Indiana?

Yes please.

It'll be interesting though if Memphis would get to move before us though. I hope not.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#949 » by C.lupus » Fri Jun 5, 2015 6:43 pm

I'll be pissed if another team goes east before Minny. The NW conference is an abomination.
LofJ
RealGM

Post#950 » by LofJ » Fri Jun 5, 2015 6:53 pm

Klomp wrote:
LofJ wrote:With the league planning for expansion and talking about potentially shifting a team out of the Western conference I think your front office should push hard to move to the East. What would you guys think about being in a division with Chicago, Milwaukee, and Indiana?

Yes please.

It'll be interesting though if Memphis would get to move before us though. I hope not.

They make the least sense out of the three being mentioned in my opinion. And considering how your current situation puts you at a competitive disadvantage with traveling coupled with sporting a team with a rising star in Wiggins and hopefully Towns (if you're smart) you guys make the most sense by far. New Orleans isn't anywhere close to being as far away from Dallas, Memphis, San Antonio, etc. than you guys are from freaking Portland, OKC, Denver, and Utah. If you guys aren't the team getting moved East then the people in the league front office aren't all that bright in my opinion. Long term it's the right move to make.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#951 » by Klomp » Fri Jun 5, 2015 6:58 pm

LofJ wrote:If you guys aren't the team getting moved East then the people in the league front office aren't all that bright in my opinion. Long term it's the right move to make.

I would agree with that.

If you look at other major sports, the Minnesota teams are grouped with teams to the east...the Chicagos of the world. Not Portland, Utah, etc.

That's the most frustrating thing.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

LofJ
RealGM

Post#952 » by LofJ » Fri Jun 5, 2015 7:04 pm

Klomp wrote:
LofJ wrote:If you guys aren't the team getting moved East then the people in the league front office aren't all that bright in my opinion. Long term it's the right move to make.

I would agree with that.

If you look at other major sports, the Minnesota teams are grouped with teams to the east...the Chicagos of the world. Not Portland, Utah, etc.

That's the most frustrating thing.

Agreed, all they need to do is take out a map really. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you guys closer to Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, Indiana, Toronto, and Cleveland than you are to any of the teams in the current NW division?
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#953 » by C.lupus » Fri Jun 5, 2015 7:06 pm

Yep, the logical thing would be to give Seattle an expansion team, then move Minnesota in with it's natural regional rivals of Milwaukee, Chicago, Detroit, Indy.

They could always add two expansion teams in the west and move Minnesota and Memphis to the east. That would help the disparity.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#954 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Jun 5, 2015 7:09 pm

A divisional realignment is long overdue. It never even gets brought up, I don't get it.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#955 » by Klomp » Fri Jun 5, 2015 7:14 pm

LofJ wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you guys are closer to Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, Indiana, Toronto, and Cleveland than you are to any of the teams in the current NW division?

Correct.

Denver and OKC are 2 hour flights. All those six cities are under two hours away. Portland is only five minutes closer than Miami, which is the farthest EC flight from Minnesota.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#956 » by Klomp » Fri Jun 5, 2015 7:15 pm

C.lupus wrote:Yep, the logical thing would be to give Seattle an expansion team, then move Minnesota in with it's natural regional rivals of Milwaukee, Chicago, Detroit, Indy.

They could always add two expansion teams in the west and move Minnesota and Memphis to the east. That would help the disparity.

They won't only add one team IMO. I see it moving to 32, not 31. If they add two, only one team would change conferences to even them out at 16 apiece.

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#957 » by C.lupus » Fri Jun 5, 2015 7:17 pm

Klomp wrote:
C.lupus wrote:Yep, the logical thing would be to give Seattle an expansion team, then move Minnesota in with it's natural regional rivals of Milwaukee, Chicago, Detroit, Indy.

They won't only add one team IMO. I see it moving to 32, not 31. If they add two, only one team would change conferences to even them out at 16 apiece.

right. I was just saying they should add both to the WC.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#958 » by Klomp » Fri Jun 5, 2015 7:18 pm

C.lupus wrote:right. I was just saying they should add both to the WC.

Yeah, but only one of MIN/MEM would switch to the East.

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#959 » by C.lupus » Fri Jun 5, 2015 7:22 pm

Why?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#960 » by Klomp » Fri Jun 5, 2015 7:23 pm

C.lupus wrote:Why?

Add two expansion teams to the West and move two from West to East, you'd have 15 teams in West and 17 teams in East. Only moving one gives you an even 16/16 split.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves