ImageImageImage

Twolves @ New Orleans

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Re: Twolves @ New Orleans 

Post#141 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Feb 8, 2014 5:23 am

HOW MUCH LONG WITH ADELMAN ? WE HAVE A TEAM FOR THE PLAYOFFS, WE DO. BUT NOT WITH THE WORST COACH IN THE NBA RIGHT NOW !

FLIP NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT.
jfg
Junior
And1: 45

Post#142 » by jfg » Sat Feb 8, 2014 5:24 am

These games wouldn't come down to the wire if Barea wasn't throwing the game away when he's on the court. He absolutely cripples the 2nd unit. I will take the 12th man on any NBA team to get rid of him, he's garbage.
criteriado
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,257

Post#143 » by criteriado » Sat Feb 8, 2014 5:24 am

Seriously. If we're gonna lose games, play the rookies.

Bench is awful, why don't you put Shabazz and Dieng? If it's still awful but they contribute in some way I can get excited. You have the worst bench on the NBA, it's not like it's gonna be even worse or something.
BCP27
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#144 » by BCP27 » Sat Feb 8, 2014 5:25 am

King Malta wrote:Supporting this team is unbelievably depressing, I've never seen such an un-clutch team in the NBA.

The last few years it's been slightly easier to put up with the poor performances because we had a young rebuilding roster, but we've finally built a team which should be seriously challenging for the play-offs and we keep throwing away wins. Hell, even when we win we often throw away massive leads.

I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel here.

The light the past two games was Rubio. He really put the team on his back and nearly got us a win tonight, and he assumed the scoring responsibility against OKC. We're probably lottery bound given how stacked the west is, but I hope to see improvement despite that after the all star break.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using RealGM Forums mobile app
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#145 » by The J Rocka » Sat Feb 8, 2014 5:25 am

At this point, I'm just hoping we get to keep our draft pick.
criteriado
Assistant Coach

Post#146 » by criteriado » Sat Feb 8, 2014 5:28 am

The J Rocka wrote:At this point, I'm just hoping we get to keep our draft pick.

Gotta be rooting for Denver then. :lol:
BCP27
Sophomore

Post#147 » by BCP27 » Sat Feb 8, 2014 5:29 am

mercgold3 wrote:HOW MUCH LONG WITH ADELMAN ? WE HAVE A TEAM FOR THE PLAYOFFS, WE DO. BUT NOT WITH THE WORST COACH IN THE NBA RIGHT NOW !

You are insane, and your choice of capitalization reflects this. Adelman is doing a fine job, our roster doesn't complement itself in the ways it needs to for success. His job is to win now, he's doing everything a team ready to win now would have great success with, but our roster isn't ready. If Rubio continues to improve, and Dieng keeps getting minutes, I still see Adelman being a good fit in the near future.

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,358

Post#148 » by Calinks » Sat Feb 8, 2014 5:32 am

When it looked like we were losing, I ws thinking, what would we have to do in the second half to make the playoffs. We would have to go on a serious tear.I just don't see it happening. We are at the point where hanging around .500 no longer is enough, to make up for all of these failures we have to be exceptionally good. People would say its too early to say no playoffs. Well, right now, its too late. We missed the boat again this year and its a crying shame. Healthy team, quality free agents. No excuse. We dropped the ball.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
criteriado
Assistant Coach

Post#149 » by criteriado » Sat Feb 8, 2014 5:32 am

Ok. This team is not making the playoffs. Fire Adelman, can we put an analytics coach or someone smart? A Brad Stevens or something like that.

Let Rubio run the show, play the rookies and upgrade the **** bench.
Cyborg21
General Manager
And1: 368

Post#150 » by Cyborg21 » Sat Feb 8, 2014 5:34 am

Love is not a "superstar". That player would take over a game like this and lead his team to a win.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#151 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Feb 8, 2014 5:35 am

BCP27 wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:HOW MUCH LONG WITH ADELMAN ? WE HAVE A TEAM FOR THE PLAYOFFS, WE DO. BUT NOT WITH THE WORST COACH IN THE NBA RIGHT NOW !

You are insane, and your choice of capitalization reflects this. Adelman is doing a fine job, our roster doesn't complement itself in the ways it needs to for success. His job is to win now, he's doing everything a team ready to win now would have great success with, but our roster isn't ready. If Rubio continues to improve, and Dieng keeps getting minutes, I still see Adelman being a good fit in the near future.

And you are insane for saying that Adelman is doing a fine job, provaly you are the only one.
BCP27
Sophomore

Post#152 » by BCP27 » Sat Feb 8, 2014 5:36 am

Also, I feel like Rubio is the key to our success. The better he does, the better the team does as a whole. Kevin Love, despite being amazing, doesn't seem to carry the same impact. He can put up 25 and 13 every night, but the team varies. I imagine the difference is the presence of a second wheel, which history shows brings much more consistent success to a team with one all star carrying the load.

criteriado
Assistant Coach

Post#153 » by criteriado » Sat Feb 8, 2014 5:36 am

BCP27 wrote:

I agree that the roster is poorly constructed (Brewer 5 mil for god's sake) but Adelman is doing a really really bad job. Look at the Lakers, that team 6 less wins than us. Look at their players.

Thing with Brewer.....In none world he should be playing crunch minutes and his defense is really overrated. Went for two steals in the 4th that resulted in two open 3s.
criteriado
Assistant Coach

Post#154 » by criteriado » Sat Feb 8, 2014 5:41 am

Cyborg21 wrote:Love is not a "superstar". That player would take over a game like this and lead his team to a win.

The dude is clearly injured and he put 26 and 19. We put the points tonight, we couldn't make a stop. Brewer allowed at least two OPEN 3s, and Martin wasn't great at D either. And they were hitting crazy shots, but that happens because our bench let them back in the game.
BCP27
Sophomore

Post#155 » by BCP27 » Sat Feb 8, 2014 5:45 am

criteriado wrote:
BCP27 wrote:

I agree that the roster is poorly constructed (Brewer 5 mil for god's sake) but Adelman is doing a really really bad job. Look at the Lakers, that team 6 less wins than us. Look at their players.

Thing with Brewer.....In none world he should be playing crunch minutes and his defense is really overrated. Went for two steals in the 4th that resulted in two open 3s.

His offense is running at a great clip when we execute properly, it's given us an ability to just outscore an opponent on any given night. Our defense is the problem, and I imagine he doesn't help that. We could use a defensive coordinator, like Thibs was for the 2008-2010 Celtics, but firing Adelman doesn't fix anything.

Also, you aren't taking into account the difference between the situations Adelman and D'Antoni are in. The Lakers went into this season withput much expectations, they aren't going to fire their coach if he experiments with weird guys playing too many minutes and fails. If Adelman tried pulling something like playing Gorgui over Turiaf, or Moute instead of Brewer in the 4th, he'd get canned if we lost too much, and the brass could just blame him for being insane and playing weird players for the losses.

He's proven throughout his career he's a damned fine coach, but he's stuck between a rock and a hard place trying to keep his job.

gala_mt
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#156 » by gala_mt » Sat Feb 8, 2014 5:47 am

Adelman got outcoached by Monty Williams in the fourth quarter! Williams brought A.Davis back in early in the fourth because he saw our bench would let them get back in the game again.. these huge gaps on +/- of our players is on the coach(again Rubio +8 and Martin +6) either because of bad rotations or making too late adjustments in player changes during games

another sad thing is our play as of late, the last okc game was much better we saw a team actually, good flow on offense and particularly everybody giving effort on the defensive end but today(actually the games before as well excluding okc) isos and the Kevins trying to get to the line was adelmans strategy to win, which is succesful against bad teams, when your bench provides some help even against mediocre teams but will result in nothing but a loss against good teams
BCP27
Sophomore

Post#157 » by BCP27 » Sat Feb 8, 2014 5:53 am

EDIT: Double post
BCP27
Sophomore

Post#158 » by BCP27 » Sat Feb 8, 2014 5:53 am

mercgold3 wrote:
BCP27 wrote:

And you are insane for saying that Adelman is doing a fine job, provaly you are the only one.

Hardly. His years of success outweigh one year of a team underperforming, especially when that team was a failure for years before he ever arrived.

jfg
Junior
And1: 45

Post#159 » by jfg » Sat Feb 8, 2014 5:58 am

Cyborg21 wrote:Love is not a "superstar". That player would take over a game like this and lead his team to a win.

It's pretty obvious at this point. He's a great player for sure, but not a superstar. Garnett got the Wolves in the playoffs on his own, Love can't do that. He's nowhere near the level of Lebron, Durant and Kobe that can easily get their team into the playoffs even if they were surrounded by scrubs. Not that I'm saying I think Love should be traded, but he's not elite until he contributes on both ends of the floor and he'll probably never be able to do that. The Wolves are going to have to get very lucky to bring in a second star player. This draft would be the year to finally have our luck change.

That said, I think this team would be more of a challenger for the 8th spot if we shipped Barea for a box of marbles. I don't even care what we get for him, these games would not be close if Adelman didn't have the chance to give him minutes.
gala_mt
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#160 » by gala_mt » Sat Feb 8, 2014 6:01 am

BCP27 wrote:
criteriado wrote:
BCP27 wrote:

His offense is running at a great clip when we execute properly, it's given us an ability to just outscore an opponent on any given night. Our defense is the problem, and I imagine he doesn't help that. We could use a defensive coordinator, like Thibs was for the 2008-2010 Celtics, but firing Adelman doesn't fix anything.

Also, you aren't taking into account the difference between the situations Adelman and D'Antoni are in. The Lakers went into this season withput much expectations, they aren't going to fire their coach if he experiments with weird guys playing too many minutes and fails. If Adelman tried pulling something like playing Gorgui over Turiaf, or Moute instead of Brewer in the 4th, he'd get canned if we lost too much, and the brass could just blame him for being insane and playing weird players for the losses.

He's proven throughout his career he's a damned fine coach, but he's stuck between a rock and a hard place trying to keep his job.

he already played Barea over Rubio 6 or 7 times in the 4th, we lost all games yet nothing happened.. everybody knows that he is high on Bud and playing him despite that he is hurting us whilst we have some young talent which he could play with at least the same outcome isnt a smart or win now move either.. if he would give Shved or Shabazz some confidence and played them in their main positions we would probably getting some young talents developed and it wouldnt hurt us more than playing Bud who is recovering from an injury

btw i like Bud but he shouldve been send to the dleague in order to get in shape again

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves