ImageImageImage

Offseason

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,537

Offseason 

Post#1 » by Note30 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:09 pm

Jeez a whole lot of people sure think Love is gonna leave. Personally if I was the GM I would try to make sure he stays, just because franchise players like him rarely come around. First thing I'd do is hire Lionel Hollins, we have a similar frountcourt of bruisers that Hollins coached in Memphis, if he could toughen them up defensively that would be dope. In any case, ideally, I would do two sign and trades with the Milwaukee Bucks and Cleveland Cavaliers. First trade JJ. Barea and Alexey Shved and a 1st rounder + 2nd rounder to the Bucks for a new 4 year deal on Ramon Sessions and remaining contract John Henson. (It's been reported that Deng and Waiters want out of Cleveland.) Second I would do a sign an trade with Cleveland and trade Kevin Martin, Chase Budinger, L.R Mbah a Moute and two second rounders for a 4 year deal on Luol Deng and remaining Dion Waiters. Lineup would be Rubio, Brewer, Deng, Love Pekovic with Ramon Session, Dion Waiters, Shabazz Muhammed, John Henson and Gorgui Dieng off the bench. That team is a lot like the one Hollins coached in Memphis, except Corey Brewer is no Tony Allen and Tayshaun Prince is no Luol Deng. Anyone thoughts? The bench is heavily upgraded as well as the starting lineup, and if Hollins coaches, our defense will be gnarly.

Lineup:
Ricky Rubio/Ramon Sessions/A.J. Price
Corey Brewer/Dion Waiters/Shannon Brown
Luol Deng/Shabazz Muhammed/Robbie Hummel
Kevin Love/John Henson
Nikola Pekovic/Gorgui Dieng/RonnyTuriaf
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Re: Offseason 

Post#2 » by The J Rocka » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:28 pm

Unfortunately, this isn't 2k. John Henson and Dion Waiters have A LOT more value than that.
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by Note30 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:37 pm

Dion Waiters is totally worth Kevin Martin. I don't know what you're talking about. John Henson plays for the Bucks, his stats are relevant to a totally under performing team. His numbers will definitely go down on a better team.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#4 » by King Malta » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:25 am

Sorry man, can't see Cleveland even considering that trade.
PZiv
Veteran
And1: 828

Post#5 » by PZiv » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:29 am

I hate this Jigsaw puzzle that is called Minnesota. Jeesh I wish it was somehow more simple for this team.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#6 » by southern wolf » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:11 pm

Note30 wrote:Dion Waiters is totally worth Kevin Martin. I don't know what you're talking about. John Henson plays for the Bucks, his stats are relevant to a totally under performing team. His numbers will definitely go down on a better team.

Did you forget the green font? Terrible call. Waiters is a 22 year old top five pick on the rise. Martin is a 31 year old, one-dimensional player on the decline.
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by Note30 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:07 pm

Dion Waiters is a scorer with a lower fg percentage. On the rise is kind of blanket term for a guy who spent 20 games on the bench this season cause of he "didn't like the team". In other news, James Harden was traded for Kevin Martin. At 12mill. This is 6.5 mill and Dion wants out of the team. Not to mention a first round pick in a loaded draft. You guys are overly cynical.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Post#8 » by Klomp » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:14 pm

There's a major MAJOR difference between the trade value of someone on a 12m EXPIRING contract, and a 7m contract that goes 3 more years.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by Note30 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:35 pm

They were planning to re-sign him if he wanted to stay. Then again, I see your point, but there's still two draft pick being included in this trade, I honestly don't see why this would such a bad trade.

mg
General Manager
And1: 4,032

Post#10 » by mg » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:49 pm

Waiters is averaging 21 pts/5 assists/3 rebs shooting 43% the last 10 games since Kyrie Irving was injured. Actually the Cavs have played better with Dion than they did with Kyrie. Unlike Harden he still has 2 years left on a rookie deal too. At this point I think it would take alot to get him. The Suns were able to steal Bledsoe from the Clippers last year but Bledsoe was on the last year of his rookie deal and Rivers was willing to move him for established shooters. Most of the Cav players are 21-22 so I highly doubt they would have any interest in Martin. They also have a lottery pick this draft and have stockpiled a ton of other picks over the next few years.
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,749

Post#11 » by Wonka » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:40 pm

As a Bucks fan I would never give up Henson for that package under any circumstances.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#12 » by Dewey » Tue Apr 1, 2014 1:42 am

Off-season priorities ...
1. Brewer KMart WILL NOT start ... for the love of god, get a legit SG/SF.
2. Pek Traded ... Pek is too expensive and injury prone to build on.
3. JJB & Moute are gone ... we have got to shore up this bench.

I think Rubio will continue to develop physically and score more efficiently ... not giving him a pass, but I just think he will hold his own long-term once we fix our other issues above. Since Flipper was a minnow, we've needed wings who can handle the ball and play both ends of the floor.

12 man potential ... Pek trade brings a SG or SF, then the other thru draft or free agency

Starters = Rubio/SG/SF/Love/C
Bench = Bazz, Dieng, Turiaf, Kmart, Brewer, Cunningham, Shved
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves