ImageImageImage

Timberwolves have more likes than the Twins on Facebook!

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Minnesota Power
Pro Prospect
And1: 207

Timberwolves have more likes than the Twins on Facebook! 

Post#1 » by Minnesota Power » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:46 am

So apparently the supposedly least popular and most irrelevant MN sports team has more likes then the supposedly most or second most popular MN sports team and the only one with actual championships not including the Lynx or the Lakers from a billion years ago.

Interestingly enough Twins fans are always the most defensive as well when you claim the Vikings are more popular. http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2013 ... y_says.php Interesting

If I were Adam Silver I would keep an eye on this and make sure to never let the team relocate under my tenure. And make sure Glen Taylor remains loyal to Minnesota like he claims hes going to do for the rest of his life if he is to be believed.

But most likely Adam Silver has a master plan to screw Minnesota just like Howard Schultz, David Stern and Clay Bennett all teamed up to screw Seattle :(
I want to move back to Minnesota, I miss it sooooo much! :cry:
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Re: Timberwolves have more likes than the Twins on Facebook! 

Post#2 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:55 am

And in the begining of the season in November they only had around 450.000, in 6 months they doubled the numbers. I think the internacional players help a lot to get this numbers.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,350

Post#3 » by Calinks » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:23 am

Has to be international fans. We get fans from Spain, Puerto Rico, Africa, Europe and Asia.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#4 » by southern wolf » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:16 am

Calinks wrote:Has to be international fans. We get fans from Spain, Puerto Rico, Africa, Europe and Asia.

That and the Wolves are a popular league pass team. A lot of neutral NBA fans would 'like' us because of Love and Rubio and our style of play.
Minnesota Power
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by Minnesota Power » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:58 am

Funny I always hear how the Timberwolves are not popular and should be contracted and/or relocated, yet apparantly they have a gigantic international fanbase when those same international fans could easily like the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Heat, Thunder, etc. instead. Interesting.......

I hope Adam Silver and the relocation committee keep this in mind come 2032.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#6 » by King Malta » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:41 am

Calinks wrote:Has to be international fans. We get fans from Spain, Puerto Rico, Africa, Europe and Asia.

Yep, I'm Australian and I run into a Wolves fan everynow and then.

I think when you're looking at all the teams from a name/colours point of view the Wolves are a relatively attractive team to international fans who have no geographical loyalties. I mean...Minnesota Timberwolves...that sounds mean as :lol:

I picked them because of name/colours when I was around 7 years old and have never looked back.
Saintsteven
Junior
And1: 549

Post#7 » by Saintsteven » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:40 pm

Cherry_Grape wrote:Funny I always hear how the Timberwolves are not popular and should be contracted and/or relocated, yet apparantly they have a gigantic international fanbase when those same international fans could easily like the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Heat, Thunder, etc. instead. Interesting.......

I hope Adam Silver and the relocation committee keep this in mind come 2032.

Why does that matter even if it were true?
International teams couldn't care less about the location of the team, especially one located in Minnesota.
They care about the international players on the team and that is the primary reason any international basketball fan would even think twice about the Timberwolves. The international fans would prefer a team on the East or West coast to facilitate potential possibilities to see the team play in person rather than going all the way to cold and far away Minnesota. Plus a team on the Coast would be more attractive to free agent international players.

Also, Glen Taylor is one of the worst owners in Sports, so hoping an outcome is contingent on anything this man decides in relation to owning and operating a winning and successful Sports franchise is essentially being okay with another 10 year play off drought and irrelevance.
Minnesota Power
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by Minnesota Power » Sun May 4, 2014 2:04 am

Timberwolves have surprassed more then 1 million likes on facebook! Wonder what Adam Silver thinks of this accomplishment?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,948

Post#9 » by Klomp » Sun May 4, 2014 4:53 am

Cherry_Grape wrote: Wonder what Adam Silver thinks of this accomplishment?

Probably doesn't care
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#10 » by FinnTheHuman » Sun May 4, 2014 11:05 am

Klomp wrote:

Probably doesn't care

Not true! When he heard that we got 1M likes on facebook, he secretly started putting the additional TWolves lotttery balls into the machine, thus increasing our chances for top 3 picks. You can freely thank me and Cherry Grape for making dozens of fake facebook accounts and liking TWolves page.
jade_hippo
Starter
And1: 135

Post#11 » by jade_hippo » Sun May 4, 2014 11:37 am

FinnTheHuman wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Probably doesn't care

Not true! When he heard that we got 1M likes on facebook, he secretly started putting the additional TWolves lotttery balls into the machine, thus increasing our chances for top 3 picks. You can freely thank me and Cherry Grape for making dozens of fake facebook accounts and liking TWolves page.

Too bad the team is probably moving in 2053.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#12 » by FinnTheHuman » Sun May 4, 2014 12:28 pm

jade_hippo wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:
Klomp wrote:Probably doesn't care

Too bad the team is probably moving in 2053.

Not with Cherry Grape lobbying for us.
trevor0333
Senior
And1: 86

Post#13 » by trevor0333 » Tue May 6, 2014 8:33 pm

Twins fans still read the paper.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves