Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Minnesota Power
Pro Prospect
And1: 207

Glen Taylor looking to sell the team again 

Post#1 » by Minnesota Power » Tue May 20, 2014 1:03 pm

http://www.thestreet.com/story/12709096 ... erest.html

it is kind of scary

"One source said the Timberwolves were approached earlier this month by an investor consortium looking to buy the franchise outright."

Wish we knew who the people trying to buy the franchise are. This could be a good or a bad thing.
I want to move back to Minnesota, I miss it sooooo much! :cry:
Junior
And1: 112

Re: Glen Taylor looking to sell the team again 

Post#2 » by ... » Tue May 20, 2014 1:13 pm

Cherry_Grape wrote:http://www.thestreet.com/story/12709096/1/timberwolves-receive-bidder-interest.html

it is kind of scary

"One source said the Timberwolves were approached earlier this month by an investor consortium looking to buy the franchise outright."

Wish we knew who the people trying to buy the franchise are. This could be a good or a bad thing.

"Considering various strategic options" is not equal to "looking to sell the team again."
Minnesota Power
Pro Prospect

Post#3 » by Minnesota Power » Tue May 20, 2014 1:16 pm

I can see it now. Sells to someone like Howard Schultz then years later he sells to some Louisville or St Louis or Kansas City or Pittsburgh or Las Vegas or San Diego or Vancouver group who "promise to keep the team in Minnesota" just like Clay Bennett "promised to keep the Sonics in Seattle and had no intention whatsoever in the slightest to relocate to OKC"

Lets hope not. But knowing Glen Taylor and how the TWolves and Vikings never get lucky or actually win, theres no reason to be optimistic.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 912

Post#4 » by Saltine » Tue May 20, 2014 1:33 pm

Why do you post so much Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt BS?
The sky is always falling in your threads.

It's weird.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#5 » by Krapinsky » Tue May 20, 2014 2:17 pm

This is a misleading thread. It's like if a girl asked me out on a date and a rumor was started that I was looking for a new girlfriend.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#6 » by C.lupus » Tue May 20, 2014 2:45 pm

Taylor will consider offers from potential minority investors

minority investors
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,945

Post#7 » by Klomp » Tue May 20, 2014 3:35 pm

Cherry_Grape wrote:I can see it now. Sells to someone like Howard Schultz then years later he sells to some Louisville or St Louis or Kansas City or Pittsburgh or Las Vegas or San Diego or Vancouver group who "promise to keep the team in Minnesota" just like Clay Bennett "promised to keep the Sonics in Seattle and had no intention whatsoever in the slightest to relocate to OKC"

Lets hope not. But knowing Glen Taylor and how the TWolves and Vikings never get lucky or actually win, theres no reason to be optimistic.

2032. Keep that number ingrained in your mind.

The lease was up in Seattle. Thats why they moved.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
NekiEcko
Bench Warmer
And1: 336

Post#8 » by NekiEcko » Tue May 20, 2014 4:00 pm

Klomp wrote:
Cherry_Grape wrote:I can see it now. Sells to someone like Howard Schultz then years later he sells to some Louisville or St Louis or Kansas City or Pittsburgh or Las Vegas or San Diego or Vancouver group who "promise to keep the team in Minnesota" just like Clay Bennett "promised to keep the Sonics in Seattle and had no intention whatsoever in the slightest to relocate to OKC"

2032. Keep that number ingrained in your mind.

The lease was up in Seattle. Thats why they moved.

Actually they had two more years before the lease was up, that was the reason why NBA went to court in Seattle to break that lease.

About Glen Taylor want to sell the team, if the worst team in NBA gets 550 million plus and the Clippers about to get 1 Billion or more for their sell. He would get atleast 575 - 600 million for the team. Probably he should look into it as long they can keep the team there.
Minnesota Power
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by Minnesota Power » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:23 am

Saltine wrote:Why do you post so much Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt BS?

It's weird.

Oh the irony. Now with the news of Taylor (possibly) selling to A-Rod and this former Walmart executive, people on RealGM and Reddit are all freaking out now, and yet I was completely predicting and foreshadowing that this was going to happen back in 2014/2015, and ya'll blew me off and laughed at me and called me insane & silly.
jscott
Veteran
And1: 917

Post#10 » by jscott » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:52 pm

Minnesota Power wrote:

It's weird.

Oh the irony. Now with the news of Taylor (possibly) selling to A-Rod and this former Walmart executive, people on RealGM and Reddit are all freaking out now, and yet I was completely predicting and foreshadowing that this was going to happen back in 2014/2015, and ya'll blew me off and laughed at me and called me insane & silly.

You’re right.

They should have called you petty & small.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 912

Post#11 » by Saltine » Sat Jul 2, 2022 5:50 am

Minnesota Power wrote:

It's weird.

I'm digging the new owners. They hired competent people, and got us Rudy, nice work so far :D 8-)
Minnesota Power
Pro Prospect

Post#12 » by Minnesota Power » Mon Aug 1, 2022 9:25 am

Saltine wrote:
Minnesota Power wrote:

It's weird.

I'm digging the new owners. They hired competent people, and got us Rudy, nice work so far :D 8-)

I've never forgotten that Glen Taylor was one of the 28 NBA owners that voted in favor of the Seattle Supersonics moving to Oklahoma City. :upset:

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves