ImageImageImage

Bulls deal vs Celtics deal vs Deal with Another team (POLL)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Do You prefer a possible deal with the Bulls VS Celtics VS Deal with another team ?

Bulls - Mirotic or T.Gibson + Boozer + Butler + 16 th + 19th FOR Love + Martin + Budinger
29%
Celtics - 6# + 17# + Bkn 2016 + Sullinger + A.Bradley (S&T) (4 Years - 26-28 M$ Maybe ?) + B.Bass + J.Anthony FOR Love + K.Martin
55%
Other Team - G.State / Suns / Rockets / Kings / Lakers / ???
16%

Total votes: 168

cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,996

Re: Bulls deal vs Celtics deal vs Deal with Another team (PO 

Post#221 » by cl2117 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:27 pm

Klomp wrote:
cl2117 wrote:I'm just saying in my evaluation of the deal, Gallinari would need to stay in Denver if they want to compete in the West, which would be a requirement of Love if they expect to get him to resign.

If Denver was the only team interested, sure. But they're on.

If they've put a legitimate offer on the table that is in serious contention with the likes of GS, CHI and BOS, they will have to worry more about putting the best offer forward than saving assets for the chance Minnesota accepts the deal.

If Denver doesn't want to put forward their best offer that is competitive with the other offers, they should step away from the table.

That's what I said in my original response to you (you can either refer below or back up top). I don't think they're a good trade partner. In order to give up the requisite value to acquire Love, they'd simultaneously lose too much to be competitive and keep Love long term.

cl2117 wrote:..it'd be Denver's problem because they'd need to convince Love to resign and if they're left with just that they probably don't make the playoffs and are going to have a hard time convincing Love to stay, which is the point I think the other poster was trying to make. And that would suggest to me they wouldn't put all that on the table because it'd be too risky, which is why I don't think they make the ideal trade partner.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#222 » by Mattya » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:36 pm

truth18 wrote:Hey guys, lurking your forum and just had a question.

Are the poll numbera here a bit skewed due to Boston/Bulls fans voting? Or is this an accurate representation of this forum's feelings?

Obviously I didn't/won't vote

More than a bit skewed. Saw some Boston posters post about this poll one day on your forum when it was like 40 Celtics- 30 Bulls, few days later we are at 75-38.
DarkAzcura
General Manager
And1: 7,150

Post#223 » by DarkAzcura » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:41 pm

Mattya wrote:

Are the poll numbera here a bit skewed due to Boston/Bulls fans voting? Or is this an accurate representation of this forum's feelings?

More than a bit skewed. Saw some Boston posters post about this poll one day on your forum when it was like 40 Celtics- 30 Bulls, few days later we are at 75-38.

Chicago fans know about the poll too and there are more of them. I've seen this poll from day one, it's always favored Boston. It means nothing really, but let's not act like Boston fans are really skewing it.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#224 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:47 pm

Of course this POLL does not represent what the T-Wolves fans think.
Because Celtics fans are on 100 % agree with this deal and they think is a fair deal, while some Chicago fans dont think that is a good deal for them. They think is too much.

That doesnt mean if was only T-Wolves fans to vote, like i ask, the results would not be the same !!!
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#225 » by Mattya » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:34 pm

DarkAzcura wrote:
Mattya wrote:

Chicago fans know about the poll too and there are more of them. I've seen this poll from day one, it's always favored Boston. It means nothing really, but let's not act like Boston fans are really skewing it.

We have seen far more Celtics fans over here than Bulls fans. I think its far too much of a coincidence that the Boston board finds out about the poll and two or three days later there are ~30 more Celtics votes on a poll that had been up for days already.
DarkAzcura
General Manager
And1: 7,150

Post#226 » by DarkAzcura » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:36 pm

Mattya wrote:
DarkAzcura wrote:
Mattya wrote:

We have seen far more Celtics fans over here than Bulls fans. I think its far too much of a coincidence that the Boston board finds out about the poll and two or three days later there are ~30 more Celtics votes on a poll that had been up for days already.

Maybe you are right, but I've seen Boston hover at 45-50% of the votes since day one regardless of volume.

Sorry if I'm snarky today y'all. Just a bad day.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 912

Post#227 » by Saltine » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:51 pm

I know the east coast media likes to think Love will end up in Boston but I don't see why that would happen, our owner is too old for another rebuild, and we suck at drafting.

The Boston deal assumes we can turn mid first round draft picks into players, which any Wolves fan knows is a rare achievement around here. That would be the best deal for the Spurs, but not for us, GSW, Denver, and Chicago easily beat it by giving us proven talent.

Which makes the 78 Boston votes an obvious joke ;)
The Rondo Show
Analyst
And1: 327

Post#228 » by The Rondo Show » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:03 pm

Saltine wrote:I know the east coast media likes to think Love will end up in Boston but I don't see why that would happen, our owner is too old for another rebuild, and we suck at drafting.

The Boston deal assumes we can turn mid first round draft picks into players, which any Wolves fan knows is a rare achievement around here. That would be the best deal for the Spurs, but not for us, GSW, Denver, and Chicago easily beat it by giving us proven talent.

Which makes the 78 Boston votes an obvious joke ;)
It depends what you are looking for. You can argue that "proven talent" is as much a negative as a positive if it puts you in no man's land of not good enough to make playoffs/be a real threat in playoffs, but too good for a high draft pick to land a possible star and drastically improve your team.

I think the BOS deal is good for 3 main reasons: the #6 pick, the fact that you guys would suck next year in my opinion after the BOS deal (which many of you and clearly Flip find to be a negative, so like I said...depends what you believe in team building wise) and get a high pick/possible star and the cap space it provides after the '14-'15 season. With how cheap the #6 pick, Sullinger, etc. are you would have significant cap space to bring in more proven players after next year. Difference is you'd have 2 chances to swing for the fences with stars at #6 this year and your 2015 1st rounder because of how little immediate help the Celtics trade provides and then you could sign an Afflalo or Wes Matthews for the kind of money you'll have to pay Klay Thompson next off-season, or a bit less.

I think it's clear what Flip is looking for at this point though, and that's something very different than the Celtics are offering, so not expecting Love to end up in BOS at this point. It'd take a very complicated 3 or probably even 4 team trade where the Celtics find you win now players, and the odds of any trade that complicated are pretty low.
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#229 » by Jajwanda » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:56 am

The one thing L.A. can offer that the other teams aren't offering is pure cap space. That can be very useful in large TPEs as opposed to huge deals like David Lee's.

If you figure that G.S.'s offer is Thompson, Lee and his contract, and a future 1st I think L.A. can beat that.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,954

Post#230 » by Klomp » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:06 pm

Jajwanda wrote:The one thing L.A. can offer that the other teams aren't offering is pure cap space.

Have you seen the reported Boston offers recently? They have that, better prospects, and a better pick.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,996

Post#231 » by cl2117 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:42 pm

Klomp wrote:
Jajwanda wrote:The one thing L.A. can offer that the other teams aren't offering is pure cap space.

Have you seen the reported Boston offers recently? They have that, better prospects, and a better pick.

Could you update me on the most recently rumored Boston offer?

The meat of the deal seems to stay fairly constant, #6, #17, plus one of Sullinger/Olynyk, expiring deals, but the back end of the deal seems to fluctuate on every different report I see. I assume given the competition that seems to have developed among the Love suitors that one of the Brooklyn picks has to be included at this point, but I think the last report I saw said it was a future Boston pick instead.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 693

Post#232 » by karch34 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:47 pm

I think you have the main pieces that are considered for sure. Variations include combinations of future picks from Boston/Green for salary/Bogans and Anthony for space and if the wolves would include Martin or another contract. I don't think there's a true current deal that has been mentioned as Boston is holding strong with "this, this, and this."
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#233 » by C.lupus » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:56 pm

Jajwanda wrote:The one thing L.A. can offer that the other teams aren't offering is pure cap space. That can be very useful in large TPEs as opposed to huge deals like David Lee's.

If you figure that G.S.'s offer is Thompson, Lee and his contract, and a future 1st I think L.A. can beat that.

Flip appears to want established youngish players as the centerpiece of a Love trade (unless it's a smokescreen). A pick and cap space doesn't do it. It would need to be a three team deal where the TPE/cap space went somewhere else and they sent Minny a couple players.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves