Wolves select Glenn Robinson III

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,945

Re: Wolves select Glenn Robinson III 

Post#101 » by Klomp » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:41 pm

Fischella wrote:Barea should be gone at one point, but he is not a problem he is expiring anyway, but you got LaVine, Martin, Wiggins, Budinger, Muhammad, Robinson, Brewer and Hummel at the wings, that's crazy, at least Martin and Brewer should be traded.

Hummel will be a stretch 4, not a SF.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#102 » by No-Man » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:44 pm

Klomp wrote:
Fischella wrote:Barea should be gone at one point, but he is not a problem he is expiring anyway, but you got LaVine, Martin, Wiggins, Budinger, Muhammad, Robinson, Brewer and Hummel at the wings, that's crazy, at least Martin and Brewer should be traded.

Still, I think getting some assets, or actually just capspace and maybe a pick for Brewer and Martin will be good, you have Budinger as a vet to make it competitive, plus Hummel and Mo Williams, and Rubio, Young, Pekovic... that's enough in a rebuilding to teach the youngs guys.

LaVine, Wiggins, Buginder, Muhammad, Robinson is a nice 5 men rotation for the wings, I will try to go with that, and try Martin and Corey as soon as possible.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#103 » by AQuintus » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:54 pm

Fischella wrote:Martin and Brewer should be traded.

1) Why? Trading guys just to trade them doesn't make any sense.

2) Barea is as good as gone, and before training camp, with this signing.

3) GRIII is a 2nd round pick that will likely spend most, if not all, of his season in the D-League. This signing really doesn't do anything to the wing rotation.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,142

Post#104 » by GopherIt! » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:08 am

Anybody need a short, bilingual tank commander? Comes w free eye candy.
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#105 » by Feilong » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:08 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/status/512086832675180544[/tweet]

Bye bye Barea.... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Peezo
Rookie
And1: 79

Post#106 » by Peezo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:43 am

The Doogie quote makes me wonder if he will push someone else out or not. I hope it means JJ is gone!
Turnover_21 wrote:So who do we get? Capspace? Is Capspace white?
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#107 » by packforfreedom » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:03 am

Fischella wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Still, I think getting some assets, or actually just capspace and maybe a pick for Brewer and Martin will be good, you have Budinger as a vet to make it competitive, plus Hummel and Mo Williams, and Rubio, Young, Pekovic... that's enough in a rebuilding to teach the youngs guys.

LaVine, Wiggins, Buginder, Muhammad, Robinson is a nice 5 men rotation for the wings, I will try to go with that, and try Martin and Corey as soon as possible.

In what world would we trade Martin for capspace (notice: his contract isn't bad and he's our best scorer) and Brewer for capspace, while keeping Budinger to stay competitive??? These insanely bad trade ideas have to stop!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#108 » by Klomp » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:19 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/status/512229102154031104[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/status/512230304413523968[/tweet]
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#109 » by Grits n Gravy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:23 pm

Klomp wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/status/512229102154031104[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/status/512230304413523968[/tweet]

That doesn't sound right at all - that you can give a guy a one year deal and still have him restricted in free agency. I thought you had to have at least a 3 year contract to have a guy be a restricted free agent.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#110 » by Klomp » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:01 pm

Grits n Gravy wrote:That doesn't sound right at all - that you can give a guy a one year deal and still have him restricted in free agency. I thought you had to have at least a 3 year contract to have a guy be a restricted free agent.

Three years is for Bird rights.

In my understanding, any player on his rookie deal has a qualifying offer at the end, no matter if its a 1st or 2nd round pick.

Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#111 » by Grits n Gravy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:03 am

Klomp wrote:
Grits n Gravy wrote:That doesn't sound right at all - that you can give a guy a one year deal and still have him restricted in free agency. I thought you had to have at least a 3 year contract to have a guy be a restricted free agent.

Three years is for Bird rights.

In my understanding, any player on his rookie deal has a qualifying offer at the end, no matter if its a 1st or 2nd round pick.

I'm probably wrong but I can't remember ever hearing about a first year rookie signing a one year deal then being restrcited. It seems like it benefits the signing team too much to only have to commit one year to a player and if he pans out then you are guaranteed to keep him. I know that second rounders signed to three years become restricted free agents - Pek, and I know that second rounders signed to 4 year deals become unrestricted - Bud.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#112 » by andyhop » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:10 am

Grits n Gravy wrote:I'm probably wrong but I can't remember ever hearing about a first year rookie signing a one year deal then being restrcited. It seems like it benefits the signing team too much to only have to commit one year to a player and if he pans out then you are guaranteed to keep him. I know that second rounders signed to three years become restricted free agents - Pek, and I know that second rounders signed to 4 year deals become unrestricted - Bud.

Restricted free agency exists only on a limited basis. It is allowed following the fourth year of rookie "scale" contracts for first round draft picks (see question number 49). It is also allowed for all veteran free agents who have been in the league three or fewer seasons.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q44
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#113 » by Narf » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:33 am

Well he's rated 361 on ESPNs everyone rankings. That's better than I was expecting.
YaleS
Sophomore
And1: 63

Post#114 » by YaleS » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:40 pm

Narf wrote:Well he's rated 361 on ESPNs everyone rankings. That's better than I was expecting.

I don`t take these ranking serious, but think that Robinson can be alot better than expected for 40th pick. Think his athl. and ovr. game is completly underrated around here. He`ll prob. be top 10 in the D-league this year.

So sad to see Oden 480 on this list, he could`ve been great

PS: Joel Embiid is 398th on this list, this is insane! What are their criteria for the list?
ace625214
Bench Warmer
And1: 604

Post#115 » by ace625214 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:24 pm

YaleS wrote:
Narf wrote:Well he's rated 361 on ESPNs everyone rankings. That's better than I was expecting.

I don`t take these ranking serious, but think that Robinson can be alot better than expected for 40th pick. Think his athl. and ovr. game is completly underrated around here. He`ll prob. be top 10 in the D-league this year.

PS: Joel Embiid is 398th on this list, this is insane! What are their criteria for the list?

Joel Embiid is on one leg and won't play this season. How high can he be when they are rating him in a suit?
MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Post#116 » by MinneOOPalis » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:17 pm

If GR3 came out last year instead we probably would've chosen him over Shabazz. Was a dumb idea to stay in school.
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#117 » by Narf » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:47 am

Sakuragi_ wrote:If GR3 came out last year instead we probably would've chosen him over Shabazz. Was a dumb idea to stay in school.

Good for us at least. It's too bad we didn't do a minimum salary version of a rookie contract. 2 years guaranteed, then 2 team options, then RFA. I'd wager he has value with that contract even if he gets DNPCD for 3 months.
MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Post#118 » by MinneOOPalis » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:59 am

ace625214 wrote:
YaleS wrote:

Joel Embiid is on one leg and won't play this season. How high can he be when they are rating him in a suit?

I guess its based on his fashion
YaleS
Sophomore
And1: 63

Post#119 » by YaleS » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:35 am

ace625214 wrote:
YaleS wrote:

In that case he should be 500th, what is this random 398?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves