ImageImageImage

Looking ahead to the 2015 NBA draft.

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Jayme96
Sophomore
And1: 24

Re: Looking ahead to the 2015 NBA draft. 

Post#61 » by Jayme96 » Fri Aug 8, 2014 12:21 am

LordBaldric wrote:Keep in mind the lottery system is probably going to be revamped before the next draft.

What they need to do is get rid of the lotto period. It's stupid to have teams like the Magic, Spurs and Cavs always winning it, while other franchies continually get screwed over by it. Look at the Spurs especially. #1 pick: David Robinson, HOFer. He conveniently gets hurt and they tank to beat hell, win the lotto again: Tim Duncan. ~18 consecutive years in the playoffs, another HOFer, 2 or 3 championships, etc. It's nothing but BS....and I like the Spurs for the record, or at least did when they had the Admiral....now I'm indifferent, but cheer for them over 2/3 of the teams I guess.
Hogified05
Rookie
And1: 498

Post#62 » by Hogified05 » Fri Aug 8, 2014 4:14 am

I have complete confidence you guys will be the worse team in the West. It's just a loaded conference and you guys will be soooo young. But man if you guys could some how sneak into the first pick and grab Oakfor. Your squad will be looking crazy good.

But if you guys end up in the the middle of the lottery I think a really really good fit for you would be Chris Walker. Now this is depending on his season this year but he has the tools to be a lotto pick. Last year wasn't fair judge on him, he was thrust into a final four team mid season and didn't have the strength training he needed. He is going be the man for UF this year for better or worse. He is is up to 220 from 202, he is 6'10 athletic freak.

Here is why I say he is good for you guys if he balls out this year. You guys should ramp the pace up this year and have Rubio get out and run with those athletes. He would be the perfect 4 for a running team. Put Dieng at the 5 and have LaVine, Wiggins and Walker running the lanes! Highlight factory.

Don't know just my two cents maybe I am just a Gator homer ha.
The hero Orlando deserves is out there somewhere, Dwight was not the one we needed. So we will hunt for him...
MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Post#63 » by MinneOOPalis » Fri Aug 8, 2014 4:19 am

Hogified05 wrote:I have complete confidence you guys will be the worse team in the West. It's just a loaded conference and you guys will be soooo young. But man if you guys could some how sneak into the first pick and grab Oakfor. Your squad will be looking crazy good.

But if you guys end up in the the middle of the lottery I think a really really good fit for you would be Chris Walker. Now this is depending on his season this year but he has the tools to be a lotto pick. Last year wasn't fair judge on him, he was thrust into a final four team mid season and didn't have the strength training he needed. He is going be the man for UF this year for better or worse. He is is up to 220 from 202, he is 6'10 athletic freak.

Here is why I say he is good for you guys if he balls out this year. You guys should ramp the pace up this year and have Rubio get out and run with those athletes. He would be the perfect 4 for a running team. Put Dieng at the 5 and have LaVine, Wiggins and Walker running the lanes! Highlight factory.

I dunno. Chris Walker has no real skills and questionable IQ.
Hogified05
Rookie
And1: 498

Post#64 » by Hogified05 » Fri Aug 8, 2014 4:28 am

Sakuragi_ wrote:
Hogified05 wrote:I have complete confidence you guys will be the worse team in the West. It's just a loaded conference and you guys will be soooo young. But man if you guys could some how sneak into the first pick and grab Oakfor. Your squad will be looking crazy good.

I dunno. Chris Walker has no real skills and questionable IQ.

Yea I know that's what it will depend on how he does this year. It will be fair to judge him after this year. I've actually communicated with the kid on twitter for a couple years then he added me on snapchat. He actually responds quite a bit. I am bias so I am rooting for him. Kid works hard, I've actually personally seen it on snapchat. Be you make valid points, I will be watching closely this year and I'll pull no punches on evaluating him.
The hero Orlando deserves is out there somewhere, Dwight was not the one we needed. So we will hunt for him...
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,142

Post#65 » by GopherIt! » Sat Aug 9, 2014 4:30 am

Tyus Jones. Tyus Jones. Tyus Jones.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#66 » by jpatrick » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:06 am

Watched the first two Kentucky exhibition games that are on ESPN, including today's against a French professional team. I was hoping Towns was more PF than center given our hole there, but he's a center all the way, but he's going to be good. His size, body, and the way he moves reminds me a lot of a rookie Andrew Bynum. But, unlike Bynum, Towns has a high BBIQ and off the chart intangibles. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he goes #1 next year. My only worry is that KY has two other first round prospect type centers on their roster, will he get enough minutes/touches to show off what he can do.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#67 » by AQuintus » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:17 am

GopherIt! wrote:Tyus Jones. Tyus Jones. Tyus Jones.

Is a PG. Is a PG. Is a PG.

We're not drafting a backup PG in the lottery next year, especially when we can get a starting PF.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,142

Post#68 » by GopherIt! » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:11 am

Lol, I know.

I will say this, depending on the players abilities and rotations, featuring 2 pg's can be very effective a la Bledsoe/Dragic or Adelman's Houston teams (Lowry/Brooks/Dragic, etc. - and they had KMart too.)

I'm sky high on Ty, but yeah of course we need a PF more than another point.

Ricky's development and contract demands will add another wrinkle to things as well.
Plus Zach may show he can play there too.
Jayme96
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#69 » by Jayme96 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:15 am

With Rubio's contract demands and offensive woes, another PG isn't a bad idea, especially if they're like LaVine and can play the 2 and guard 3s. Actually with LaVine already on the roster, that might not make the most sense, unless LaVine is going to play the 2.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#70 » by minimus » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:25 am

AQuintus wrote:
GopherIt! wrote:Tyus Jones. Tyus Jones. Tyus Jones.

Is a PG. Is a PG. Is a PG.

We're not drafting a backup PG in the lottery next year, especially when we can get a starting PF.

If rookie backup PG can shoot and fits well with Rubio, why not? Then find solid PF via trade or FA.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#71 » by AQuintus » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:30 am

minimus wrote:If rookie backup PG can shoot and fits well with Rubio, why not? Then find solid PF via trade or FA.

Because we can get a starting PF in the draft and then find a solid PG via trade or FA.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#72 » by minimus » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:47 am

AQuintus wrote:
minimus wrote:If rookie backup PG can shoot and fits well with Rubio, why not? Then find solid PF via trade or FA.

Because we can get a starting PF in the draft and then find a solid PG via trade or FA.

I agree it can be an option. However I woudn't limit any BPA opportunity (PG or PF). We saw PHO example with two head PG:
Plumlee - limited in offense C with good D
Frye/Morris - long range bomber/decent PF
PJ Tucker - pitbull in defense
Dragic/G.Green - scorer, disributor/high flyer
Bledsoe - slasher, kick out
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,943

Post#73 » by Klomp » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:53 am

jpatrick wrote:Watched the first two Kentucky exhibition games that are on ESPN, including today's against a French professional team. I was hoping Towns was more PF than center given our hole there, but he's a center all the way, but he's going to be good. His size, body, and the way he moves reminds me a lot of a rookie Andrew Bynum. But, unlike Bynum, Towns has a high BBIQ and off the chart intangibles. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he goes #1 next year. My only worry is that KY has two other first round prospect type centers on their roster, will he get enough minutes/touches to show off what he can do.

I saw a bunch of people today compare him to Anthony Davis, who is a PF.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
jpatrick
Assistant Coach

Post#74 » by jpatrick » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:33 am

Klomp wrote:
jpatrick wrote:Watched the first two Kentucky exhibition games that are on ESPN, including today's against a French professional team. I was hoping Towns was more PF than center given our hole there, but he's a center all the way, but he's going to be good. His size, body, and the way he moves reminds me a lot of a rookie Andrew Bynum. But, unlike Bynum, Towns has a high BBIQ and off the chart intangibles. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he goes #1 next year. My only worry is that KY has two other first round prospect type centers on their roster, will he get enough minutes/touches to show off what he can do.

I saw a bunch of people today compare him to Anthony Davis, who is a PF.

He may have a similar skillset to Davis in his ability to shoot, block shots, and have a high BBIQ, but he is bigger (height and bulk) than Davis at that age but at least IMO isn't nearly as fluid and athletic as Davis. That's why I think he'll be pure center. He'll struggle defensively to cover NBA PFs out in space. He's really really good though.

It'll be interesting to see how KY manages all their talent. Their second stringers would form a top 25 team I think.
HitmanCapone
Pro Prospect
And1: 130

Post#75 » by HitmanCapone » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:22 pm

My early favorites are:
Cliff Alexander & Montrezl Harrell. I'm also intrigued by what I've heard about Kristaps Porzingis but admittedly don't know much about him.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by Klomp » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:02 pm

Am I the only one not that thrilled with the PF crop in 2015? When it comes to fitting with our roster, Porzingis might be the only one I'd want.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#77 » by Krapinsky » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:03 pm

Klomp wrote:Am I the only one not that thrilled with the PF crop in 2015? When it comes to fitting with our roster, Porzingis might be the only one I'd want.

Sam Dekker.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#78 » by Klomp » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:07 pm

Krapinsky wrote:
Klomp wrote:Am I the only one not that thrilled with the PF crop in 2015? When it comes to fitting with our roster, Porzingis might be the only one I'd want.

Sam Dekker.

Defense?

Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#79 » by Krapinsky » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:16 pm

Klomp wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:

Sam Dekker.

Defense?

Eh, he'll be fine. I'll take his defense over a bean pole like Porzingis.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach

Post#80 » by jpatrick » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:50 pm

I agree. Alexander's the highest rated but he appears to be undersized, low skill and BBIQ type, who gets by by overpowering guys. I don't think that's a great fit.

In theory I love Prozingis' game, hopefully he gets minutes and shows he deserves to be a high lotto pick.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves