Post-DaD Depth Chart

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

sortpar
Sixth Man
And1: 792

Re: Depth Chart post Love trade 

Post#261 » by sortpar » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:16 pm

Klomp wrote:
frumble wrote:Anyone hearing anything about Heslip getting a training camp invite, or have any thoughts on his chances?

Thanks.

Sounds like he'll be at camp. His chances for a spot will depend on what other moves are made.

He'd be a solid choice for third PG once Barea is gone. However, GR3 is ahead of him in the pecking order of guys to sign.

I'd say right noew his making the team is pretty unlikely. That could change, though.

Great 3 point shooting option.
frumble
Bench Warmer
And1: 710

Post#262 » by frumble » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:56 pm

Klomp wrote:
frumble wrote:Anyone hearing anything about Heslip getting a training camp invite, or have any thoughts on his chances?

Thanks.

Sounds like he'll be at camp. His chances for a spot will depend on what other moves are made.

He'd be a solid choice for third PG once Barea is gone. However, GR3 is ahead of him in the pecking order of guys to sign.

I'd say right noew his making the team is pretty unlikely. That could change, though.

Thanks for the info.

So they seem him as a viable PG option (rather than as a somewhat undersized SG)? He has played almost exclusively at SG for Canada's national teams the past few summers, and at Baylor.
YaleS
Sophomore
And1: 63

Post#263 » by YaleS » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:46 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:
YaleS wrote:Compound exercises/moves by definition don`t isolate muscles. Also, recovering from a workout is stressing the whole body/neurological, etc/, not only a targeted muscle, espessially when we`re not talking about the so-called bodybuilding 4 sets 20+reps for that pump.
Anyways i don`t question that the guy is a pro, it`s just that training is really studied and pretty much there is no "magic" left. Tons of people know what should be done, it`s just a matter of doing it :nod:

I know compound exercise is opposite of isolation. I'm just saying he knows which muscles to group up for maximum gains, and which to isolate. Also bigger muscles can be worked more often than smaller muscles for productive gains so I'm saying he has a bunch of exercise routines that he has that balances it out day to day.

That's somewhat true about all the research but those "ton of people" just rehash the exact same thing. 99% of those are just exercises that we all do in the gym or powerbuilding exercises that people already know of. This guy seems like he knows the muscles very specifically not only from research but from experience (since he is so massive and cut) and is doing his own thing.

I also don't think he is some general trainer who is only familiar with muscles we hear all the time like traps/two heads of biceps/Rhomboids/Teres Major/Glutes but knows the very specific muscles. Even professors say there is an uncertainty of how many muscles are in human body because it is tough to distinguish whether they say it is around 200, 300, or whichever number. With that experience of his own body, I'm sure he knows which grouping of muscles athletes should focus on and all that specific shiz that research can't tell you about. Kinda like trying to develop a preventative mouth coat for cigarettes by breaking all the materials down in a cig, but even with all the information we have about what is in it and what can act against it, it's near impossible to bring everything together cuz of all the synergy and chemical reactions.

I don't know what NBA players do to train, but I assume a vast majority just work with a normal gym. I know NFL pass rushers have very recently begun to train in martial arts to practice hand technique, strength and quickness so it seems like the unorthodox method of training for pros is going to expand.

Turns out the magic training they do is running hills, climbing robes and dragging sand bags... and he screams at them to motivate them... and he`s fired from his job. Just lol
Credit to Domejango for the info btw
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#264 » by Nitroglycerin » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:52 am

I like our depth now.
In the NBA its either you have a star or depth
I think the roster is set. And Barea,GR3 and maybe Heslip would be fighting for the last spot
I wouldnt count out the possibility of waiving Hummel
What Im intrigued about is we are playing smallball in the Big Bad West. I think we are the smallest froncourt
Trust the PRosas!
twiggy2
Rookie
And1: 417

Post#265 » by twiggy2 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:55 am

I am a raptor fan, and i am very excited for your team. I don't live in toronto so I will be watching lots of you guys on league pass when i'm not watching the raptors. I love team building, rather then going out and paying superstars.
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#266 » by big3_8_19_21 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:44 am

Hey, just thought of this! We traded away 2 white guys and a black guy for 3 black guys, plus toss in Mo Williams over JJ Barea (who is Hispanic, but looks white) and we're making some serious strides in dismantling this "whitest team since the 80s" nonsense.

This team has hope! DOWN WITH WHITIE! BLACK POWER! **** THE POLICE!
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 912

Post#267 » by Saltine » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:24 am

big3_8_19_21 wrote:Hey, just thought of this! We traded away 2 white guys and a black guy for 3 black guys, plus toss in Mo Williams over JJ Barea (who is Hispanic, but looks white) and we're making some serious strides in dismantling this "whitest team since the 80s" nonsense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_Olym ... wer_salute
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#268 » by Vindicater » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:43 am

Saltine wrote:
big3_8_19_21 wrote:Hey, just thought of this! We traded away 2 white guys and a black guy for 3 black guys, plus toss in Mo Williams over JJ Barea (who is Hispanic, but looks white) and we're making some serious strides in dismantling this "whitest team since the 80s" nonsense.

Off topic but you realise that's not a black power protest right? It is for human rights. The Australian Peter Norman was also apart of it because like the two black guys (Smith is the gold medal winner, can't remember the bronze medalist's name) he was wearing a human rights patch and spoke about human rights as well. In fact the Australian guy was not allowed to represent Australia at the next Olympics because of this.
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
YaleS
Sophomore
And1: 63

Post#269 » by YaleS » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:22 am

Nitroglycerin wrote:I like our depth now.
In the NBA its either you have a star or depth
I think the roster is set. And Barea,GR3 and maybe Heslip would be fighting for the last spot
I wouldnt count out the possibility of waiving Hummel
What Im intrigued about is we are playing smallball in the Big Bad West. I think we are the smallest froncourt

We re-signed him month ago, will look very strange if we waive him. I would prefer to cut JJ.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#270 » by southern wolf » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:14 pm

Vindicater wrote:
Saltine wrote:

Off topic but you realise that's not a black power protest right? It is for human rights. The Australian Peter Norman was also apart of it because like the two black guys (Smith is the gold medal winner, can't remember the bronze medalist's name) he was wearing a human rights patch and spoke about human rights as well. In fact the Australian guy was not allowed to represent Australia at the next Olympics because of this.

The two black guys also flew down to Australia to be pall-bearers at Norman's funeral not that long ago.
Saltine
Lead Assistant

Post#271 » by Saltine » Mon Sep 1, 2014 12:12 am

Vindicater wrote:

Yep.
That's what the link I stuck beneath the picture says.

Do you realize I linked to the explanation of the pic?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,948

Re: Post-DaD Depth Chart 

Post#272 » by Klomp » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:53 am

I wonder how fans might change their depth charts after seeing the first unofficial action of the team.

To me, the wing rotation got a whole lot tougher to figure out.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Saltine
Lead Assistant

Post#273 » by Saltine » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:36 am

Bazz is now a backup PF
Wiggy and Kmart start
Brewer and Bud back them up
Zach gets in where he can at the 1 or 2 .
?
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#274 » by FinnTheHuman » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:59 pm

Saltine wrote:Bazz is now a backup PF
Wiggy and Kmart start
Brewer and Bud back them up
Zach gets in where he can at the 1 or 2 .
?

Bazz a backup PF? Didn't watch DaD, did that really happen? I really want to see minutes for Shabazz.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#275 » by Klomp » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:57 pm

Flip has mentioned multiple times now the possibility of going small for stretches, naming guys like Muhammad and Budinger who could see action at PF. How much it happens is hard to say.

I do think after watching last night that the player who will lead the team in minutes per game at the end of the season could very well be Thaddeus Young.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#276 » by kmgarnett21 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:29 pm

In all honesty, I'd rather keep Heslip and trade/cut/amnesty Barea. Dead serious. Heslip is an assassin from beyond the arc, something we desperately need. I'd rather have a one-dimensional shooter like Heslip than hero-ball, no-hustle Barea.

Rubio/Mo/Heslip
Martin/LaVine/Bud
Wiggy/Brewer/GRIII
Young/Bazz/Bennett
Pek/Dieng/Turiaf
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#277 » by Klomp » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:34 pm

Heslip would be inactive most nights in that situation.

Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#278 » by Merc_Porto » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:44 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:In all honesty, I'd rather keep Heslip and trade/cut/amnesty Barea. Dead serious. Heslip is an assassin from beyond the arc, something we desperately need. I'd rather have a one-dimensional shooter like Heslip than hero-ball, no-hustle Barea.

Rubio/Mo/Heslip
Martin/LaVine/Bud
Wiggy/Brewer/GRIII
Young/Bazz/Bennett
Pek/Dieng/Turiaf

I like this rotacion, but i think we are also forgeting that Dieng can play at PF and Turiaf can have minutes also, and if Budinger is healthy, its going to be dificult to chose the rotacion, but Lavine also needs to play, the kid is too good to not have minutes.
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#279 » by Takingbaconback » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:59 pm

YaleS wrote:
Takingbaconback wrote:
YaleS wrote:Compound exercises/moves by definition don`t isolate muscles. Also, recovering from a workout is stressing the whole body/neurological, etc/, not only a targeted muscle, espessially when we`re not talking about the so-called bodybuilding 4 sets 20+reps for that pump.
Anyways i don`t question that the guy is a pro, it`s just that training is really studied and pretty much there is no "magic" left. Tons of people know what should be done, it`s just a matter of doing it :nod:

I know compound exercise is opposite of isolation. I'm just saying he knows which muscles to group up for maximum gains, and which to isolate. Also bigger muscles can be worked more often than smaller muscles for productive gains so I'm saying he has a bunch of exercise routines that he has that balances it out day to day.

That's somewhat true about all the research but those "ton of people" just rehash the exact same thing. 99% of those are just exercises that we all do in the gym or powerbuilding exercises that people already know of. This guy seems like he knows the muscles very specifically not only from research but from experience (since he is so massive and cut) and is doing his own thing.

I also don't think he is some general trainer who is only familiar with muscles we hear all the time like traps/two heads of biceps/Rhomboids/Teres Major/Glutes but knows the very specific muscles. Even professors say there is an uncertainty of how many muscles are in human body because it is tough to distinguish whether they say it is around 200, 300, or whichever number. With that experience of his own body, I'm sure he knows which grouping of muscles athletes should focus on and all that specific shiz that research can't tell you about. Kinda like trying to develop a preventative mouth coat for cigarettes by breaking all the materials down in a cig, but even with all the information we have about what is in it and what can act against it, it's near impossible to bring everything together cuz of all the synergy and chemical reactions.

I don't know what NBA players do to train, but I assume a vast majority just work with a normal gym. I know NFL pass rushers have very recently begun to train in martial arts to practice hand technique, strength and quickness so it seems like the unorthodox method of training for pros is going to expand.

Turns out the magic training they do is running hills, climbing robes and dragging sand bags... and he screams at them to motivate them... and he`s fired from his job. Just lol
Credit to Domejango for the info btw

Lol you know what strongmen do for training? Flip tires, walk around with heavy weight, push heavy sleds and do the simple but specific motions with heavy objects. Also all everybody does in the gym is push and pull anyways, just gotta find unorthodox ways to exert as much effort as possible.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#280 » by kmgarnett21 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:13 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
kmgarnett21 wrote:In all honesty, I'd rather keep Heslip and trade/cut/amnesty Barea. Dead serious. Heslip is an assassin from beyond the arc, something we desperately need. I'd rather have a one-dimensional shooter like Heslip than hero-ball, no-hustle Barea.

Rubio/Mo/Heslip
Martin/LaVine/Bud
Wiggy/Brewer/GRIII
Young/Bazz/Bennett
Pek/Dieng/Turiaf

I like this rotacion, but i think we are also forgeting that Dieng can play at PF and Turiaf can have minutes also, and if Budinger is healthy, its going to be dificult to chose the rotacion, but Lavine also needs to play, the kid is too good to not have minutes.

Just to be clear: what I posted is a simple depth chart....not a rotation or exactly who's going to play where all of the time.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves