Thoughts on Taylor's comments on Love

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 912

Re: Thoughts on Taylor's comments on Love 

Post#41 » by Saltine » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:41 pm

guest81 wrote:
Saltine wrote:If I was a 73 year old billionaire I wouldn't give a damn about my PR either :)

Some of you are completely delusional.

Kevin love was being paid $300,000 a week to win basketball games, by Glen Taylor. If anyone has a right to be a bit pissed at Kevin Love, for demanding a trade, especially a punk who didn't have the balls to actually pick up his phone and call him to discuss it, it's Glen.

Love will parrot whatever his agent tells him, because he's a fake, whose far more concerned with his 'brand' then being a decent guy. If you think PR and your 'brand' is more valuable then being an honest dude, you're an idiot as well. ;)

Balls, like ripping one of the hardest working players in NBA history for dogging it after you traded him? You think Glen picked up the phone and told him that personally? How about letting Rambis hang on for weeks, after everybody and their mother knew he was going to be fired, so Rambis couldn't look for another job? Granted Rambis isn't a victim, but it was a complete dick move to make.

Love earned every penny of that 300,000 check

LOL!!! Poor Rambis??? Are you high? That guy didn't earn even one paycheck, you're a funny guy.
:crazy:
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,473

Post#42 » by guest81 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:45 pm

Klomp wrote:
guest81 wrote:Balls, like ripping one of the hardest working players in NBA history for dogging it after you traded him?

:lol: Stop it! Love is not one of the hardest-working players in NBA history.

Kg was the player in question. Wasn't sure if it was sarcasm or not
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#43 » by guest81 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:46 pm

Mattya wrote:If Love was one of the hardest workers in NBA history we wouldn't have seen the defense we saw in 2012-2013 and especially the end of 2013-2014.

I remember watch Glen freaking Davis blaze past Kevin Love on the fast break in 2012-2013.

Was referring to kg
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#44 » by guest81 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:50 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Sothron wrote:No one can disagree that Taylor deserves criticism. But it also is fair to point out that Taylor did the right thing in finally firing Kahn and bringing Flip back. Kevin didn't even give Flip a chance which IMO is the main cause of vitriol from Taylor and other fans (like myself).

I don't understand why Love would be expected to wait around and see if Flip is more competent than Kahn. It's not like Flip is Phil Jackson or Greg Popovich or someone who's proven consistent success. His contract expires next year, so if he's going to look for a better situation, now is the time.

While flip might end up being a really good gm, the process of how he was hired shouldnt shouldn't of instilled any confidence in love. Its not like glen did a bunch of hard work and research in finding flip. The only reason flip was hired is because he's glens buddy. Why should that convince love that things would be any different?
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#45 » by The J Rocka » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:52 pm

Even if Glen was 'telling it like it is,' he should've just kept some of his comments to himself. I could care less about Love but the media will obviously exaggerate the comments and we'll have the reputation of 'throwing players under the bus' when they leave, even if it wasn't THAT big of a deal.
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#46 » by guest81 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:52 pm

Saltine wrote:
guest81 wrote:
Saltine wrote:If I was a 73 year old billionaire I wouldn't give a damn about my PR either :)

Some of you are completely delusional.

Kevin love was being paid $300,000 a week to win basketball games, by Glen Taylor. If anyone has a right to be a bit pissed at Kevin Love, for demanding a trade, especially a punk who didn't have the balls to actually pick up his phone and call him to discuss it, it's Glen.

Love will parrot whatever his agent tells him, because he's a fake, whose far more concerned with his 'brand' then being a decent guy. If you think PR and your 'brand' is more valuable then being an honest dude, you're an idiot as well. ;)

Balls, like ripping one of the hardest working players in NBA history for dogging it after you traded him? You think Glen picked up the phone and told him that personally? How about letting Rambis hang on for weeks, after everybody and their mother knew he was going to be fired, so Rambis couldn't look for another job? Granted Rambis isn't a victim, but it was a complete dick move to make.

Love earned every penny of that 300,000 check

LOL!!! Poor Rambis??? Are you high? That guy didn't earn even one paycheck, you're a funny guy.
:crazy:

It was poor taste to hold rambis to his contract for weeks when you knew you were going to fire him. And it was kevin love whonwas earning his paycheck not rambis
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#47 » by guest81 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:58 pm

The J Rocka wrote:Even if Glen was 'telling it like it is,' he should've just kept some of his comments to himself. I could care less about Love but the media will obviously exaggerate the comments and we'll have the reputation of 'throwing players under the bus' when they leave, even if it wasn't THAT big of a deal.

The big deal comes from the fact that its become a disturbing trend. You rip your best player in franchise history after you trade him, you rip your second best player while hes playing for you, and you rip him again as hes traded as well. If glen after ALL of this still cant learn a simple lesson, how can you ever see a championship level franchise under his leadership?
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 912

Post#48 » by Saltine » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:06 pm

If you think any of that was ripping on a dude, you've never been yelled at. I thought his comments were very mild, and fairly accurate. Beyond the foul prone remark he was spot on.

KG and Glen don't seem to have any issues between them anymore, maybe you should get over it?

Leadership? from an Owner?
LOL, where are you getting this crap from???
That's like blaming losses on the cheerleaders outfits.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#49 » by Mattya » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:10 pm

I think almost everyone agrees that Taylor shouldn't open his mouth. I think its just crazzzzy the amount of stuff I read from the Love apologists.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#50 » by Worm Guts » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:16 pm

Saltine wrote:
KG and Glen don't seem to have any issues between them anymore, maybe you should get over it?

Except for the whole KG hating him thing.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#51 » by C.lupus » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:18 pm

Saltine wrote: That's like blaming losses on the cheerleaders outfits.

Well now that you mention it, they are entirely too big. :D
YaleS
Sophomore
And1: 63

Post#52 » by YaleS » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:24 pm

C.lupus wrote:
Saltine wrote: That's like blaming losses on the cheerleaders outfits.

Well now that you mention it, they are entirely too big. :D

Our cheerleaders are ugly as hell man, if anything they have to cover up more and wear masks.
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#53 » by guest81 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:24 pm

Saltine wrote:If you think any of that was ripping on a dude, you've never been yelled at. I thought his comments were very mild, and fairly accurate. Beyond the foul prone remark he was spot on.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByICUV5qxhs[/youtube]

maybe he was referring to the cheerleaders though
IncredibleHulk
Sophomore
And1: 48

Post#54 » by IncredibleHulk » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:40 pm

guest81 wrote:
Saltine wrote:If you think any of that was ripping on a dude, you've never been yelled at. I thought his comments were very mild, and fairly accurate. Beyond the foul prone remark he was spot on.

After KG retires, I think/hope the whole KG-Taylor situation will play out like the Favre-Packers situation.

Each side takes a year or two, gets over it, and then KG's jersey is retired and he's brought into the organization in some capacity (preferably as a minority owner or something).
IncredibleHulk
Sophomore

Post#55 » by IncredibleHulk » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:46 pm

As to Taylor's comments, it would have just been nice to see him take the high road. The problem for Taylor is that it's not like he's done much to put the right people in the organization to bring this team to where everyone wants either, so it's hard to just blame Love for not taking the team to the playoffs without also blaming Taylor.

I get that Taylor is competitive and speaking his mind. However, Taylor doesn't have a lot of goodwill left with most Wolves fans (I don't think anyway) because of the last 10ish years. So him making these comments about a player he was forced to trade away is just not a good look (especially since it was done on the day they introduced Wiggins and company. Really put a damper on all that imo.).
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#56 » by guest81 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:47 pm

IncredibleHulk wrote:
guest81 wrote:

After KG retires, I think/hope the whole KG-Taylor situation will play out like the Favre-Packers situation.

Each side takes a year or two, gets over it, and then KG's jersey is retired and he's brought into the organization in some capacity (preferably as a minority owner or something).

I hope so, but its actually the complete opposite of the packer situation. The packers and fans are upset at the player, not the player mad at the franchise like KG.

Sad part is KG has mentioned he wanted to work for the Celts FO when he retired and then the Nets FO after he was traded there. KG is huge on loyalty. I don't see him coming back here unless Glen isn't a part of the team
Junior
And1: 112

Post#57 » by ... » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:49 pm

Are we still talking about this?
IncredibleHulk
Sophomore

Post#58 » by IncredibleHulk » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:50 pm

guest81 wrote:
IncredibleHulk wrote:
guest81 wrote:

I hope so, but its actually the complete opposite of the packer situation. The packers and fans are upset at the player, not the player mad at the franchise like KG.

Sad part is KG has mentioned he wanted to work for the Celts FO when he retired and then the Nets FO after he was traded there. KG is huge on loyalty. I don't see him coming back here unless Glen isn't a part of the team

Well if I remember correctly Favre wasn't too happy with the Packers front office because they wanted to move on to Rodgers and thought Favre should retire or something but Favre still wanted to play.

Flip being here will help. But you're right, KG is very big on loyalty, which is why the whole thing could be very difficult.
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#59 » by guest81 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:34 pm

... wrote:Are we still talking about this?

Glen had either Kevin Garnett or Kevin Love, two historically good players, for a total of 16 seasons. You as a franchise were only able to get out of the first round 1 time. The only constant in that 16 years has been Glen Taylor. I will talk about it until my lungs are sore because he's ruined my favorite franchise.
improvisor
Rookie
And1: 430

Post#60 » by improvisor » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:11 am

Just in Mr. Taylor just told Flip that this team will never Draft a guy named Kevin ever again!

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves