ImageImageImage

Who you think is going to be out of the rotacion ?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,948

Re: Who you think is going to be out of the rotacion ? 

Post#21 » by Klomp » Fri Oct 3, 2014 8:43 am

Saltine wrote:Bud is healthy, it's probably a mistake to think he won't be getting a lot of minutes.

He's healthy now, but it doesn't mean he'll stay that way.

Same situation as Pekovic IMO, who Saunders has already said he plans to limit the minutes of to keep him healthy.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Ice32
Analyst
And1: 47

Post#22 » by Ice32 » Fri Oct 3, 2014 10:58 am

I can see Pek not playing in some B2Bs, which is good and bad. Good for Dieng but means we may lose more games.
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#23 » by Feilong » Fri Oct 3, 2014 11:14 am

Pek will play b2b games but Flip will manage his minutes in those games. If e.g. Pek averages 28mpg then in b2b games he will probably play 46-50 mins. ~26 mins in first game, 20-22 mins in 2nd.
I hope all these precautions bring some results and Pek stays on the court for more than 75 games.
Ice32
Analyst
And1: 47

Post#24 » by Ice32 » Fri Oct 3, 2014 11:20 am

I hope you are right, but this bursa thing sounds messed up
lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Post#25 » by lobishome » Fri Oct 3, 2014 12:50 pm

I don't think Turiaf is out of the rotation. And IMO Wolves fans are underrating Hummel's role.

(At december) I can see three players out : Barea, Shabazz and maybe Lavine (hopefully no).
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#26 » by Grits n Gravy » Sat Oct 4, 2014 7:01 am

I love what i heard from Flip in the day 4 interview. Just as i suspected and said that Zach will be operating primarily as the point guard offensively when on the court with Mo Williams(Albeit I thought this would happen after all star break/acclimatizing period). Makes a lot of sense in that Mo is a good stand still spot up shooter and will be good for Zach's development to handle the ball, run an offense and push the break.

I think Hummel, Turiaf,JJ and Chase have the highest chance of being out of the rotation be it because of position clutter or team future and contract status. I think it makes the most sense for the others to play.
djeros612
Junior
And1: 83

Who you think is going to be out of the rotacion ? 

Post#27 » by djeros612 » Sat Oct 4, 2014 2:37 pm

Why do ppl post horrible rotations as if they don't know players positions ??

Pg Rubio , mo , Lavine , barea
Sg Kmart , lavine , mo , bazz ,barea
Sf wiggins , brewer , bazz , bud
Pf Thad , Bennett , dieng
C pek , dieng , turiaf

Not that complicated

There's going to be a lot of tinkering figuring out who fits with who but people putting bud at the 2 guard .. Really ? A hobbled sf playing 2guard when you just drafted Zach Lavine and been amping him up all preseason . Yeah let's take his minutes and development away so we can play a okay injury prone player out of position . Makes sense .

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#28 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Oct 4, 2014 4:29 pm

djeros612 wrote:Why do ppl post horrible rotations as if they don't know players positions ??

C pek , dieng , turiaf

Not that complicated

There's going to be a lot of tinkering figuring out who fits with who but people putting bud at the 2 guard .. Really ? A hobbled sf playing 2guard when you just drafted Zach Lavine and been amping him up all preseason . Yeah let's take his minutes and development away so we can play a okay injury prone player out of position . Makes sense .

Ok broh, you are the man .. you are the expert on this. So tell me, this mean that Bazz or Hummel can't play the position 4 ?
wildvikeswolves
Starter
And1: 577

Post#29 » by wildvikeswolves » Sat Oct 4, 2014 4:40 pm

With people saying Flip will play his guys I wanna say that Lavine and Bazz will have big roles, but it's hard to say Brewer and Chase will be left out
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#30 » by Feilong » Sat Oct 4, 2014 4:47 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
djeros612 wrote:Why do ppl post horrible rotations as if they don't know players positions ??

C pek , dieng , turiaf

Not that complicated

Ok broh, you are the man .. you are the expert on this. So tell me, this mean that Bazz or Hummel can't play the position 4 ?

Hummel can't play any position. He didn't include him at all :)
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#31 » by Nitroglycerin » Sat Oct 4, 2014 5:10 pm

there's been talks about Budinger and Bazz playing some stretch 4. We also have Brew,Wiggins and GR3 who can play the 4
That would make Hummel expendable
Trust the PRosas!
DaCode10
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#32 » by DaCode10 » Sat Oct 4, 2014 7:09 pm

C pek , dieng , turiaf

Not that complicated

This guys so smart maybe he should just be in charge of rotations for Wolves now. Since obviously the rest of us don't understand player positions. Hopefully someday we can get on his level
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#33 » by C.lupus » Sun Oct 5, 2014 1:51 pm

From a couple days ago...
“As a player, it’s your job, you determine how much you play,” Saunders said. “Your job is to… make it hard for me to determine who plays and who doesn’t. I can see, as we’re practicing right now, that I’ll play more than eight.”

The most interesting battle looks like it will be at the wing position. There are veterans like Corey Brewer, Chase Budinger and Kevin Martin. Then you throw in Mo Williams, who Saunders wants to play at the 2. Then you have the youngsters. There’s Andrew Wiggins (of course), Zach LaVine, Shabazz Muhammad, Robbie Hummel and Glenn Robinson III.

The nice things about players like Brewer, Budinger, Williams, Wiggins, LaVine, Muhammad, Hummel and Robinson III is that they can play two or more positions if needed (obviously not at the same time. That would be impressive, though).

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/trainin ... pieces-fit

Also, as a side note from that article...
Today was head trainer Gregg Farnam’s birthday. The team sang happy birthday to him. Pekovic has the voice of an angel
:lol:
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#34 » by Grits n Gravy » Sun Oct 5, 2014 10:48 pm

C.lupus wrote:From a couple days ago...
“As a player, it’s your job, you determine how much you play,” Saunders said. “Your job is to… make it hard for me to determine who plays and who doesn’t. I can see, as we’re practicing right now, that I’ll play more than eight.”

The most interesting battle looks like it will be at the wing position. There are veterans like Corey Brewer, Chase Budinger and Kevin Martin. Then you throw in Mo Williams, who Saunders wants to play at the 2. Then you have the youngsters. There’s Andrew Wiggins (of course), Zach LaVine, Shabazz Muhammad, Robbie Hummel and Glenn Robinson III.

The nice things about players like Brewer, Budinger, Williams, Wiggins, LaVine, Muhammad, Hummel and Robinson III is that they can play two or more positions if needed (obviously not at the same time. That would be impressive, though).

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/trainin ... pieces-fit

Also, as a side note from that article...
Today was head trainer Gregg Farnam’s birthday. The team sang happy birthday to him. Pekovic has the voice of an angel

The voice of a hells angel. :evil:
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#35 » by LibertyPrime » Mon Oct 6, 2014 7:15 am

Note30 wrote:Feel like a better question would be who's gonna be off the team soon.

Oof, yeah. Fesenko and Heslip would seem to be the obvious choices....we have three more established PGs in front of Heslip (unless Flip's mad plan to play Mo Williams at the 2 is a real thing) and three more established centers in front of Fesenko.
"The last domino falls here!"
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#36 » by LibertyPrime » Mon Oct 6, 2014 7:16 am

C.lupus wrote:

"The last domino falls here!"
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by Klomp » Mon Oct 6, 2014 7:40 am

LibertyPrime wrote:(unless Flip's mad plan to play Mo Williams at the 2 is a real thing)

The "Mo at 2" bit is overblown IMO. It's coming from a question Flip was asked a few days ago about who would handle the ball when Mo and Zach are on the floor together.

"Because of Zach's ability to push in the open floor and create, and Mo's ability to knock down shots, Zach would probably be more of the primary ballhandler."
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

breatnach
Starter
And1: 826

Post#38 » by breatnach » Wed Oct 8, 2014 11:01 am

I somehow don't see Barea being bought out after playing today.

Why wouldn't they cut him loose before he gets to know everyone on the team and takes away playing time (even though it's only pre-season!) from others who will be a part of the rotation?

Best case scenario we can dump him at the deadline, but if he were to be bought out, it would have happened in the off and not pre season.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#39 » by Merc_Porto » Wed Oct 8, 2014 12:08 pm

how much will cost us to Cut him out (JJ.Barea) ?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by Klomp » Wed Oct 8, 2014 5:38 pm

breatnach wrote:I somehow don't see Barea being bought out after playing today.

Why wouldn't they cut him loose before he gets to know everyone on the team and takes away playing time (even though it's only pre-season!) from others who will be a part of the rotation?

Best case scenario we can dump him at the deadline, but if he were to be bought out, it would have happened in the off and not pre season.

By that logic, I guess we won't be cutting Fesenko or Heslip since they both took minutes from others last night, too.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves