Post#321 » by Streakers33 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:56 pm

It was interesting. Wow. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,530

Re: The Andrew Wiggins Thread 

Post#322 » by Note30 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:04 am

Esohny wrote:A very...interesting...thread about Wiggins from the Raptors board.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1364108

They can all suck a **** as far as getting Wiggins is concerned.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#323 » by King Malta » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:32 am

Let them believe it'll happen. Will just make it funnier when it doesn't.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#324 » by Esohny » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:04 am

Note30 wrote:They can all suck a **** as far as getting Wiggins is concerned.

King Malta wrote:Let them believe it'll happen. Will just make it funnier when it doesn't.

Well, the wishful thinking posts aside, my reaction to a bunch of the other discussion in there ranged from "Interesting point" to "Wow, that's Zgoda level stupid."
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
ace625214
Bench Warmer
And1: 604

Post#325 » by ace625214 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:02 am

The couple Raptors fans that venture over here occasionally seem to be pretty good, but holy **** that thread is full of idiots. I can't believe they actually believe in what they are saying.
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#326 » by Note30 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:40 am

ace625214 wrote:The couple Raptors fans that venture over here occasionally seem to be pretty good, but holy **** that thread is full of idiots. I can't believe they actually believe in what they are saying.

What can you expect, they come from the same city as Drake and Beiber. Jesus I thought Laker fans were delusional, but compared to them Lala land seems tame.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#327 » by Narf » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:46 am

Note30 wrote:Jesus I thought Laker fans were delusional, but compared to them Lala land seems tame.

No. Just no. Lakers fans win the stupid contest.
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#328 » by Note30 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:44 am

Narf wrote:
Note30 wrote:Jesus I thought Laker fans were delusional, but compared to them Lala land seems tame.

Probably due to the vast numbers. That thread really got on my nerves.

Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#329 » by Kabookalu » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:41 pm

Note30 wrote:
Narf wrote:

Probably due to the vast numbers. That thread really got on my nerves.

Hey man we're not all like that lol, I don't think Wiggins is the type to do that. He's the most respectful superstar prospect we've had in such a long time. Once he gets accustomed to the Wolves organization he's going to be unrelentingly loyal to you guys. At this very moment Wiggins probably does want to play for Toronto, but years from now when he builds that rapport with the organization and fans then he's going to see Minnesota as his new home.
Read on Twitter
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#330 » by Feilong » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:23 pm

Choker wrote:Hey man we're not all like that lol, I don't think Wiggins is the type to do that. He's the most respectful superstar prospect we've had in such a long time. Once he gets accustomed to the Wolves organization he's going to be unrelentingly loyal to you guys. At this very moment Wiggins probably does want to play for Toronto, but years from now when he builds that rapport with the organization and fans then he's going to see Minnesota as his new home.

We like Toronto a lot. We know you want your boy back home and we will happily help you.
We will give him to you and the best part is, we want nothing in return. The former no1 pick for free.
Just tell us when you want him and Bennett is all yours. :)
Narf
Head Coach

Post#331 » by Narf » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:33 pm

Choker wrote:Hey man we're not all like that lol, I don't think Wiggins is the type to do that. He's the most respectful superstar prospect we've had in such a long time. Once he gets accustomed to the Wolves organization he's going to be unrelentingly loyal to you guys. At this very moment Wiggins probably does want to play for Toronto, but years from now when he builds that rapport with the organization and fans then he's going to see Minnesota as his new home.

No one thinks all or even most Toronto fans (or Lakers fans) are like that. It's just one instance of a lot of bad comments collecting together. And when reasonable posts were made (like the actual cost of trading for Wiggins) those people were "downvoted", no offense.
Zeitgeister
General Manager
And1: 5,850

Post#332 » by Zeitgeister » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:02 pm

I actually enjoyed reading the thread. I like reading other people fawning over one of our players. LOL I can't really blame them for wanting Wiggins to play for their team either, I don't really get why people would be so upset by that.
Lenin wrote: All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake "public opinion" for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#333 » by C.lupus » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:21 pm

Zeitgeister wrote:I actually enjoyed reading the thread. I like reading other people fawning over one of our players. LOL I can't really blame them for wanting Wiggins to play for their team either, I don't really get why people would be so upset by that.

It doesn't bother me, either. The Lakers stuff with Love was more irritating because most of it was coming from a place of arrogance (it's the Lakers, of course everyone wants to play here). This is just amusing to me considering he won't even be available to them for 8 years if he pans out like expected.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#334 » by Esohny » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:18 pm

C.lupus wrote:
Zeitgeister wrote:I actually enjoyed reading the thread. I like reading other people fawning over one of our players. LOL I can't really blame them for wanting Wiggins to play for their team either, I don't really get why people would be so upset by that.

It doesn't bother me, either. The Lakers stuff with Love was more irritating because most of it was coming from a place of arrogance (it's the Lakers, of course everyone wants to play here). This is just amusing to me considering he won't even be available to them for 8 years if he pans out like expected.

Oh, that thread has lots of other things going for it besides the future Wiggins plans.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#335 » by C.lupus » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:20 pm

Guess I should read through it, then. :wink: Didn't feel like reading 18 pages last night.
ace625214
Bench Warmer

Post#336 » by ace625214 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:08 pm

One of the things that bothered me in that thread was when someone said the trade would have to be something like Lowry/Derozan for Rubio/Wiggins, and he got piled on and ridiculed like that was ridiculous. I get that each groups of fans values their own players more, but come on.
ace625214
Bench Warmer

Post#337 » by ace625214 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:10 pm

C.lupus wrote:

There was quite a bit of arrogance in that thread. Guys talking about how Wiggins will develop into a star in 4 years, refuse to sign with Minnesota because obviously everyone hates it there, and then go to the Raptors after his QO or on a S&T. They consider it a done deal that Wiggins and other Canadians will sacrifice everything just to play for Toronto.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#338 » by Merc_Porto » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:11 pm

I remember a lot of others teams fans saying the same stuff about us (Wolves fans) about the K.Love situacion.

About the Raptors Fans talking about Wiggins its nothing compared with the same Raptors fans in the begining of the season when they were the best team league in the league.

They really tought they were win the East easly. Special after the win in Cleveland.
Narf
Head Coach

Post#339 » by Narf » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:32 pm

ace625214 wrote:One of the things that bothered me in that thread was when someone said the trade would have to be something like Lowry/Derozan for Rubio/Wiggins, and he got piled on and ridiculed like that was ridiculous. I get that each groups of fans values their own players more, but come on.

I Just +1 the post on what it'd take to get him. No need to comment, but it gives them an idea that others agree with his reasonable player valuation.
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#340 » by Note30 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:32 pm

mercgold3 wrote:I remember a lot of others teams fans saying the same stuff about us (Wolves fans) about the K.Love situacion.

About the Raptors Fans talking about Wiggins its nothing compared with the same Raptors fans in the begining of the season when they were the best team league in the league.

They really tought they were win the East easly. Special after the win in Cleveland.

LOL you should see the Warriors board. They think they float/levitate over everyone else.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves