ImageImageImage

Corey brewer ?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

djeros612
Junior
And1: 83

Corey brewer ?  

Post#1 » by djeros612 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:34 pm

Was Corey brewer a bust in your eyes ? For wolves fans that been around since we drafted him .

He's actually had a quietly very successful career .

I'd say yes from the perspective that we didn't initially get what we wanted from him and then I'd say no because he does have some accomplishments that are not easy to come by to say the least .

He's kinda had a bizarre career

The guy under the bridge .
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,947

Re: Corey brewer ? 

Post#2 » by Klomp » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:40 pm

He's the same player he's always been...an energy guy on both sides of the ball. The coaching staff wanted him to be a go-to scoring option his first time here, which he is not.

The role he's in now is perfect for him.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#3 » by urinesane » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:42 pm

Not a bust.

He doesn't control his draft spot and he has improved a lot from when he was drafted.

Derrick Williams on the other hand....
djeros612
Junior

Post#4 » by djeros612 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:47 pm

Klomp wrote:He's the same player he's always been...an energy guy on both sides of the ball. The coaching staff wanted him to be a go-to scoring option his first time here, which he is not.

The role he's in now is perfect for him.

Agreed , kinda upsets me when people are throwing him in trades as if the wolves want to get rid of him for a 2nd rounder or players we will end up cutting . As if cb is just dead weight .

He's an experienced nba vet who is also an nba champion that understands team basketball and sticks to his role .

Also the dunk over Derrick fisher will always remain one the greatest dunks I've seen.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Klomp » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:47 pm

The other thing you have to consider is the rest of the draft class. Here's who was taken after him in the next 10 picks.

8. Brandan Wright
9. Joakim Noah
10. Spencer Hawes
11. Acie Law
12. Thaddeus Young
13. Julian Wright
14. Al Thornton
15. Rodney Stuckey
16. Nick Young
17. Sean Williams

Noah is the only player I would take over Brewer.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

prefuse73
Sixth Man
And1: 44

Post#6 » by prefuse73 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:48 pm

never a bust just took some time to set expectations correctly. agreed though.. strange career arc.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,246

Post#7 » by Murphs56 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:50 pm

Brewer is what he is, He's sometimes out of control and makes dumb plays, but he always plays hard, is pretty good on the defensive end and great in the transition game. He should be a great mentor for Wiggins with how hard he plays
djeros612
Junior

Post#8 » by djeros612 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:51 pm

urinesane wrote:Not a bust.

He doesn't control his draft spot and he has improved a lot from when he was drafted.

Man , I was actually on the lets draft dwill bandwagon , that dude just isn't and will never be the player I thought he could've been .

Pretty bad to say but I think b-easy is more talented then him and well he's playing in China this year .

theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#9 » by theGreatRC » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:11 pm

Klomp wrote:The other thing you have to consider is the rest of the draft class. Here's who was taken after him in the next 10 picks.

8. Brandan Wright
9. Joakim Noah
10. Spencer Hawes
11. Acie Law
12. Thaddeus Young
13. Julian Wright
14. Al Thornton
15. Rodney Stuckey
16. Nick Young
17. Sean Williams

Thad?
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Ice32
Analyst
And1: 47

Post#10 » by Ice32 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:13 pm

Brewer essentially has had 2 NBA careers within one:

His first career - involved being drafted by a team with no identity (KG traded). Year 2 ACL. Year 3 Kurt Rambis made him a go-to scoring option (not ideal). Yr 4 traded to NY, cut by NY, turns to number 13.

His second career - Dallas give him 3 yr deal. Sits on bench and learns about professionalism and patience. Wins a ring. Traded on Draft Day to Denver. George Karl just lets him play in the up tempo offense. Has 2 great years in Denver, goes to Playoffs. 'Sota resigns a smarter/better Brewer. Last season sets career high in mins, FG%, stls, top 5 in fast break scoring, scores 51 vs Rockets.

Brewer is not a bust, or dead weight. The guy was maybe drafted by the wrong team? 4 coaches in his first 4 years is crazy, plus the ACL, and the constant losing. Going to Dallas helped him mentally and professionally. I wouldn't be surprised if he is a 6MOY contender this season. The fans should be happy with the Brewer of today, he has come a long way.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Klomp » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:15 pm

theGreatRC wrote:Thad?

I think they are on par. Certainly not a definite advantage.

urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#12 » by urinesane » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:23 pm

djeros612 wrote:

Man , I was actually on the lets draft dwill bandwagon , that dude just isn't and will never be the player I thought he could've been .

Pretty bad to say but I think b-easy is more talented then him and well he's playing in China this year .

I was totally against the DWill pick, I didn't like how he would slack off on getting back on defense if he missed a shot or thought he was fouled. It bugged me in predraft and made it's way over to his pro game unfortunately. Also only really having 1 standout year as a player was kind of worrying for a #2 pick.

Though my plan wasn't a homerun either as it turns out, I wanted to trade down for two picks and take Biyombo and Marshon Brooks. Though I still would have rather seen them try and make it with the Wolves over DWill.
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#13 » by LibertyPrime » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:59 pm

Klomp wrote:The other thing you have to consider is the rest of the draft class. Here's who was taken after him in the next 10 picks.

8. Brandan Wright
9. Joakim Noah
10. Spencer Hawes
11. Acie Law
12. Thaddeus Young
13. Julian Wright
14. Al Thornton
15. Rodney Stuckey
16. Nick Young
17. Sean Williams

I'd seriously consider Thad Young too, but your point is still valid. There wasn't a deep pool of quality players after that.

Brewer is what he is - a decent defender and energy guy who is not a great long-range shooter and who gambles too much on D some times. That doesn't mean he's a bust, just not a superstar. I'm a fan of Brewer and I'm glad he's on the team.
"The last domino falls here!"
djeros612
Junior

Post#14 » by djeros612 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:32 am

urinesane wrote:
djeros612 wrote:

I was totally against the DWill pick, I didn't like how he would slack off on getting back on defense if he missed a shot or thought he was fouled. It bugged me in predraft and made it's way over to his pro game unfortunately. Also only really having 1 standout year as a player was kind of worrying for a #2 pick.

Though my plan wasn't a homerun either as it turns out, I wanted to trade down for two picks and take Biyombo and Marshon Brooks. Though I still would have rather seen them try and make it with the Wolves over DWill.

I didn't watch dwill play at the time I was going completely off stats and YouTube highlights at that time .

His main problem to me is his slow release making it hard for him to get open shots and when going to the hole he isn't quick enough to go around people he ends up driving right into a guy resulting in a charge . And then he just also has a low work ethic .

Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#15 » by Worm Guts » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:07 pm

Klomp wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:Thad?

I think they are on par. Certainly not a definite advantage.

I think Thad is pretty clearly ahead of Brewer.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#16 » by RSCD3_ » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:29 pm

Zach Lowe recently mentioned in an article that Cleveland may try to trade the Keith Bogans TPE for one more decent wing and said Minnesota is a likely candidate because of their surplus of wing players specifically mentioning brewer or Budinger

What would it take if anything else to get either Corey brewer or Chase Budinger

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Klomp » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:36 pm

RSCD3_ wrote:Zach Lowe recently mentioned in an article that Cleveland may try to trade the Keith Bogans TPE for one more decent wing and said Minnesota is a likely candidate because of their surplus of wing players specifically mentioning brewer or Budinger

What would it take if anything else to get either Corey brewer or Chase Budinger

Not much more if Budinger, but something decent if Brewer.

RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#18 » by RSCD3_ » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:48 pm

Klomp wrote:
RSCD3_ wrote:Zach Lowe recently mentioned in an article that Cleveland may try to trade the Keith Bogans TPE for one more decent wing and said Minnesota is a likely candidate because of their surplus of wing players specifically mentioning brewer or Budinger

Not much more if Budinger, but something decent if Brewer.

What are Budinger's strengths If he is healthy I've heard he's a good shooter and decent on D and athletic before his injury

What else can you tell me about him?

I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
gold0259
Sixth Man
And1: 65

Post#19 » by gold0259 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:32 pm

Wasn't one of the main reasons we drafted him was because he was always a "winner" on the Team he played for in College?
CBrew does have a Ring though.
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#20 » by LibertyPrime » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:12 am

RSCD3_ wrote:What are Budinger's strengths If he is healthy I've heard he's a good shooter and decent on D and athletic before his injury

What else can you tell me about him?

It's really hard to say. He had a good start with us after the trade but got hurt early, and looked pretty lousy in his return last year. I'm not sure he'll return to form.

How do you feel about Bazz?
"The last domino falls here!"

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves