ImageImageImage

Who would you trade? Bud or Brewer. Poll inside.

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Who would you trade ?

Bud
31%
Brewer
69%

Total votes: 49

the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

Re: Who would you trade? Bud or Brewer. Poll inside. 

Post#41 » by the_bruce » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:13 pm

Both these guys are semi useful compared to what we would get back in a trade. Cut hummel, open a space for gr3. Hold onto jjbs contract and maybe we can flip jj + one of our spares for a better fitting part before trade deadline.
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,030

Post#42 » by mg » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:46 pm

Assuming Wiggins is the future 'franchise player' then Bud is the better compliment to him. Therefore deal Brew. Truth is neither Bud nor Brew is really necessary considering Flip needs to find minutes for so many wings on this team. Unfortunately don't see a huge market for either one.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#43 » by Worm Guts » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:58 pm

One thing to consider is that Young can play some minutes at SF too, if needed.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#44 » by Merc_Porto » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:04 pm

Worm Guts wrote:One thing to consider is that Young can play some minutes at SF too, if needed.

Yes, and that is why i think we should try everything to get T.Gibson. The relation between Chicago and Taj doesn't look good right now ...

Sent from my HUAWEI Y530-U00 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#45 » by Worm Guts » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:11 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:One thing to consider is that Young can play some minutes at SF too, if needed.

Yes, and that is why i think we should try everything to get T.Gibson. The relation between Chicago and Taj doesn't look good right now ...

It would definitely make our team better, but we'd have to get him for cheap for it to make sense.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#46 » by Merc_Porto » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:21 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:

It would definitely make our team better, but we'd have to get him for cheap for it to make sense.

Yeah, maybe C.Brewer + Turiaf, or Martin + Turiaf they need wing depht, they also need a backup center. But that provaly inst't enough to get him.

Noah / Turiaf (Gasol)
Gasol / Mirotic

Wolf_Cry
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,378

Post#47 » by Wolf_Cry » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:31 am

Ice32 wrote:
Wolf_Cry wrote:
Ice32 wrote:I cant help but smile when I see that video - the guy is a winner on all levels. People here are quick to forget what Brewer did last year, he has improved a lot. Go back 5 years to his ACL injury, and he has missed almost zero games because of injury - the ones he has missed have been for personal reasons. For all the downfalls he has, Brewer just plays to win and plays hard - you cant replace that attitude/presence on a young team.

I wouldn't say he's a winner on all levels. He won in college, but that was due to a stacked team. Won a ring in Dallas riding the bench. Prior to that he was below average in MN. Back here in MN, he's proving to be JUST AVERAGE. I do like the attitude and hustle, but for that he should be making 1/2 his current salary.

Man, he was instrumental in the 2 Gators Chips - was a huge part of the Big 3 with Noah and Horford, who else from that squad made it to the NBA??

In Dallas, sure he didnt play a lot - but ask any Maverick fan - he was huge in that GM 1 vs Lakers.

Brewers problem was he was drafted too high by Minnesota, then Garnett gets traded, and its rebuild. 4 coaches in his first 4 years and an ACL - yeah he was pretty average. Now, he's much more improved and worth every dollar he earns - he has played 97% of his games the last 3 years! Chase has played 53% of his games and gets paid more. Id keep a healthy Brewer over an injury riddled Chase any day.

I dunno about you, but Noah and Horford are both all stars in the NBA. I'd call that a stack team. He played a role for sure, but again, stacked team, and he caught fire. I think most didn't even have him drafted top 13 until after the tournament. And no, he made no contributions to that Dallas run. He played a total of 23 minutes and scored 9 points.

My question is, what exactly does Brewer do well? I can think of 3 things. 1.) He's a decent man to man defender. 2.) Gets steals, although gambles a lot. 3.) Getting easy buckets in transition.

His handles are still as bad as when he came into the league. His shooting is inconsistent, although slightly improved. The guy can catch fire on very rare nights. Still plays out of control offensively.

As for Chase, tough to argue against his injury woes. He's been hurt every year he's been in the NBA it seems. If he was healthy, I'd take him. That said, even if he was injured...oh well it opens up room for the younger guys anyways! Better than having to tell Brewer we're benching him or that we're obligated to play him over the younger guys.
Wolf_Cry
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,378

Post#48 » by Wolf_Cry » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:37 am

Klomp wrote:
Wolf_Cry wrote:He won in college, but that was due to a stacked team.

You don't win Final Four Most Oustanding Player just by being on a stacked team.

He caught fire that tournament. And he still won because he had a stacked team (two NBA all bigs). Okay I'll give him his collegiate props, but here in the NBA he's yet to show he's anything more than a 8-9th guy. And if you think otherwise (like freaking MN, TWICE), your team remains at the bottom.

I appreciate Brewer and what he brings. I just think he should not be starting. Should not be a 6th man. Should be a deep rotational guy, and should be getting paid 1/2 of what he's worth.

As for Chase, IF he's healthy, he's not worth his salary even so, but at least he offers the team more with his style of play.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,947

Post#49 » by Klomp » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:15 am

At this point, I don't think its wise to trade either one of them. Wait for the trade deadline, at the earliest.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#50 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:46 am

I voted for Brewer. This team get enough steals without him, so not sure what he brings outside of that. Defense is severely overrated and his offense it very limited ( not a threat from outside at all). I hope he opts out next summer making more room for our young SFs.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#51 » by Krapinsky » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:13 pm

I think Brewer fits the teams 'identity' that Flip has created and so I don't think he'll be traded at least until Wiggins shows he's ready to play 35 minutes a game.

My thinking is that the teams preseason performance will convince Flip to keep his vets and he'll look to dump GR III.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Who would you trade? Bud or Brewer. Poll inside. 

Post#52 » by RSCD3_ » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:41 pm

Id keep them both and play the rookies Wiggins about 25-30 MPG and LaVine 10-15 each. Their both pretty raw and Rubio, Barea should play the most of the PG slot.

Mo Williams should play as the 5th guard who comes in only when there's a blowout.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#53 » by Worm Guts » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:06 pm

RSCD3_ wrote:Id keep them both and play the rookies Wiggins about 25-30 MPG and LaVine 10-15 each. Their both pretty raw and Rubio, Barea should play the most of the PG slot.

Mo Williams should play as the 5th guard who comes in only when there's a blowout.

You're forgetting Kevin Martin and Barea isn't playing over Williams.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,106

Post#54 » by Kilo » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:28 pm

My bad, confused Hummel with Heslip.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#55 » by RSCD3_ » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:32 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
RSCD3_ wrote:Id keep them both and play the rookies Wiggins about 25-30 MPG and LaVine 10-15 each. Their both pretty raw and Rubio, Barea should play the most of the PG slot.

You're forgetting Kevin Martin and Barea isn't playing over Williams.

Martin is the person I would trade

I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#56 » by Narf » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:36 pm

I'd trade Brewer because I think he nets a better return by a lot.

And Bud, if he's healthy mid-season, should net more then.
PZiv
Veteran
And1: 828

Post#57 » by PZiv » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:31 am

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ot3rkxj
(disclaimer: trade works without Austin Rivers, I only moved him in, cause I dont see NO missing an opportunity to keep its "first round pick" around anymore)
We test our luck with Gordon, and permanently send Rivers to DLeague or just tell him to bugger off.

Minnesota:
Rubio/Mo/Lavine
Gordon/Budinger/GR3(LaVine)
Wiggins/Shabazz/(GR3)/(Budinger)
Young/Bennett
Pekovic/Dieng/Turiaf
Most likely in Dleague: LaVine, GR3 and Rivers(without any hope of seeing light)

NO:
Holiday/Barea/Fredette
Martin/Evans/
Brewer/Salmons/Babbitt/Miller
Davis/Anderson/Young
Asik/Ajunca/Withey
dunno who will they send to the Dleague or who is going to be waived there.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 693

Post#58 » by karch34 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:07 am

Based on the question, I voted Brewer. I think last nights game showed the difference (when healthy) between the two of them. Bud was way better and I think his defense was fine.

Corey brings a lot of energy and is a good person and teammate, but I think his defense is overrated due to the energy he expends and his offense is still out of control. I think Chase is just as good of a lock room guy and brings a better understanding of the game.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,530

Post#59 » by Note30 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:15 am

PZiv wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ot3rkxj
(disclaimer: trade works without Austin Rivers, I only moved him in, cause I dont see NO missing an opportunity to keep its "first round pick" around anymore)
We test our luck with Gordon, and permanently send Rivers to DLeague or just tell him to bugger off.

Minnesota:
Rubio/Mo/Lavine
Gordon/Budinger/GR3(LaVine)
Wiggins/Shabazz/(GR3)/(Budinger)
Young/Bennett
Pekovic/Dieng/Turiaf
Most likely in Dleague: LaVine, GR3 and Rivers(without any hope of seeing light)

NO:
Holiday/Barea/Fredette
Martin/Evans/
Brewer/Salmons/Babbitt/Miller
Davis/Anderson/Young
Asik/Ajunca/Withey
dunno who will they send to the Dleague or who is going to be waived there.

Gordon s kicker makes him worth 17.5 mill... that's a frightful amount for someone who ain't healthy. and its not like buds thw poster boy for great knees either. you sure 22 mill in capspace should be given to players who are always injured??

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
djeros612
Junior
And1: 83

Post#60 » by djeros612 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:24 am

Trade the dependable guy who has a similar skill set as a younger player he can mentor

Or

Trade somebody who basically been injured since he was on the wolves and has a skill set that we need yet is pretty available through free agency or the draft.

I like bud , and I like brewer .

I'd keep both and shop jj and Hummel .

If bud is healthy he is still a net loss to me , but I don't see him as a negative player to our team , brewer is severely underrated as a mentor and a solid nba player .

I'd see what kind of draft pics and cap I could clear with jj and Hummel before I'd touch cbrew or bud .

If only Hummel could do the one thing we want him to be able to do (space the floor and hit shots) too bad he can't and there's absolutely no reason he's shown me for him to be in the nba . Sorry but if your role is a spot up shooter you have to be able to shoot I was really hoping he was going to be able to be a stretch 4 that could shoot threes at a reasonable clip and rebound .

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves