ImageImageImage

15 man roster is now set - whats the rotation for Game 1?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Ice32
Analyst
And1: 47

15 man roster is now set - whats the rotation for Game 1? 

Post#1 » by Ice32 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:43 pm

With Heslip and JJ now gone, the Wolves have a 15 man roster set. With Game 1 vs Memphis just 3 days away, who will Flip set for his active 13 man roster and who is missing out? My guess:

PG - Rubio/Mo
SG - Martin/Chase
SF - Wiggins/Brewer
PF - Thad/Bennett
C - Pek/Dieng

Turiaf, Hummel, Bazz round out the bench

GR3, LaVine in street clothes - I think we will see this roster until an injury occurs, or the losses start piling up and trades are made.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Re: 15 man roster is now set - whats the rotation for Game 1 

Post#2 » by Merc_Porto » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:50 pm

Rubio / Mo
Martin / Bazz / Bud
Wiggins / Brewer / Bud
T.Young / A.Benett
Pek / Dieng

11 Man rotacion.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y530-U00 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,945

Post#3 » by Klomp » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:53 pm

Ice32 wrote:GR3, LaVine in street clothes - I think we will see this roster until an injury occurs, or the losses start piling up and trades are made.

After Rubio and Williams, LaVine is the only player who can passably play point guard. If there's an injury or foul trouble and LaVine is in street clothes, who do you put out there?

Robinson is guaranteed to be in street clothes most nights, especially early in the season. The other guy will probably be either Hummel or Turiaf, depending on if we need more size or shooting in the lineup against certain teams. Probably Hummel, since we don't have anyone else who could pass as a center beyond Pekovic and Dieng.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Ice32
Analyst

Post#4 » by Ice32 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:55 pm

I think there may be some games where Chase and Bazz dont get much playing time, if any at all - depending on match ups and if Wiggins/Brewer are in foul trouble.

For the bench, I can see Mo, Dieng and Brew getting 20+ mpg, with Chase, Bennett, Bazz getting 10-15 mpg initially.
Ice32
Analyst

Post#5 » by Ice32 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:58 pm

Klomp wrote:
Ice32 wrote:GR3, LaVine in street clothes - I think we will see this roster until an injury occurs, or the losses start piling up and trades are made.

After Rubio and Williams, LaVine is the only player who can passably play point guard. If there's an injury or foul trouble and LaVine is in street clothes, who do you put out there?

Robinson is guaranteed to be in street clothes most nights, especially early in the season. The other guy will probably be either Hummel or Turiaf, depending on if we need more size or shooting in the lineup against certain teams. Probably Hummel, since we don't have anyone else who could pass as a center beyond Pekovic and Dieng.

No way Flip throws LaVine in this early to play any PG - his time there in PS was scary. I think Martin would get mins at PG ahead of LaVine, if there was foul trouble for Rubio/Mo.

Turiaf is needed on the bench, especially against the likes of Memphis where they have big bodies. I think Hummel gets the edge over LaVine also, because he can play the stretch 4 role.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Klomp » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:15 pm

Ice32 wrote:I think Hummel gets the edge over LaVine also, because he can play the stretch 4 role.

We have plenty of guys who can play PF for stretches if something happens to Young or Bennett: Muhammad, Dieng, Turiaf, Budinger, Wiggins
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

TaylorTag
Rookie
And1: 376

Post#7 » by TaylorTag » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:35 pm

Klomp wrote:
Ice32 wrote:I think Hummel gets the edge over LaVine also, because he can play the stretch 4 role.

We have plenty of guys who can play PF for stretches if something happens to Young or Bennett: Muhammad, Dieng, Turiaf, Budinger, Wiggins

I agree with this.. How many minutes each guy gets doesn't interest me much. I'm just intrigued with the lineups.

A lineup with Mo Williams/Chase/Wiggens/Bennet/Deing would be so clean. I think Wiggins will definitely start and Brewer will come off the bench. Young and Bennet could see the same minutes if Bennet starts hot and continues his upward trend. Deing will definitely see time and players like Shabazz and LaVine will be sprinkled in.

I agree with the FiveSixtyThree prediction and can see the team winning around 35 games. It all depends on Rubio
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#8 » by Foye » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:39 pm

I have no idea why Hummel is still on the roster. We should probably get rid of him and sign a 3rd PG for the vet minimum now that Barea is gone.
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#9 » by Nitroglycerin » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:47 pm

Foye wrote:I have no idea why Hummel is still on the roster. We should probably get rid of him and sign a 3rd PG for the vet minimum now that Barea is gone.

I think he's a placeholder for Bjelica
Trust the PRosas!
TaylorTag
Rookie
And1: 376

Post#10 » by TaylorTag » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:50 pm

Foye wrote:I have no idea why Hummel is still on the roster. We should probably get rid of him and sign a 3rd PG for the vet minimum now that Barea is gone.

I would be down for that. If either Young or Bennet get hurt, we have players like Shabazz/Deing/Chase that can put in some makeshift minutes.

We are pretty thin as far as depth at PG
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#11 » by Mamba4Goat » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:57 pm

Nitroglycerin wrote:

Who??

Also, how much time do you guys see LaVine, GRIII, and Bazz playing in the D League for this season?
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,967

Post#12 » by Domejandro » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:04 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:
Nitroglycerin wrote:

Who??

Also, how much time do you guys see LaVine, GRIII, and Bazz playing in the D League for this season?

Bjelica is a Serbian who played pretty damn well against the US in the Olympics. We have had his rights for about 5 years now, but it is looking like we may actually sign him.

LaVine and Glenn Robinson will likely see D-League. Shabazz may, but I actually think we keep him on the roster.
Nitroglycerin
Starter

Post#13 » by Nitroglycerin » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:04 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:
Nitroglycerin wrote:

Who??

He's our draft pick playing in Europe. Nemanja Bjelica. You'll recognize him in the USA vs Serbia game :-D He changed to a US based agent.
We all think he wants to play in the NBA next season and Flip might sign him
GR3 will spend time in Dleague barring injuries. Lavine also if the vets are playing good. I think Bazz we'll be part of the rotation
But its tricky because there are 17 teams including us sharing 1 Dleague team
Trust the PRosas!
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#14 » by Mamba4Goat » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:08 am

What position does Bjelica play? I watched a few of Serbia's games, but I can't quite remember him.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Klomp » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:11 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:What position does Bjelica play? I watched a few of Serbia's games, but I can't quite remember him.

He'll probably be an NBA power forward.

Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#16 » by Domejandro » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:14 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:What position does Bjelica play? I watched a few of Serbia's games, but I can't quite remember him.

He is their combo forward who generally handles the ball for them. Your typical "Point-Forward" so to say. He is 2.1 meters tall (just over 6'10"), but knows how to dribble well. Would likely play power forward in the NBA. Really thin, so he will get abused, but he is quite intriguing as a bench piece.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#17 » by Mamba4Goat » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:16 am

Domejandro wrote:

He is their combo forward who generally handles the ball for them. Your typical "Point-Forward" so to say. He is 2.1 meters tall (just over 6'10"), but knows how to dribble well. Would likely play power forward in the NBA. Really thin, so he will get abused, but he is quite intriguing as a bench piece.

So...he's kinda a Hedo type player?
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#18 » by Domejandro » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:19 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:
Domejandro wrote:

So...he's kinda a Hedo type player?

Yep, a half dead, homeless version of Turkoglu, haha. Same kind of game, but not quite the shooter, nor quite as talented.

Edit in, he is also 26, so he is what he is. He may come to the NBA and be massively overmatched and then he will go back overseas. Our hope is that he can become our third string combo-forward.
Nitroglycerin
Starter

Post#19 » by Nitroglycerin » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:47 am

Rubio/Mo/Lavine
Martin/Bud/Bazz
Wiggins/Brewer
Thad/Bennett
Pek/Dieng/Turiaf
Hummel and GR3 as inactive
Trust the PRosas!
PZiv
Veteran
And1: 828

Post#20 » by PZiv » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:52 am

I think Bjelica will have a bit SF minutes. If we bring him next season instead of Hummel.
Here's shortest glimpse that explains a lot of game qualities: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPu7zrM7B6Q

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves