ImageImageImage

You think Love is missing Ricky yet?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,473

Re: You think Love is missing Ricky yet? 

Post#81 » by guest81 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:47 pm

Narf wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:I don't think it's trolling, there's lots of people with similar opinions. I don't they're right, but that doesn't mean it's not their legitimate take.

It's the way he goes about it that makes me think that. He's baiting IMHO, but doing it subtly. Could be wrong.

Baiting how? It'd be nice to have actual debates about players instead of just calling them out with name calling. Just because Rubio plays for your team doesn't mean you can't acknowledge their faults. It's not like Rubio being considered a bad offensive player is some complete nonsense idea when it's a pretty much foregone thought with everyone outside of Minnesota.

If you don't wanna debate about players that's fine. If were just gonna throw out claims of "baiting" and "trolling" then please, either someone ban me for trolling, or let's agree to stop the name calling
funfactor
Junior
And1: 76

Post#82 » by funfactor » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:02 pm

Again, when you said he is a bad offensive player you are talking about scoring. Not the same thing. This argument of yours its been discussed in other topics not by me but by other people with more patience and english expertise. To argue is to be able to discuss and listen. If you find flowed logic you said so, if you just repeat one thing over and over, it just makes me think you are just annoying us for your personal fun, which is why you are called troll.

Just saying.
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#83 » by guest81 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:12 pm

funfactor wrote:Again, when you said he is a bad offensive player you are talking about scoring. Not the same thing. This argument of yours its been discussed in other topics not by me but by other people with more patience and english expertise. To argue is to be able to discuss and listen. If you find flowed logic you said so, if you just repeat one thing over and over, it just makes me think you are just annoying us for your personal fun, which is why you are called troll.

Just saying.

The offense that he generates with his passing does not make up for how bad his shooting is to make him a good offensive player. Rubio right now has a career FG% of 37%. 61 players have played at least 5000 career minutes and finished with a FG% of 38% or lower. 59 of of them played before 1965. While Rubio still has time to improve his shooting, right now you can make the argument that he's the worst shooter in the past 45 years. There's nothing else Rubio could do to possibly overcome that stat and be called a good offensive player.

Reference: http://grantland.com/features/the-young ... greatness/
funfactor
Junior
And1: 76

Post#84 » by funfactor » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:25 pm

look at our team with and without him.

Again, you said that already.

Good luck.
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#85 » by guest81 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:28 pm

funfactor wrote:look at our team with and without him.

Again, you said that already.

Good luck.

that could be said about pretty much every starting point guard in the league
wolfcat
Sophomore
And1: 22

Post#86 » by wolfcat » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:39 pm

Unfortunately there has not been a large enough sample size to difinitively state his shooting is better this year. I do think with Love no longer the focus of the team and new young players surrounding him that his game will and for some part already has changed. His new found aggression and shot improvement is a welcome sight and makes for anxious waiting for his return.

I hope the LaVine experiment continues despite our probable losses. I would be sad to see them move one GR3 to open space for a seasoned PG.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#87 » by urinesane » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:29 pm

guest81 wrote:
urinesane wrote:Don't bother.

Someone that is constantly given logical information that completely contradicts their argument and then keep arguing the same point and flawed logic...is a troll (or a moron).

Neither is worth continuing to argue with (he's in a feedback loop).

Come on, you haven't made any kind of point in a lot of your previous posts. If your just going to post insults and name calling, then who really is the troll?

You constantly post anecdotal evidence to backup your weak arguments and then ignore any factual information presented that is counter to your arguments.

We get it, you think offense = scoring. You have no sense of nuance or objectivity and aren't worth listening to. You post the same stuff over and over as if it's somehow going to change reality (it isn't).

Maybe if you actually listened to what people say and don't just reply with the same thing over and over, people wouldn't be calling you a troll. At this point you either lack the intelligence to have a nuanced discussion about professional basketball, or you're a troll.

Either way, you aren't worth having an actual discussion with, because no matter what evidence is presented, you will never budge on your views.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#88 » by urinesane » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:41 pm

guest81 wrote:
funfactor wrote:Again, when you said he is a bad offensive player you are talking about scoring. Not the same thing. This argument of yours its been discussed in other topics not by me but by other people with more patience and english expertise. To argue is to be able to discuss and listen. If you find flowed logic you said so, if you just repeat one thing over and over, it just makes me think you are just annoying us for your personal fun, which is why you are called troll.

Just saying.

The offense that he generates with his passing does not make up for how bad his shooting is to make him a good offensive player. Rubio right now has a career FG% of 37%. 61 players have played at least 5000 career minutes and finished with a FG% of 38% or lower. 59 of of them played before 1965. While Rubio still has time to improve his shooting, right now you can make the argument that he's the worst shooter in the past 45 years. There's nothing else Rubio could do to possibly overcome that stat and be called a good offensive player.

Again, you post your same argument (offense = scoring) as if we don't already understand your point. We understand what you are saying, you're just WRONG.

FG% isn't the end all be all stat for an offensive player, especially one that gets his teammates so many easy baskets. You say the offense he generates by passing doesn't make up for his shooting, but what exactly are you using to quantify that statement?

"The offense that he generates with his passing does not make up for how bad his shooting is to make him a good offensive player" and the argument you make to backup this claim? He has a low FG%.

Even if you 100% think you are right, you are making your point in the most lazy nonsensical way possible. Which on the internet tends to point to "troll" or a lack of intelligence.

If you are just going to keep posting the same stuff without anything other than anecdotal evidence to support it, save your time and just click the X in the top right corner of your browser.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#89 » by NewWolvesOrder » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:19 pm

Butthurt kevin love fans are annoying. I wish they would leave for Cavs board which could use some extra fan traffic.
ace625214
Bench Warmer
And1: 604

Post#90 » by ace625214 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:03 am

Turnover_21 wrote:Butthurt kevin love fans are annoying. I wish they would leave for Cavs board which could use some extra fan traffic.

What butthurt Kevin Love fans are you talking about? The majority of this board is pretty spiteful towards him. The only guy that really consistently rags on Rubio is guest81.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#91 » by C.lupus » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:10 am

OK, everybody close your eyes, take a deep breathe, and count to ten. Now exhale.

Feel better? Good.

OK, now...

Someone having a different opinion does not make them a troll.

AND

A good discussion/debate on a subject usually requires backing evidence for statements as well as replying to counter arguments/statements with specific counters of your own (again using supporting information if possible).

There is a good discussion to be had around individual offense (or defense) vs. team offense (or defense). Lets try to have that discussion without getting personal and, guest81, whether you are intentionally trolling or not, your posts are being viewed that way and its having the same effect on the board. So, if you don't want to be treated as a troll then make an effort to respond to specific points.

Alright, break.
jinxed
Starter
And1: 1,298

Post#92 » by jinxed » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:41 am

guest81 wrote:

Just saying.

By every single statistical metric Rubio is an above average offensive player.

In 2013-2014 Rubio has an Offensive RPM of 1.43, which is above the league average of 0.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_ ... position/1

Even by traditional box scores metrics like PER, Rubio has a rating of 17.00 this year, again above the league average of 15. Is he a great offensive player? No. But he is above average. And for his career he ranks as the single best defensive point guard since the year 2000 by defensive RAPM.
Check out my book! "The Awakened Ape :A Biohacker's Guide to Evolutionary Fitness, Natural Ecstasy, and Stress-Free Living"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSJN3Q4?ref_=pe_2427780_160035660
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,947

Post#93 » by Klomp » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:34 am

People should really stop posting in this thread, because it makes me sad and I start to be the one who is missing Ricky.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 912

Post#94 » by Saltine » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:10 am

Irving is a crappy point guard.

Ricky is much better running an offense.

Obviously Love misses Ricky.

but ,

Ricky does not miss Love.
:)
miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Post#95 » by miltk » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:51 am

pretty good question actually,,,but no, though he probably wishes he had a better coach.
and no one is digging a grave for kluv. the cav coach has put a great painting in a trunk.

in the supposed coming out party for the cavs versus n.o., lebron needed to get an almost triple double, irving still took the most shots, and kluv had 5 rebounds...yes, that's 5 rebounds while taking nine 3pt shots. this is not a winning formula. blatt wants to turn the best pf rebounder into ray allen.
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#96 » by Feilong » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:06 am

I miss Ricky too.
I've watched the final 5 minutes of the game vs Nets about 6-7 times. Close to perfection.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,723

Post#97 » by minimus » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:30 am

Feilong wrote:I miss Ricky too.
I've watched the final 5 minutes of the game vs Nets about 6-7 times. Close to perfection.

Yes, our execution in clutch time is definitely better that last season.
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#98 » by Vindicater » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:44 am

I hope Kevin wins a championship.

I have no bad feelings.
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves