ImageImageImage

Wolves admit time to "Rebuild"

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

slinky
Bench Warmer
And1: 76

Re: Wolves admit time to "Rebuild" 

Post#61 » by slinky » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

King Stannis wrote:Who are you guys comfortable trading?

Everyone not named Rubio/Wiggins/Lavine/Dieng.

There are certainly others I wouldnt want to trade, or just throw away(i.e. young, bennett, bazz), but wolves are in no position to ignore good deals for players that may not have a future or a definite starting role here.
Ghost
Bench Warmer
And1: 509

Post#62 » by Ghost » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:07 pm

First, another outsider coming to comment :lol: always love people like this.

I didn't know about Thad Young's mom, and he's still playing? Man, that's rough. Really don't want to blame him if he hasn't been up to par since.

Tirion wrote:
SD2042 wrote:
southern wolf wrote:If we do trade all the vets and go the slow approach we can all look forward to two or three more 20-30 win seasons. Oh joy.

Considering the Wolves are in the competitive Western Conference. Here are your true options:

Either go forward with what you have and suffer the delusional thoughts of fighting for a playoff spot.

OR

Do your franchise and the fans a favor and rebuild it from the ground up. Establish better chemistry, better identity, better Xs' and Os', and improve player development. Show the fans that will do whatever it takes to get this franchise on the right track this time. Even if it means going thru hell to get the job done right.

dude, you go through ten years without playoffs first then come back and tell us that.

As a Pistons fan with 5 years, going to be 6 without playoffs.. I think it's good for us to bottom out for a top pick at this point. If you hadn't got Wiggins, it'd probably be a similar story.

Lmaoooo. But it's a good point. You can't just continue to rebuild forever. You have to take a chance and try to move forward eventually. I think the Wolves are loaded with potential with the young guys they have acquired and before the season I figured they'd be able to win 30-35ish games in the West while growing together.
The injuries have been a setback... but I honestly think it might be an okay thing. It will get some of the younger guys more experience.. will help develop them more this year. In the offseason, maybe make a nice signing or trade and try what the Wolves wanted to do this year with everybody a year older. :nod:.
Good luck guys :).
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,952

Post#63 » by Klomp » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:14 pm

Ghost wrote:First, another outsider coming to comment :lol: always love people like this.

I didn't know about Thad Young's mom, and he's still playing? Man, that's rough. Really don't want to blame him if he hasn't been up to par since.

Yup. He took off about two weeks when it happened, but hasn't really been the same after he came back.

Look at 3-point shooting as an example. Was 6-11 prior to his mom's death, but just 1-13 since.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,887

Post#64 » by Chuck Everett » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:08 pm

Why would the T-Wolves trade Kevin Martin? Doesn't it stand to reason with his reasonable contract that they could at least turn him into a viable sixth man with Lavine and Wiggins next to Rubio? Now Budinger and Brewer, sure GTFO, but Martin still has value next to Ricky. He's a legit 20 ppg scorer.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves