ImageImageImage

Say we don't get a top 3 pick. Scenaio's to trade it?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Re: Say we don't get a top 3 pick. Scenaio's to trade it? 

Post#41 » by jpatrick » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:16 am

the_bruce wrote:
Klomp wrote:Go BPA.

Okafor
Towns
Russell
Mudiay
Porzingis

This

Yep this. The handful of guys I'd move it for wont be available (like Embiid or Ibaka).
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,723

Post#42 » by minimus » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:44 am

I don't want another losing season :( Please no.

If we get top 5, I'd do:
Thad, Bennet, Daniels, top5 pick for Favors, Hood

If we get top 3, I'd do
Thad, Bennet, Daniels, top3 pick for Favors, Hood, top 7.
Pick Mario Hezonja or Willie Cauley-Stein with 7. Sign Bjelica. If not, any other stretch 4 (Malcolm Thomas, Darrel Arhtur, Brandon Bass). Bring back Adrien. Sign vet back up PG: same Mo Will (Prigioni, Ridnour, Nelson, Wolters)

Dieng/Pek/Favors
Favors/Bjelica/Adrien
Wiggins/Hood/Hezonja
Martin/Shabazz/Hezonja
RR/Mo Will/LaVine

P.S. I am really impressed by Hood shooting ability. This guy is automatic from long distance. Favors has been quite good so far, can fix our frountcourt issues with his size, athleticism and mobility. He also improved his mid range jumper. I'm affraid that both Okafor and Towns can't be difference in defense...
breatnach
Starter
And1: 826

Post#43 » by breatnach » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:34 am

Mattya wrote:
breatnach wrote:
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

1. Our recent draft history? You do know we have 4 guys in the rookie sophomore game.
2. I wonder how Cleveland management feels about Lebron trading the top pick for the safe player in Love last year? I wonder how Brooklyn feels about trading all those young players and picks for safe players. That team has no future and gave up Lillard, Favors, and only time will tell who else, for safe players in Williams, Wallace, Garnett, and Pierce.
3. We are nowhere near okay on offense. We are terrible on both sides of the ball.
4. You don't trade potential impact players for quality role players.

You need to learn when to drop a topic. Clearly we are not able to convince eachother of our point of views.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#44 » by Mattya » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:07 am

breatnach wrote:
Mattya wrote:
breatnach wrote:
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

1. Our recent draft history? You do know we have 4 guys in the rookie sophomore game.
2. I wonder how Cleveland management feels about Lebron trading the top pick for the safe player in Love last year? I wonder how Brooklyn feels about trading all those young players and picks for safe players. That team has no future and gave up Lillard, Favors, and only time will tell who else, for safe players in Williams, Wallace, Garnett, and Pierce.
3. We are nowhere near okay on offense. We are terrible on both sides of the ball.
4. You don't trade potential impact players for quality role players.

You need to learn when to drop a topic. Clearly we are not able to convince eachother of our point of views.

:roll: pot meet kettle? If that was your stance you wouldn't have even replied. Just because you end your post with "agree to disagree" doesn't mean I can't reply to the points you made earlier in that same post. If you don't want people to respond to the points you make on a message board try not making anymore points or not post at all.
PZiv
Veteran
And1: 828

Post#45 » by PZiv » Mon Feb 2, 2015 3:50 am

Would you trade (we end up booted out of top3) 4th for Bostons 7th(currently) and Clippers pick(26th)?
And see if we can get a fallout of any players or Porzingis atleast?
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#46 » by Merc_Porto » Mon Feb 2, 2015 9:00 pm

If we get a top-2 pick (Okafor or Towns)
I would make a trade around Dieng for T.Gibson for sure.

Okafor or Towns / Pekovic
T.Gibson / Benett / Bjelica
Wiggins / Shabazz
Martin / Lavine
Rubio / ??? / L.Brown

* depending also on what is going to happend with Thad Young.
phonzadellika
Rookie
And1: 178

Post#47 » by phonzadellika » Mon Feb 2, 2015 9:06 pm

PZiv wrote:Would you trade (we end up booted out of top3) 4th for Bostons 7th(currently) and Clippers pick(26th)?
And see if we can get a fallout of any players or Porzingis atleast?

Not before draft night. If Towns and Okafor were gone by 4 I'd probably consider something like it, but the Celtics would probably have to throw in one of the Nets pick swaps or something as well to make it worthwhile since we might not get the guy we want at 7.
T-wOlvEs 420
Pro Prospect
And1: 165

Post#48 » by T-wOlvEs 420 » Mon Feb 2, 2015 10:57 pm

What about Draymond Green from Golden state. He's 24
PF /SF..?

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#49 » by Takingbaconback » Mon Feb 2, 2015 11:06 pm

mercgold3 wrote:If we get a top-2 pick (Okafor or Towns)
I would make a trade around Dieng for T.Gibson for sure.

Okafor or Towns / Pekovic
T.Gibson / Benett / Bjelica
Wiggins / Shabazz
Martin / Lavine
Rubio / ??? / L.Brown

* depending also on what is going to happend with Thad Young.

Not sure if bulls would bite on dieng cuz they already got gasol and noah. Gibson would be a great fit with rubio/lavine/wiggins/okafor or towns, wish we still had miamis first round pick to have a shot at getting him
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#50 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Feb 3, 2015 12:11 am

how often are the 3 best players drafted in the top 3 picks - think of 2011 when almost the entire top 10 is **** up their picks and meanwhile Klay Thompson, Kawhi Leonard, and Jimmy Butler are going 11,15,30 in the draft. And there's no consensus yet either - looks like 5 or 6 guys that could go top 3 at this point. Anybody that could go #2 could probably also go #5.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,142

Post#51 » by GopherIt! » Tue Feb 3, 2015 1:09 am

If we miss out on Okafor/Towns, Russell and Johnson are keepers if they are on the board.

SG/SF:
Russell and Wiggins
Wiggins and Johnson :droop:
MinotauroBigNog
Junior
And1: 112

Post#52 » by MinotauroBigNog » Tue Feb 3, 2015 4:06 am

I really think that Johnson would be a better pick up than Russell, at least for Wiggins development. He plays so much better at the two it seems like (needs to bulk before he can play SF consistently across 82 games).
Pride Never Die
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#53 » by Worm Guts » Tue Feb 3, 2015 4:47 am

Wiggins might play better at the 2 now, but that's something that could easily change as he fills out. I do like Johnson's potential to be a two way player, I haven't decided if I like him over Russell yet.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#54 » by theGreatRC » Tue Feb 3, 2015 7:32 am

Worm Guts wrote:Wiggins might play better at the 2 now, but that's something that could easily change as he fills out. I do like Johnson's potential to be a two way player, I haven't decided if I like him over Russell yet.

Wait...i know im reading this wrong, but just in case...you're not saying you like Russell over Wiggins right?
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#55 » by Worm Guts » Tue Feb 3, 2015 11:28 am

theGreatRC wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:Wiggins might play better at the 2 now, but that's something that could easily change as he fills out. I do like Johnson's potential to be a two way player, I haven't decided if I like him over Russell yet.

Wait...i know im reading this wrong, but just in case...you're not saying you like Russell over Wiggins right?

No
firyGM
Junior
And1: 62

Post#56 » by firyGM » Tue Feb 3, 2015 12:32 pm

Guys, i know that we have to get somebody who can plays F or C, however Hezonja could be a new European Star. I'm from Spain and that boy is simply amazing. He is 19, 6ft 7in and he plays PG, SG or SF. So in my opinion we should get another pick (maybe thanks to Thad) for choose him. But if we can't get it and our pick is out from TOP3, we should sign Hezonja.
wildvikeswolves
Starter
And1: 577

Post#57 » by wildvikeswolves » Tue Feb 3, 2015 1:40 pm

firyGM wrote:Guys, i know that we have to get somebody who can plays F or C, however Hezonja could be a new European Star. I'm from Spain and that boy is simply amazing. He is 19, 6ft 7in and he plays PG, SG or SF. So in my opinion we should get another pick (maybe thanks to Thad) for choose him. But if we can't get it and our pick is out from TOP3, we should sign Hezonja.

I like him. I would be alright taking him after Okafor, Russel, and Towns. I slightly prefer Johnson, but would be alright taking him over Stanley.

He provides very good 3 pt shooting, decent handles, and he and Wiggins could be interchangeable at 2/3.

This draft is 7/8 deep with players i like
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#58 » by jpatrick » Tue Feb 3, 2015 2:51 pm

I worry that Hezonja gets such inconsistent minutes and that he is averaging like .1 FTA per game in the Spanish League, thus is a gamble, but we really need a guy like him on the wings. Rubio will always be an inconsistent shooter, although hopefully improved, and I want Wiggins attacking, not spacing the floor. Hezonja's ceiling is an ultra athletic Klay Thompson, not sure it's likely he reaches that, but you know Flip thought Thompson was a perfect running mate for Rubio.

If we get Towns/Okafor with our pick, and this won't be popular, but I'd fine fine with trading Dieng and/or Bazz for a pick in the 6-8 range and taking Hezonja. My thought process is that if we get another big who can play center, one of Pek/Dieng are expendable and Pek will be hard to trade. Plus if we add a lotto wing, I think Bazz is somewhat expendable and I do wonder about he would feel coming off the bench. All-in-all, I think someone with Hezonja's upside and skillset is worth the risk.

All that said, no way Flip does it. You know he doesn't want another year where he is coaching two rookies in the rotation.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#59 » by C.lupus » Tue Feb 3, 2015 3:01 pm

I'm leaning now towards not trading down. I'd easily take any of Okafor, Towns, Johnson, or Russell (probably in that order) and we'd be pretty much guaranteed one of them with a the top 5 pick. If we drop out of the top five, I'd be fine with WCS, Hezonja, or maybe Porzingis.
wildvikeswolves
Starter
And1: 577

Post#60 » by wildvikeswolves » Tue Feb 3, 2015 3:03 pm

C.lupus wrote:I'm leaning now towards not trading down. I'd easily take any of Okafor, Towns, Johnson, or Russell (probably in that order) and we'd be pretty much guaranteed one of them with a the top 5 pick. If we drop out of the top five, I'd be fine with WCS, Hezonja, or maybe Porzingis.

That's how i see it as well except Okafor, Russel, Towns, Johnson is my order

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves