ImageImageImage

The Zach LaVine Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Minnesota Power
Pro Prospect
And1: 207

Re: The Zach LaVine Thread 

Post#961 » by Minnesota Power » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:44 pm

Ranger wrote:I'm feeling mighty uncomfortable around you all right now.

No need to be uncomfortable or weirded out. Nothing wrong or weird with a guy having a man crush.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steven-petite/what-exactly-is-a-man-cru_b_5344282.html

A man crush is something that a straight male has for someone who is usually a public figure, a recognizable name, a celebrity. These crushes do not mean that your man desires his man crush in the way he desires you, though. I like to describe the term as a deep interest in the work of a man, that sometimes borders on fanaticism or obsession.
I want to move back to Minnesota, I miss it sooooo much! :cry:
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,142

Post#962 » by GopherIt! » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:46 pm

King Malta wrote:
BallinSon wrote:
Minnesota Power wrote:
Humans form an initial impression of someone seconds within seeing them. When he was first drafted I first thought he was going to be some whiny immature baby. The dude is nothing like that. My first impression was way off and I am so glad I was completely wrong about the kid.

It was this article that I really warmed up to the guy. Put a big smile on me the way he initally embraced our wonderful state.
http://www.canishoopus.com/2014/9/4/6107525/zach-lavine-tours-minnesota
Makes me wish we grew up in the same town so I could of been his best friend growing up. He strikes me as the exact type of person I'd want to be best friends with.

I'll add too, I'm 23, almost 24 years old and got 4 sisters and no brothers. To this day I wish I had a brother. I had a dream once where LaVine was my little brother. He literally would be the perfect little brother for me. Sorry if that is a bit weird to you guys but I thought i'd share.

These are my exact thoughts. How cool would it have been to go out hiking with Zach? Bring a rod and reel, some tents, sneak a bottle of brandy from his parents liquor cabinet, and sit around the fire all night telling fart jokes. All the good times that could have been with Zach. Putting whoopie cushions under the teachers chair, cheating off his homework and exams, getting all his sloppy seconds when he'd move on to the next piece of tail. Good times, dude, good times. If only Zach were my best friend growing up.

I pictured this whole scenario with corny 80's sitcom music playing

Yeah, I pictured the Top Gun soundtrack "Playing with the Boys."

...Sword fight!
zDank
Sophomore
And1: 43

Post#963 » by zDank » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:28 pm

[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/BILNzTigjwq/[/instagram]

#2020Japan

Kid has never lacked confidence
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Post#964 » by Sugarless » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:29 pm

His style is perfect for the FIBA game. Just get stronger and better on defense, and he will have a place in the US team someday.
Minnesota Power
Pro Prospect

Post#965 » by Minnesota Power » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:41 pm

[instagram]https://www.instagram.com/p/BH54nhdgjrS/[/instagram]
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,952

Post#966 » by Klomp » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:48 pm

Sugarless wrote:His style is perfect for the FIBA game. Just get stronger and better on defense, and he will have a place in the US team someday.

Yup, I think he could be on the team as soon as the 2018 World Cup. Only thing that could stop it is if the NBA places an age restriction on players playing internationally.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Minnesota Power
Pro Prospect

Post#967 » by Minnesota Power » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:09 pm

Basically a recap of all the work LaVine has been doing this summer, many of which have already been posted here previously, but still worth a read.
http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/zach-lavine-has-been-putting-work-summer
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#968 » by Vindicater » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:29 pm

Hope this gives him the confidence to push on to all-star level in the NBA.
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#969 » by theGreatRC » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:08 am

I love Zach's confidence. I wonder if Zach plays at an all-star level next year or the year after and surpasses Wiggs, if Wiggs would be okay now being the third option?

I can see Zach leaving the most out of the 3 when the second contract is up
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Minnesota Power
Pro Prospect

Post#970 » by Minnesota Power » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:16 am

Yeah, right now Zach would be the most likely to leave (or be traded)

KAT and Wiggins are our "Big 2" (and right now, are considered pretty much the only two non-tradable players right now on our team) just like Durant & Westbrook were OKC's "Big 2"

Obviously that can change over the years depending how each player performs and improves, or doesn't improve.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#971 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:39 am

I think Wiggs would be fine as a 3rd option because he has the potential to fill that role of a 2 way guy.

Of the 3, I do agree that Zach is most likely to leave. However, I think he would leave due to wanting to play in a bigger and much warmer city (with a strong emphasis on the warm). Zach was on the first plane to California as soon as the season ended while Kat, Wiggs, and even Bazzy stayed behind. Wiggs and Kat are probably really comfortable in a Minnesota style environment because it is something they are most familiar with.
Minnesota Power
Pro Prospect

Post#972 » by Minnesota Power » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:47 am

LaVine was born in raised in Washington State, somewhere in or close to the Seattle area. He only went to college at UCLA.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#973 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:59 am

Minnesota Power wrote:LaVine was born in raised in Washington State, somewhere in or close to the Seattle area. He only went to college at UCLA.

Washington is basically Hawaii compared to Minnesota and Toronto as far as weather goes. KAT and Wiggins both grew up in cold weather and are comfortable with it.
Minnesota Power
Pro Prospect

Post#974 » by Minnesota Power » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:18 am

I wouldn't know how the weather compares to Washington to Minnesota to New Jersey where Towns was born and raised, but I think were reading way too much into this from where they're spending time during the offseason, even more so these are a bunch of guys in their early 20s, one of the most fickle demographics there is. We may as well predict every young player who plays on a northern team to leave that isn't from the north.

If were good, the weather won't be a problem. If we underperform or have lots of injuries and continue to miss the playoffs, then the weather will be a much bigger factor.

And i'm not sure why this seems to be a basketball problem. I never see this come up on football forums, not anywhere near the extent it does for basketball, considering a lot of NFL stadiums are outdoors where as NBA games are played indoors. Adrian Peterson is from Texas and Bridgewater from Miami. And Brett Favre is from Mississippi.
Flight 22
Sophomore
And1: 321

Post#975 » by Flight 22 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:22 pm

DeRozan is from California and yet has demonstrated no desire to leave Toronto. Team success plays a large part in whether or not certain guys will stick around, and if the Wolves are legitimate contenders in the next five years with Zach as an integral part of their success, I see no reason for him to leave the organization. The chemistry on and off the court between the three young players (Lavine, Towns, and Wiggins) is definitely there and I honestly don't see a clash of egos being an issue. If anything Zach will develop into a leadership role on this team considering Wiggins is relatively passive vocally and Towns seems to be a genuine class act that won't assert his will in a negative way. Minnesota is very fortunate to have three (hopefully four with Dunn) players under the age of 22 that demonstrate outstanding personality and potential.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#976 » by NewWolvesOrder » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:25 pm

Let's wait till Zach becomes a consistent plus player before we worry about him leaving for warm weather cities. Let's be honest here, so far his main contribution has been getting enough lotto balls to land KAT.
Flight 22
Sophomore

Post#977 » by Flight 22 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:39 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Let's wait till Zach becomes a consistent plus player before we worry about him leaving for warm weather cities. Let's be honest here, so far his main contribution has been getting enough lotto balls to land KAT.

While I do agree that we shouldn't worry about his departure from the organization at this point in time, I also see him as an integral piece moving forward. Realistically, how many teams have the luxury of developing a 21 year old that has demonstrated the ability to shoot with elite athleticism, especially when you consider the dearth of quality shooting guards in the league. If Lavine can put it altogether and become a serviceable defender while putting up 15/3/5 on a potential contending team with Dunn, Wiggins and Towns, we as fans have no room to complain.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#978 » by NewWolvesOrder » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:45 pm

Flight 22 wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:Let's wait till Zach becomes a consistent plus player before we worry about him leaving for warm weather cities. Let's be honest here, so far his main contribution has been getting enough lotto balls to land KAT.

While I do agree that we shouldn't worry about his departure from the organization at this point in time, I also see him as an integral piece moving forward. Realistically, how many teams have the luxury of developing a 21 year old that has demonstrated the ability to shoot with elite athleticism, especially when you consider the dearth of quality shooting guards in the league. If Lavine can put it altogether and become a serviceable defender while putting up 15/3/5 on a potential contending team with Dunn, Wiggins and Towns, we as fans have no room to complain.

He's very fun to watch on the court. But so far Wolves go their asses kicked in most cases when Zach was on the floor. And that has to change, otherwise we have a fool's gold player on our hands. Hopefully with PG experiment being over there will be a positive change in results.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,952

Post#979 » by Klomp » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:48 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:He's very fun to watch on the court. But so far Wolves go their asses kicked in most cases when Zach was on the floor. And that has to change, otherwise we have a fool's gold player on our hands.

You can usually say that about all players when a team only wins 45 games in two seasons.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Flight 22
Sophomore

Post#980 » by Flight 22 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:53 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Flight 22 wrote:

He's very fun to watch on the court. But so far Wolves go their asses kicked in most cases when Zach was on the floor. And that has to change, otherwise we have a fool's gold player on our hands. Hopefully with PG experiment being over there will be a positive change in results.

Yeah, he will definitely need to be a 2 guard for us, and his lack of size (weight and muscle) is a bit of a concern. Regarding us getting beaten when he's on the floor, I think that can mainly be attributed to the defensive end of things more than the offense which I'm sure you'd agree on. Zach's got a ton of potential on the offensive end of the ball, let's just keep our fingers crossed that he can become even an average defender. I'm not getting my hopes up too high, but with Thibodeau along with Dunn, Wiggins, and KAT to cover up this flaw, I'm not worried about it yet.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves