would you get larry sanders? 

Post#1 » by Mikchek » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:42 pm

his upside is amazing...
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Re: would you get larry sanders? 

Post#2 » by AQuintus » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:47 pm

No. Any upside he may have is completely outweighed by the obvious downsides.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 912

Post#3 » by Saltine » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:54 pm

He's garbage. He's mean to puppies and has a drug problem. The last thing we need around young guys is a complete dick like Sanders.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/larry-sanders-cited-in-january-for-keeping-dogs-out-in-the-cold-b99140898z1-231642171.html
Milwaukee Bucks center Larry Sanders, who was involved in an altercation at a Milwaukee nightclub on Nov. 3, was cited twice in January for cruelty to animals, according to Municipal Court records. Sanders paid a total of $330 for the two municipal citations.

According to court records, a neighbor called police to say Sanders kept his two German shepherd puppies outside in the cold for hours without proper shelter, food and water. The person said she tried to speak with Sanders about his dogs but felt intimidated and was told by Sanders to leave his property. The neighbor said Sanders told her that he was going to call the police if she returned, court records say.

On Jan. 3, police attempted to contact Sanders but were unsuccessful. An officer went to Sanders' home in the 3200 block of N. Lake Drive, and saw the two puppies in the backyard with no shelter, food or water. The officer noted that the temperature outside was 17 degrees. Police notified the Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission to retrieve the dogs. An employee of the center determined the dogs "were in harm and needed to be removed," according to the police report.

On Jan. 4, police went back to Sanders' home, met with Sanders and issued the two citations.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#4 » by Foye » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:54 pm

Not even if someone paid us 10 mil. to take him lol.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#5 » by NewWolvesOrder » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:11 am

The guy wants to smoke pot, not play baskeball. You want SuperCoolBeas vol.2 ?
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#6 » by C.lupus » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:20 am

Saltine wrote:He's garbage. He's mean to puppies and has a drug problem. The last thing we need around young guys is a complete dick like Sanders.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/larry-sanders-cited-in-january-for-keeping-dogs-out-in-the-cold-b99140898z1-231642171.html
Milwaukee Bucks center Larry Sanders, who was involved in an altercation at a Milwaukee nightclub on Nov. 3, was cited twice in January for cruelty to animals, according to Municipal Court records. Sanders paid a total of $330 for the two municipal citations.

According to court records, a neighbor called police to say Sanders kept his two German shepherd puppies outside in the cold for hours without proper shelter, food and water. The person said she tried to speak with Sanders about his dogs but felt intimidated and was told by Sanders to leave his property. The neighbor said Sanders told her that he was going to call the police if she returned, court records say.

On Jan. 3, police attempted to contact Sanders but were unsuccessful. An officer went to Sanders' home in the 3200 block of N. Lake Drive, and saw the two puppies in the backyard with no shelter, food or water. The officer noted that the temperature outside was 17 degrees. Police notified the Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission to retrieve the dogs. An employee of the center determined the dogs "were in harm and needed to be removed," according to the police report.

On Jan. 4, police went back to Sanders' home, met with Sanders and issued the two citations.

I have zero interest in Sanders and see no upside in him. I'm also a dog lover. But that sounds like a bunch of BS. I have two german shepherd mixes and they are out all day (11-12 hours) while we are at work. Our older one is getting more cold sensitive so we are doing things a little differently now but when he was younger, they would both be out even when it was -20 or colder. They choose to go out when it's 17 degrees. A few hours at temps in the teens is not going to harm a german shepherd. Chihuahua, maybe.
ace625214
Bench Warmer
And1: 604

Post#7 » by ace625214 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:35 am

C.lupus wrote:
Saltine wrote:He's garbage. He's mean to puppies and has a drug problem. The last thing we need around young guys is a complete dick like Sanders.

I have zero interest in Sanders and see no upside in him. I'm also a dog lover. But that sounds like a bunch of BS. I have two german shepherd mixes and they are out all day (11-12 hours) while we are at work. Our older one is getting more cold sensitive so we are doing things a little differently now but when he was younger, they would both be out even when it was -20 or colder. They choose to go out when it's 17 degrees. A few hours at temps in the teens is not going to harm a german shepherd. Chihuahua, maybe.

Agreed. So many times I've asked my parents' husky if he wants to come inside, only to be met with a "Why the hell would I want to do that" look.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#8 » by King Malta » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:59 am

Pass.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#9 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:14 am

C.lupus wrote:

your dogs probably had food/water/dog house though. Maybe the story is misconstruing things, but it makes it sound like the dogs were lacking those basics.
T-wOlvEs 420
Pro Prospect
And1: 165

Post#10 » by T-wOlvEs 420 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:16 am

Hell no!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#11 » by Krapinsky » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:33 am

We've had exactly zero success with reclamation projects. We've got two decent centers and the draft has three nice ones. No thanks.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#12 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:49 am

Krapinsky wrote:We've had exactly zero success with reclamation projects. We've got two decent centers and the draft has three nice ones. No thanks.

All those guys never really had any sustained success anywhere though - Sanders has shown he can be a high level player.
ace625214
Bench Warmer
And1: 604

Post#13 » by ace625214 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:22 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
C.lupus wrote:

your dogs probably had food/water/dog house though. Maybe the story is misconstruing things, but it makes it sound like the dogs were lacking those basics.

It's just about impossible to have food/water outside when it's that cold. Crap freezes immediately. It also depends what they mean by "puppies." Eight weeks old and freshly weined from their mom? Yeah that's a terrible thing to do. Six months old? Not that much of an issue. I'm not saying dogs should be abandoned to fend for themselves, but I can definitely see where the rich lady next-door with her yappy bichons would overreact out of lack of knowledge hardier breeds. I've witnessed that many times.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 912

Post#14 » by Saltine » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:47 am

So Sanders is in the right and nobody else in Wisconsin knows anything about dogs???
I doubt that. He's a dick. He threw bottles into a crowd...
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/234453641.html
more...
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1920763-larry-sanders-is-milwaukee-bucks-biggest-problem-in-nightmare-season
it takes some serious dementia to think he's the answer to anything this team needs.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#15 » by moss_is_1 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:08 am

Not worth it. He's not the player he was when he got that contract. Let a contender, or a team with a great locker room pick him up and try to save him.

Wonder if the Clippers would try to claim him as DeAndre insurance? He'd have to go there on the minimum.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#16 » by southern wolf » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:21 am

He could have murdered 15 people and the fact that he's mean to puppies would still be the thing that I hate him more for.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#17 » by Basti » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:46 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:We've had exactly zero success with reclamation projects. We've got two decent centers and the draft has three nice ones. No thanks.

All those guys never really had any sustained success anywhere though - Sanders has shown he can be a high level player.

For how long though? He basically had one great season in a season leading up to a contract extension. That just screams Tim Thomas v2.0 to me. And several reports support that notion.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#18 » by minimus » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:46 am

If we speak about his BB skills I am not impressed either. Blocks/Fouls ratio suggest that he is not elite defender. And he is liability in offense. However, I like Henson more than any other young defensive PF in NBA. He or Ed Davis could really help our atrocious defense.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#19 » by C.lupus » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:22 pm

Saltine wrote:So Sanders is in the right and nobody else in Wisconsin knows anything about dogs???
I doubt that. He's a dick. He threw bottles into a crowd...
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/234453641.html
more...
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1920763-larry-sanders-is-milwaukee-bucks-biggest-problem-in-nightmare-season
it takes some serious dementia to think he's the answer to anything this team needs.

I didn't say that. I have no doubt he's a dick. I just know that things can be taken out of context in the media. There probably was some abuse going on but that article didn't make a convincing argument. Being left out for "hours" at "17 degrees" is nothing for a cold-hardy breed. That was my only point.

Hell, one of my mom's neighbors called the police on us when I was visiting her over Christmas (in the Milwaukee area coincidentally). They told the cops that our two dogs had been abandoned in our car for three days, which wasn't even close to being true. We had the windows cracked, walked them every couple hours, gave them water, fed them, and took them back to our motel room at night, and we weren't even there three days at the time. The dogs probably barked at one of the residents and pissed them off.

Anyway, back on topic, I don't want anything to do with Larry Sanders. Thought he was over-hyped in his one good year and think he's a jerk to boot.
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,262

Post#20 » by Sothron » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:57 pm

This guy got paid for one good year and is a nut case. Hell to the no!

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves