ImageImageImage

Cap space for next year. . .

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Re: Cap space for next year. . . 

Post#81 » by Foye » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:52 am

I still think Bennett will turn out a solid big for someone in this league.

Doubt it will be in Minnesota, though. We are invested in Pekovic, Dieng & Payne are much cheaper and we are very likely to pick a big in the upcoming draft.
It would basically require Bennett to significantely outplay all of them (especially Dieng and/or Payne) to remain on the team for 2016/17. That will not happen.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#82 » by packforfreedom » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:51 pm

mercgold3 wrote:Yeah, he is a bust.

Bennett is so old (21) and dumb that he can't improve anymore.

Doesn't matter the rest. How unlucky his career as been.

Doesn't matter the huge, yes, huge potencial he show us in the begining of the season.
(Let's check what most of us was saying about AB in that time)

Yeah, he is a bust, because his BBIQ is awful, if his BBIQ is bad, Pekovic BBIQ is what ?

what potential? hitting open midrange jumpers and dunking the ball once in a while? This is all he can do. he has no post moves, has bad court awareness, is a bad defender. The dribble drives we saw from from Payne the last two games alone is more than Bennett showed the last two years speaking of potential.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Re: Re: Cap space for next year. . . 

Post#83 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:02 pm

packforfreedom wrote:

Doesn't matter the huge, yes, huge potencial he show us in the begining of the season.

Yeah, he is a bust, because his BBIQ is awful, if his BBIQ is bad, Pekovic BBIQ is what ?

what potential? hitting open midrange jumpers and dunking the ball once in a while? This is all he can do. he has no post moves, has bad court awareness, is a bad defender. The dribble drives we saw from from Payne the last two games alone is more than Bennett showed the last two years speaking of potential.

I believe in you.
After all you are the one that says cleary.

"Pekovic is an undarrated defender" LOL

You got eye for this things.
packforfreedom
Analyst

Post#84 » by packforfreedom » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:12 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
packforfreedom wrote:

I believe in you.

you're becoming a joke, not even trying backing up your point with arguments.
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Re: Re: Re: Cap space for next year. . . 

Post#85 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:20 pm

packforfreedom wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:
packforfreedom wrote:

I believe in you.

you're becoming are joke, not even trying backing up your point with arguments.

Calling Bennett a bad defender and Pekovic an undarrated defender. Its funny.

You are funny sometimes.
You know basketball ;)
Keep going. And 1 for you.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#86 » by King Malta » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:34 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
packforfreedom wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:
I believe in you.

You are funny sometimes.
You know basketball ;)

I don't deliberately mean to pick at your posts a lot, but you're just being a bit of a jerk here mate.

People are offering up reasons and logic behind their Payne>Bennett opinions (one I subscribe too) but you're not really giving anything even close to an argument/reasoning behind your opinion. For me, in the limited time we've seen Payne he's given me more than enough reasons to feel more confident about him than Bennett. Bennett may have hit some open jumpers early but he's back to being unable to do it (something he also displayed in Cleveland), his effort on defense is almost non existent, he's got barely any post/driving moves and he seems allergic to setting screens. Whilst Payne's shot selection and form clearly needs work, he's already demonstrated better defensive ability/effort and more post/drive moves than we've seen from Bennett whilst at 'Sota. Not to mention Payne was effectively playing something like his 6th NBA game today/last night/whatever.

Someone having an opinion on one subject you disagree with (Pek being an underrated defender) doesn't automatically invalidate everything else they have to say either. Try structuring a fact based response rather than just shooting people down.
packforfreedom
Analyst

Post#87 » by packforfreedom » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:34 pm

doublepost
packforfreedom
Analyst

Post#88 » by packforfreedom » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:34 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
packforfreedom wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:
I believe in you.

You are funny sometimes.
You know basketball ;)

so enlighten me with your talent evalution skills. how do you recognice the "huge potential" of Bennett? what skills does he provide? try to actually argue instead of trying to make fun of other posters.
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#89 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:47 pm

^ nah.

I'm going to stop. I don't want to be a joke for you or anyone else.
I just want to say:

We aren't many with this opinion over here but i'm not the only one with the opinion that Bennett is good. Or could be really good.

I respect your opinion.
Sorry if I offended you.
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#90 » by Narf » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:43 pm

mercgold3 wrote:^ nah.

I'm going to stop. I don't want to be a joke for you or anyone else.
I just want to say:

We aren't many with this opinion over here but i'm not the only one with the opinion that Bennett is good. Or could be really good.

I respect your opinion.
Sorry if I offended you.

Boxing out is defense. Pek is an under the rim defender, and having one of those is more important then having a shot blocker. There's a reason the other team has scored less with Pek in then Pek on the bench. And we haven't had bad defensive backup centers the last 2 years either.

This year is the first time Pek has actually looked bad. But you don't seem to have the capacity to differentiate between this year and the last 3 so meh.
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#91 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:29 pm

Narf wrote:But you don't seem to have the capacity to differentiate between this year and the last 3 so meh.

Right, only this year.

Myself and lot of others didn't start to talk about how Pek is bad defensively only this year.

This year was just the confirmation for a lot more people how horrible he is as a defender. But, ok.

Keep saying is just this year.
Narf
Head Coach

Post#92 » by Narf » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:09 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
Narf wrote:But you don't seem to have the capacity to differentiate between this year and the last 3 so meh.

Right, only this year.

Myself and lot of others didn't start to talk about how Pek is bad defensively only this year.

This year was just the confirmation for a lot more people how horrible he is as a defender. But, ok.

Keep saying is just this year.

Do you even understand the difference between fact and opinion? It's not an opinion that we were a better defensive team with Pek in then Turiaf or Dieng or any other center (that I've checked) we've had the last 3 years. It's a fact.

When you learn what numbers are, and understand facts like opponents points per possession, let me know. Until then stop being so arrogant. If you want to be condescending to me, you have to be smarter then me.

How many points the other teams scores per possession is how you measure a team's defense. The team was and still is better defensively with Pek in then our other centers. This is not an opinion, it's a fact.

Now here is my opinion. The reason we have been better defensively with Pek in is because he boxes out better then anyone in the NBA and that makes a huge difference in post position (high percentage shots), second chance points, and the need to rotate (again, leaving your man = higher percentage shots). But that's my opinion on why we are better defensively with Pek in, see how one is a fact and the other is an opinion?
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#93 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:39 pm

Narf wrote:Do you even understand the difference between fact and opinion? It's not an opinion that we were a better defensive team with Pek in then Turiaf or Dieng or any other center (that I've checked) we've had the last 3 years. It's a fact.

When you learn what numbers are, and understand facts like opponents points per possession, let me know. Until then stop being so arrogant. If you want to be condescending to me, you have to be smarter then me.

How many points the other teams scores per possession is how you measure a team's defense. The team was and still is better defensively with Pek in then our other centers. This is not an opinion, it's a fact.

Now here is my opinion. The reason we have been better defensively with Pek in is because he boxes out better then anyone in the NBA and that makes a huge difference in post position (high percentage shots), second chance points, and the need to rotate (again, leaving your man = higher percentage shots). But that's my opinion on why we are better defensively with Pek in, see how one is a fact and the other is an opinion?

Right, it´s a fact. But...
You are the one comparing him with our others bakcups C for example. (That is why they are backups)
Now...
Let´s comparing with the others 7 M$ - 15 M$ Cs in the league too see the diference.
Defensively of course.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,947

Post#94 » by Klomp » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:46 pm

Your blind hate for Pekovic is no different than if someone were to argue that Jeremy Lin is a better PG than Rubio because of shooting percentages.

There are two sides of the ball. You cannot just ignore Pekovic's offense either.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Narf
Head Coach

Post#95 » by Narf » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:52 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
Narf wrote:Do you even understand the difference between fact and opinion? It's not an opinion that we were a better defensive team with Pek in then Turiaf or Dieng or any other center (that I've checked) we've had the last 3 years. It's a fact.

Right, it´s a fact. But...
You are the one comparing him with our others bakcups C for example. (That is why they are backups)
Now...
Let´s comparing with the others 7 M$ - 15 M$ Cs in the league too see the diference.
Defensively of course.
Why do you make these statements? It's like you're being wrong on purpose.

The Wolves were above average defensively with Pekovic in last year. In fact, they would have ranked as the 10th best overall defense with Pek in if I remember right.

Look up stats for other years if you want. But Pek/Love/Brewer/Martin/Rubio was a better then average defensive starting 5 and a great offensive starting 5. And Love/Martin were liabilities on D. Then we gave up trying at the end of the year when it was obvious we couldn't make the playoffs and stopped giving effort on D. But yes, The Wolves were above average defensively with Pek in. And that was against the other teams starters.

Then our bench came in and we turned into a terrible defense and wretched offense.....with a fast pace just so JJ could do even more damage jacking up shots.
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#96 » by Feilong » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:55 pm

Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#97 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:09 pm

Pekovic is perfect then. (Yersterday was the perfetc example of perfection)
Why we are desperate to get another C then ?
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#98 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:53 pm

Narf wrote:The Wolves were above average defensively with Pekovic in last year.
But Pek/Love/Brewer/Martin/Rubio was a better then average defensive starting 5

WRONG.
SO WRONG.

They were great offensively thought.
Narf
Head Coach

Post#99 » by Narf » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:58 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
Narf wrote:The Wolves were above average defensively with Pekovic in last year.
But Pek/Love/Brewer/Martin/Rubio was a better then average defensive starting 5

WRONG.
SO WRONG.

They were great offensively thought.

You understand you can actually look up opponent PPP with Pekovic in and compare that to the average right?

Like, it's an actual stat you can see.

Nbawowy.com

Knock yourself out.
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#100 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:15 pm

The starting 5 of Minnesota wasn´t above average with Pekovic last year.

Actually, that starting 5 played 51 games.
And guess what ? They were the worst starting 5 in the league in opponent´s points. (44.7)

"But Pek/Love/Brewer/Martin/Rubio was a better then average defensive starting 5"

How can you say that ?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves