ImageImageImage

Who as a player won the summer trade? and future of K Love?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Who won

Love
20%
Wiggins
80%

Total votes: 10

zeemwolves
Freshman
And1: 11

Who as a player won the summer trade? and future of K Love? 

Post#1 » by zeemwolves » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:08 am

well it seems love isn't fitting in at cleveland, not playing much and the fans don't like him, whereas here Wiggins is loved by all, essential to the team getting the time needed to develop and i'd say he's loving it.

on the other hand, love is in the playoffs and is one of the favoured to win a title, something wiggin's future depends on just how talented the rising wolves really are which only time will tell

so based on their goals coming into the trade (love wanting a ring and wiggins wanting to grow as a player) who do you think walks away the winner?

plus i know this is no longer the place to talk about kevin but do you think he'd let go of cleveland in the summer? I'd say unless cleveland actually win or come very close to winning love won't stay...
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,947

Re: Who as a player won the summer trade? and future of K Love? 

Post#2 » by Klomp » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:04 pm

If we're only looking at the short term, sure you could make an argument that Love got what he wanted if he gets a ring. There are a lot of people in the league who have rings, but it doesn't define them as a player.

I think hands down this was Wiggins. This is his team. The trade was huge for his immediate development, while not sacrificing any long-term potential along the way.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
JimBreuer45
Freshman
And1: 21

Post#3 » by JimBreuer45 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:56 pm

The loser? Cleveland. Their impatience killed them. They should've waited a year, kept Wiggins, developed chemistry, then and added KL or another free agent next year.

Imagine. . .

PG - Irving.....Dellavedova
SG - Wiggins.....Miller
SF - James.....Marion
PF - Love.....Thompson
C - Verejao.....Perkins
JimBreuer45
Freshman
And1: 21

Post#4 » by JimBreuer45 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:02 pm

Players? Both won.

Wigg has his own identity and his own team that (in his words) he's very happy to be a part of. I doubt, two years out of high school, if he's worried about being on a contending team. This is the perfect fit for him.

I doubt Love has ever wakes up wishing he were back with the Wolves. Even if he isn't getting along w/ James, at least he's doing something he's never done; be on a legit title contender. AND, he has options after this to go play on any coast, any team he wishes.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves