ImageImageImage

@Portland 08/04/15

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Re: @Portland 08/04/15 

Post#21 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Apr 9, 2015 5:48 am

lol you don't give away 1st round picks to tank.

So, Flip wasn't trying to tank making that trade. That is for sure.
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#22 » by Killboard » Thu Apr 9, 2015 5:55 am

mercgold3 wrote:lol you don't give away 1st round picks to tank.

So, Flip wasn't trying to tank making that trade. That is for sure.

What you can try is play a guy you liked the last draft giving him a lot of minutes in a tanking season.

That's beyond this great tanked season, and IF the pick goes to Atlanta someday, will be with him probably out of his coach position.
What I want to say is that he did helluva job this year if his target was tanking once ricky was down the 5th game, and could be only worst than the great job did it by our meds.
Is KG knee ready to.be cutted?
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#23 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Apr 9, 2015 6:16 am

I'm worried about that trade. I'm sure Flip made that trade with his best intencions. He saw something in Payne. He provaly still thinks Payne has something.

But unfortunately the reality is, the guy so far didn't showed anything, i really don't see any potencial in him to be good. I really hope to be wrong.

But when a guy so tall, PF, C, can't even grab at least 5 rebounds per game in this last couple of weeks , playing more then 20 minutes a few times, something is wrong.

Also, i don't think Flip was with the idea of giving up a 1st round pick just for a role player.
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#24 » by Killboard » Thu Apr 9, 2015 6:23 am

mercgold3 wrote:I'm worried about that trade. I'm sure Flip made that trade with his best intencions. He saw something in Payne. He provaly still thinks Payne has something.

But unfortunately the reality is, the guy so far didn't showed anything, i really don't see any potencial in him to be good. I really hope to be wrong.

But when a guy so tall, PF, C, can't even grab at least 5 rebounds per game in this last couple of weeks , playing more then 20 minutes a few times, something is wrong.

I think it could be related to his approach to the game. He was playing for izzo who is a high intensity coach, then he came to play to the wolves which are a loser franchise in the middle of a tanking season. Motivation cant be emulated.
In top of that he probably is frustrated with his poor game. I hope he can use the off season to get ready mind and body, and start from the scratch again next season.
MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Post#25 » by MinneOOPalis » Thu Apr 9, 2015 6:44 am

I think Payne has a nice skill-set. He just seems like hes on the slow side so it will take some time. I have way more faith in him being a quality player then Bennett or Derrick Williams.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#26 » by Foye » Thu Apr 9, 2015 9:21 am

mercgold3 wrote:I'm worried about that trade. I'm sure Flip made that trade with his best intencions. He saw something in Payne. He provaly still thinks Payne has something.

Also, i don't think Flip was with the idea of giving up a 1st round pick just for a role player.

I'm still mad we gave away a protected first rounder. That 1st would be a highly valuable asset come draft time in case we want to move up or trade some of our players for someone better. :crazy:
sheefo13
Junior
And1: 79

Post#27 » by sheefo13 » Thu Apr 9, 2015 3:13 pm

Man I wish Shabazz wasn't out for the season. I feel like he would play PF and surprise a lot of people. Its enjoyable to see Wiggins and Lavine fill up the stat sheet, but I really miss Shabazz's energy at this point.
www.timberrebuilder.com
Like on Facebook, twitter, & Instagram @timberrebuilder
Rebuilding Wolves Fandom since 2004.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#28 » by Mattya » Thu Apr 9, 2015 3:22 pm

I'm glad Wiggins gets the calls he deserves finally. Refs finally respect him. I remember that dunk he had against PHX and Morris just hit him in the face and he still couldn't get a call.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,948

Post#29 » by Klomp » Thu Apr 9, 2015 4:26 pm

Klomp wrote:
NBACommissioner wrote:Flip is the tank king. 1st that trade for Garnett and then that trade for Payne.

False. I'll let you figure out why.

Since no one seems to be getting this, the reason it's false is

Spoiler:
the Payne trade came first
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#30 » by Krapinsky » Thu Apr 9, 2015 4:39 pm

The Payne trade is looking like a massive blunder right now. So is the Miami 1st for Young trade. Those two picks should have been able to net a player that would have been a real difference maker.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Re: Re: @Portland 08/04/15 

Post#31 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Apr 9, 2015 4:42 pm

Krapinsky wrote:The Payne trade is looking like a massive blunder right now. So is the Miami 1st for Young trade. Those two picks should have been able to net a player that would have been a real difference maker.

Don't remember me of that.

Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#32 » by Feilong » Thu Apr 9, 2015 4:54 pm

Krapinsky wrote:The Payne trade is looking like a massive blunder right now. So is the Miami 1st for Young trade. Those two picks should have been able to net a player that would have been a real difference maker.

Flip gave MIA's 1st when we could have given Bennett so
instead of having MIA 1st, our future 1st and Young
we have Bennett, Payne and Garnett.
You can also add Brewer to Flip's genius trades.
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,473

Post#33 » by guest81 » Thu Apr 9, 2015 5:58 pm

Feilong wrote:

Flip gave MIA's 1st when we could have given Bennett so
instead of having MIA 1st, our future 1st and Young
we have Bennett, Payne and Garnett.
You can also add Brewer to Flip's genius trades.

But we got Troy Daniels for Brewer. But then the Mo trade was good because we didn't want to be stuck paying Daniels guaranteed salary for next year, or something like that
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#34 » by Worm Guts » Thu Apr 9, 2015 6:02 pm

The Brewer and Mo Williams trades were irrelevant.
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,473

Post#35 » by guest81 » Thu Apr 9, 2015 6:19 pm

Worm Guts wrote:The Brewer and Mo Williams trades were irrelevant.

On the other hand it shows that Flip keep flip flopping his plan. Ok, you trade guys like Brewer and Williams to open up spots and time for younger guys, but then at the same time, are adamant about being against trading Kevin Martin, who you could argue, takes more time away from younger guys then Brewer or Mo. Doesn't make sense
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by Klomp » Thu Apr 9, 2015 6:19 pm

Pretty much
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#37 » by Worm Guts » Thu Apr 9, 2015 6:24 pm

guest81 wrote:

On the other hand it shows that Flip keep flip flopping his plan. Ok, you trade guys like Brewer and Williams to open up spots and time for younger guys, but then at the same time, are adamant about being against trading Kevin Martin, who you could argue, takes more time away from younger guys then Brewer or Mo. Doesn't make sense

Williams was a free agent, Brewer could be if he wanted to be. So they weren't going to be here next year, unlike Martin. Plus I don't think Brewer added much anyway, at least not when everyone is healthy.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#38 » by packforfreedom » Thu Apr 9, 2015 6:26 pm

Also Flip gave Brew the chance to play in the playoffs, which was a classy move.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by Klomp » Thu Apr 9, 2015 6:47 pm

guest81 wrote:

As Worm said, contracts play a big role into this.

NBACommissioner
Banned User
And1: 177

Post#40 » by NBACommissioner » Thu Apr 9, 2015 6:56 pm

MinneOOPalis wrote:I think Payne has a nice skill-set. He just seems like hes on the slow side so it will take some time. I have way more faith in him being a quality player then Bennett or Derrick Williams.

There's no way that Payne will be better than either of those guys. Bennett's skill set is leagues ahead of Payne's he just doesn't can't get anything going confidence wise do to his inconsistent minutes or his injuries. He looked really good the last game before he got injured again. There is definitely something up with Minnesota's medical staff because I would have been fully healthy with out pros treating me 2 weeks before Bennett. The NBA needs to do an audit or something on the Wolves medical staff because it's not fair for the players to have to put their careers in the hands of those clowns when every other pro around the league has quality trainers.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves