ImageImageImage

Flips Smooth Moves

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

LaViggins
Senior
And1: 140

Re: Flips Smooth Moves 

Post#61 » by LaViggins » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:21 pm

Was also thinking Flip could dangle the rights to Bjelica with one or both 2nds to get into the 1st to grab one solid prospect.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Re: Re: Flips Smooth Moves 

Post#62 » by Merc_Porto » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:33 pm

MinneOOPalis wrote:You guys who criticize Flip don't even have the facts straight.

1) Bennett had negative value. He was never in our long term plans

Bennett had negative value ? OK.
He was never in our long term plans ? How do you know that ?

Also, Flip would had sent Bennett to Philly if he was never part of our future plans. And he refused to that.

PS: If this story was true or not, i don't know.

MinneOOPalis wrote:
2) The Thad Young deal not only included the swap of pick + player, we also dumped two scrubs in Shved and Moute who were making 10 million total and a waste of two roster spots. Many of you choose to conveniently ignore this fact when you criticize the Thad Young deal.

This is B.S.

We dumped 2 expirings, that were easy to move. The main reason was not to dump Shved and Moute. So, that is not a big factor to do that trade. We trade for Thad Young because Flip saw in Thad a good player to replace K.Love. And i personal don't think Thad is a bad a player, i just think we gave away a 1st round pick for a type of player that we didn't need to play along side Pek.

MinneOOPalis wrote:
3) The Adrien Payne deal was almost necessary. Back then we had Bennett and Thad Young on the team, both players didnt have a future with us. There were no young PF's on our roster to grow with the team.

Never is necessary to trade for scrubs (my opinion of Payne).
Again, i think Flip did that trade because he tought Payne was a great prospect and our future PF. That doesn't mean i can't have an opinion that Bennett is younger and way better than Payne already. So, Bennett has more tools to grow that Payne. A lot of people thinks that.

So, saying that "The Adrien Payne deal was almost necessary" is :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

And even if Payne somehow becomes a solid player in NBA, we still overpaid for the guy at that particular moment. And btw, if the guy was/is soo good, why the Hawks trade him ? Is not like the Hawks have a great backups in frountcourt. My opinion ? They saw in Payne a guy to trade fast.

And again, i understand you guys can have the opinion to say that Payne needs time, he is a rookie, whatever.

What i can't underatand it's the fact that some of you said that Payne has showed being a better player than Bennett.

That is also B.S.

You have 3 points of B.S and lies (to defend Flip), and you get 3 and1. How easy is to get and1 on realgm, pretty easy :banghead:
PZiv
Veteran
And1: 828

Post#63 » by PZiv » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:35 pm

Payne was still judged by his college production, since the Atlanta Hawks team was loaded on his position(or it was a good way to say he didn't have enough minutes) and in their best interest was to make a smokescreen in order to trade him.
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#64 » by Merc_Porto » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:43 pm

C.lupus wrote:Yeah, he said this will be a big summer for Bennett and it will be a big summer for Payne. Bennett is playing for Canada and Payne will play in the summer league. Didn't say Bennett is gone.

He talk about what Payne needs to improve this summer whitout anyone ask him.
He also said he saw some flashes of what Payne can be.

And with Bennett he just said, it's going to be a big summer for him, period.

If this is not a sign that he prefers Payne over Bennett. No matter what they do this summer than i don't know.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#65 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:44 pm

LaViggins wrote:Was also thinking Flip could dangle the rights to Bjelica with one or both 2nds to get into the 1st to grab one solid prospect.

kinda dangerous though if bjelica can be a solid rotation player at the position we need the most help
LaViggins
Senior
And1: 140

Post#66 » by LaViggins » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:56 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
LaViggins wrote:Was also thinking Flip could dangle the rights to Bjelica with one or both 2nds to get into the 1st to grab one solid prospect.

kinda dangerous though if bjelica can be a solid rotation player at the position we need the most help

True I do like Bjelica. He has all around potential. I just dont know if his prime will be enough with a young Wiggins and Rubio to get to the playoffs/get far in the playoffs. I mean when Wiggs is 24, Bjelica will be 30, just think he would be more valuable to a team that is already a playoff lock. Depending on the team it would give us a chance at prospects like Trey Lyles, Bobby Portis, Tyus Jones, Kevon Looney, Devin Booker maybe even Dekker.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#67 » by C.lupus » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:11 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
C.lupus wrote:Yeah, he said this will be a big summer for Bennett and it will be a big summer for Payne. Bennett is playing for Canada and Payne will play in the summer league. Didn't say Bennett is gone.

He talk about what Payne needs to improve this summer whitout anyone ask him.
He also said he saw some flashes of what Payne can be.

And with Bennett he just said, it's going to be a big summer for him, period.

If this is not a sign that he prefers Payne over Bennett. No matter what they do this summer than i don't know.

Bennett is at a different place in his career than Payne. Bennett has had two underwhelming and injury-riddled years in the NBA. Payne has basically had half of one underwhelming season since there weren't minutes for him in Atlanta.
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#68 » by Feilong » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:17 am

Mattya wrote:Strength on defense was a huge problem this year. I don't get the problem.

Lack of strength is a problem, lack of experience is a problem.
But lot of players didn't know where to be, how to cover, how to block out, how to defend picks and rolls, how to cover transition defense etc. In one phrase lot of players looked lost on defense. Lost means they didn't know what to do. This is KNOWLEDGE. Knowledge means education.
And Flip saying STRENGTH was the main problem means he is clueless of how to solve the problem.
Strength isn't the main problem, nor is experience. Not having someone to show, teach you, explain to you what you should do is a much bigger problem. Then comes practicing the basics so you can do them mechanically and not thinking about them during the game.
Only then comes how physical you can be on defense.
If you don't know the basics of how to defend and where to be you will still be lost on defense no matter the amount of muscles you have.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#69 » by Mattya » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:28 am

Seems like nitpicking for things to complain about.
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#70 » by Feilong » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:36 am

Mattya wrote:Seems like nitpicking for things to complain about.

You are right, players being lost on defense is a trivial problem for a team. I thought defense is a major part of basketball and essential to win games. My bad.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#71 » by Mattya » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:42 am

Feilong wrote:
Mattya wrote:Seems like nitpicking for things to complain about.

You are right, players being lost on defense is a trivial problem for a team. I thought defense is a major part of basketball and essential to win games. My bad.

Maybe he considers that their defense might improve through experience. Just a thought. But go ahead. Make up some more things I didn't say so that you can complain some more.
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#72 » by Merc_Porto » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:06 am

Mattya wrote:
Maybe he considers that their defense might improve through experience.

Maybe he is wrong.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#73 » by Mattya » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:20 am

mercgold3 wrote:
Mattya wrote:

Maybe he is wrong.

Hold on do you actually believe that players can't improve on defense rotations through experience? Nevermind I don't care
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#74 » by packforfreedom » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:50 am

mercgold3 wrote:You have 3 points of B.S and lies (to defend Flip), and you get 3 and1. How easy is to get and1 on realgm, pretty easy :banghead:

seriously, what the f. is wrong with you?
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Re: Re: Re: Flips Smooth Moves 

Post#75 » by Merc_Porto » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:58 am

packforfreedom wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:You have 3 points of B.S and lies (to defend Flip), and you get 3 and1. How easy is to get and1 on realgm, pretty easy :banghead:

I'm just saying, the guy said a bunch of B.S and lies and he gets a buch of and1.

How easy is to get and1 on this board when you defend Flip ? Pretty easy.
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#76 » by Merc_Porto » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:01 am

Mattya wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:
Mattya wrote:

Maybe he is wrong.

Hold on do you actually believe that players can't improve on defense rotations through experience? Nevermind I don't care

Imo,
Experience is overrated.
I mean, i'm not saying they can't improve with experience, that helps too. But to think that experience is going to solve the players basics problems on defense is wrong.

There are way more important things to teach / learn before the experience or strength to improve defend.

Experience - you just need to play. And be smart.
Strenghth - you can improve that by yourself.

The other things that Feilong said - is a job for the coach to teach.

And Flip reffering that our main problem in our defense is/was lack of strength is another thing that i'm worried.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#77 » by packforfreedom » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:14 am

mercgold3 wrote:
packforfreedom wrote:

I'm just saying, the guy said a bunch of B.S and lies and he gets a buch of and1.

How easy is to get and1 on this board when you defend Flip ? Pretty easy.

do you actually realize that you are most unpopular poster on this board (besides guest81 and maybe nbacommissionar), because if someone doesn't agree with you, you don't argue, but act like a complete douche.
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Re: Re: Re: Re: Flips Smooth Moves 

Post#78 » by Merc_Porto » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:24 am

packforfreedom wrote:
do you actually realize that you are most unpopular poster on this board (besides guest81 and nbacommissionar), because if someone doesn't agree with you, you don't argue, but act like a complete douche.

Is this a popular contest ?

I mean, that post was with a bunch of lies and B.S.

-Payne was a necessary trade = his opinion, not a fact

-Bennett was never in our future plans = Lie

And i don't agree with him ?
I just said, dude you are lying to defend Flip.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#79 » by Mattya » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:42 am

mercgold3 wrote:
Mattya wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:
Maybe he is wrong.

Imo,
Experience is overrated.
I mean, i'm not saying they can't improve with experience, that helps too. But to think that experience is going to solve the players basics problems on defense is wrong.

There are way more important things to teach / learn before the experience or strength to improve defend.

Experience - you just need to play. And be smart.
Strenghth - you can improve that by yourself.

The other things that Feilong said - is a job for the coach to teach.

And Flip reffering that our main problem in our defense is/was lack of strength is another thing that i'm worried.

I shouldn't even have to point out the irony of you saying experience is overrated when you have been complaining for Bennett to get more time to improve. If experience is overrated why is there a direct correlation to NBA team age/experience to winning? Tell us what are these important things to teach that players don't even have to play a single minute on the court to be better defenders.
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Re: Re: Re: Re: Flips Smooth Moves 

Post#80 » by Merc_Porto » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:59 am

Mattya wrote:when you have been complaining for Bennett to get more time to improve.

-I'm complain for Bennett to get more minutes because is way better than the bust Payne. And he has more tools than Payne to grow. Younger too.
-Bennett imo needs consistent minutes with better players around him. His problem is confidence.

Mattya wrote:
If experience is overrated why is there a direct correlation to NBA team age/experience to winning?

Experience is overrated vs quality of the players.
Is not experience the big factor to win games, the big factor is and always was, quality of the players.
If you are not good, Doesn't matter how many experienece you earn.

Mattya wrote:Tell us what are these important things to teach that players don't even have to play a single minute on the court to be better defenders.

Lol i didn't say players don't need minutes. I said there are way more importants things to teach / train (as A coach) than saying that experience and streight are going to solve the main defensive problems of each player.

More important things than experience and streight:

Feilong quote:
"How to cover, how to block out, how to defend picks and rolls, how to cover transition defense etc."

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves