ImageImageImage

Steph curry- over it or still hurt?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

FargoWolf
Pro Prospect
And1: 395

Re: Steph curry- over it or still hurt? 

Post#21 » by FargoWolf » Wed May 6, 2015 7:21 pm

For me Curry is just the cherry on top of what was a horrific draft and also part of a string of absolutely horrific drafts by Kahn.

That whole Kahn era was such a trainwreck it is hard to be overly upset about any one single aspect of it.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#22 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed May 6, 2015 9:30 pm

I'm well over it, because what's the point? I like our core right now, though my opinion will vary greatly pending this upcoming draft.
GreatDane
Banned User
And1: 571

Post#23 » by GreatDane » Wed May 6, 2015 11:17 pm

Even if everyone knew Curry would become this kind of pro, I have no faith that Kahn would have actually took him. He thought he always knew something everyone else didn't.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#24 » by theGreatRC » Fri May 8, 2015 8:22 am

I can't be over something that never bugged me in the first place.

Would I have loved Curry? You bet your ass I would, but there was never any indication we were going to take him any way. What pisses me off is that we took Flynn after Rubio which has bothered many other Wolves fans over the years. Kahn wanted a PG while Rubio was still in Spain and actually believed him and Rubes would work in the back court. I hate David Kahn and his smug rat face so much.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
zeemwolves
Freshman
And1: 11

Post#25 » by zeemwolves » Sun May 10, 2015 4:08 pm

no use crying over a changed past, would've loved to have curry at minnesota but like people said no way anyone could've known... same thing goes for Kawhi who noone (including us) but the spurs saw something in him and we ended up with a no more than mediocre Dwill, in the end its many NBA teams faults along with a bit of luck that emphasize too much importance to PPGs and other stats and neglect some non-numeral and unmeasurable attributes, also its about how the team develops a player... do you think kawhi/curry would have been the same great players they are had they been drafted by the wolves??

also its nice to see our drafting picks have improved a lot in the past 2 years, Bazz, dieng, lavine who would've in retrospect went for much higher than they actually did...

but what I would like to ask, is if we did the love trade before Cavs picked wiggins, do you think the wolves would have also went for wiggins or ended up with Jabari/Embiid?
daboywonder2007
Junior
And1: 90

Post#26 » by daboywonder2007 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:47 pm

Just thought we should revisit this thread. Curry is playing out of his mind. Imagine steph on this team instead of rubio right now.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,947

Post#27 » by Klomp » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:07 pm

daboywonder2007 wrote:Just thought we should revisit this thread. Curry is playing out of his mind. Imagine steph on this team instead of rubio right now.

If Steph was still here, Kurt Rambis might still be here...
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
phonzadellika
Rookie
And1: 178

Post#28 » by phonzadellika » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:25 pm

Like many others, I was never bothered by passing on Steph. I was, however, very upset that we went with Flynn over DeRozan after drafting Rubio.

I am miffed now because every time we play the warriors I have to hear about about how we passed on Steph Curry. It's annoying.

Does Detroit still get crapped on for passing on Carmelo or Wade in favor of Darko everytime they play? I'm actually asking.
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,473

Post#29 » by guest81 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:41 pm

Klomp wrote:
daboywonder2007 wrote:Just thought we should revisit this thread. Curry is playing out of his mind. Imagine steph on this team instead of rubio right now.

If Steph was still here, Kurt Rambis might still be here...

as would Love and Khan
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#30 » by Takingbaconback » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:44 pm

Everytime I close my eyes I still see johnny flynns pearly whites
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#31 » by Worm Guts » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:44 pm

We could actually have both Rubio and Curry, we probably wouldn't have Towns or Wiggins though.
Reddy83
Sixth Man
And1: 403

Post#32 » by Reddy83 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:10 am

I was REALLY hoping to draft Curry after Rubio (who I thought would be the next superstar Pete Maravich type at the time). I actually thought Curry would be a good two guard, strangely enough. Then we took Flynn. I didn't know who he was -- then saw he was a PG. Then saw his height.

I actually talked myself into it anyway thinking he could be good. One thing I've learned since then, in today's NBA size means a lot despite other skill. Drafting undersized guys is just a bad idea. Kahn was horrible in every respect.

But, no, it's all good. We draft Curry and who knows what happens. I think our window is going to be huge with our roster, we are talking two decades if we hold onto Wiggins and Towns, so it's all good. :nod:
zDank
Sophomore
And1: 43

Post#33 » by zDank » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:15 am

i heard at one point that we had a trade in the works with SAC that would land us tyreke evans (4th pick) for Flynn (6th) and James Johnson (with our 18th) but JJ was selected at 16 and the trade fell thru so we drafted ty lawson instead and shipped him off.

i remember that draft i was actually hoping ricky would get picked before us and Harden would fall to us and when Harden was taken i want brandon jennings and derozen, i was also high on terrance williams at the time.

but hey things could've been worse, Thabeet could've been the one to fall to us.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves