Predicting Western Conference

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,473

Re: Predicting Western Conference 

Post#41 » by guest81 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 7:57 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:
dunkonu21 wrote:For some reason I can't resist making lists....

#1. Spurs- Aldridge and Parker Pick n Roll is too good and Kawhi should be in your guys' top ten list.

#2. GSW- Re-signed their glue in Green. Curry and Klay will be all time great shooters for another 8-10 years?

#3. Hou-The longer Harden and Dwight play together the better they will be. Best bench in the league?

#4. Memphis- They got the best center in the league with Conley both signed long-term. Brandan Wright signing is underrated and gives them needed athleticism.

#5. Dallas- I'm a Dirk homer so that partially explains it. Also, Cuban is clearly gonna fill in this team well.

#6. OKC- Potential to move-up if they upgrade the supporting cast. KD, Westbrook and Ibaka is still a top 5 trio.

#7. LAC- I think Blake Griffin is going to be an MVP candidate next year. PP gives them someone to shoot the game winner.

#8. NOP- AD is a beast and they re-signed key parts to their team in Asik and Ajinca. They barely beat Utah for this spot.

I truly don't see a way MN makes the playoffs. This is so rediculous LAC is the 7th seed and the best player in the league #8!?!?!?!

Who is the Clippers third best player? Who is the Clippers best defensive player? Without DJ, their defense is going to be so badly exposed.

NOP has been one of the worst defensive teams in the league with AD beasting. They haven't made any real changes to their roster, they are going to be the same old same old dysfunctional team that has no synergy.

If Minny can't finish with a better record than these two teams, I will be very disappointed.

Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are better then anything on the Wolves right now, come on now.

Alvin Gentry is also a very good coach that will help them big time. I would of love to have him coach the Wolves
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#42 » by NikolaPekovic » Sat Jul 4, 2015 8:31 pm

Screwy28 wrote:Do u guys like Martin off the bench or starting role? I think it might help if he comes off the bench as our primary scoring threat but might hurt our starting lineup depending on how well Lavine develops this summer

I like him as a starter. Rubio and Wiggins are going to be the primary penetrators so having Martin, KG, and Towns taking spot up shots will be best.

I also like have 2 ball handlers in the 2nd unit in Lavine and Jones. Even three if you count Bjelica. Our team is 10 man deep.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#43 » by FinnTheHuman » Sat Jul 4, 2015 8:36 pm

It seems to me that we will probably have a lot of disappointed fans next season. If I had to bet whether we have more or less than 30 wins next season, I'd definitely bet on less.

While we don't have injury prone players per se, we do have a lot of players who are more prone to the injuries than your average nba player. That will be one of the factors.

The other factor is inexperience. Maybe we will have a lot more close games this season than the last, but I am pretty sure that Lavine, Wiggins, Bazz and Dieng have almost no experience on how to win close NBA games consistently, while Jones and Towns have no nba experience whatsoever.

One more factor is the lack of chemistry. There are so many teams in the West with stable rosters, and chemistry is something that takes years to develop, so yeah, even tho we have a lot of talent, we will still need to wait for these guys to figure out how to use each other's potential to the fullest.

One more thing I am pretty sure of is that at least one of our young guys will not pan out. It's simply statistics. Maybe it's Dieng, maybe Bazz, maybe Lavine, but anybody who has 10+ years experience of following the nba closely enough knows that a lot of potential just doesn't pan out.

We'll see, time will tell whether I'm wrong, but there are a lot of justified reasons to think that we are not a playoff team in the West for the next season.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#44 » by Mattya » Sat Jul 4, 2015 8:46 pm

We are not going to be better than the Clippers. Come on now.
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#45 » by Takingbaconback » Sat Jul 4, 2015 10:11 pm

Still didn't answer who Clippers third best player is and who their best defender is.

This team especially Griffin is going to get exposed badly on defense while Wolves for the first time since prime KG will field a decent defensive team.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1397508#start_here

LOL Javale McGee
Mattya
RealGM

Post#46 » by Mattya » Sat Jul 4, 2015 10:45 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:Still didn't answer who Clippers third best player is and who their best defender is.

This team especially Griffin is going to get exposed badly on defense while Wolves for the first time since prime KG will field a decent defensive team.

LOL Javale McGee

Their 1st and 2nd best players are way better than our 1st and second best players right now. We won't have some special defense next year either. Towns is a rookie it will take him some time, and KG will be playing limited minutes and limited games. They are clearly better than us.
PZiv
Veteran
And1: 828

Post#47 » by PZiv » Sat Jul 4, 2015 10:49 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:Still didn't answer who Clippers third best player is and who their best defender is.

LOL Javale McGee

Well seems like they have to resort to the scrapyard, wouldn't be surprised if Brandon Bass is the next name. If Lance busts there, he's taking Clippers with them.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#48 » by Mattya » Sat Jul 4, 2015 10:50 pm

Clippers won 56 games last year. They added Paul Pierce who we saw in the playoff still hitting clutch shots. They lost DeAndre Jordon and it will make their defense a lot worse, but the Wolves had a worse defensive rotation when Love and Pek were here together and they still won 40 games. The Clippers have way more talent than that team.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#49 » by Worm Guts » Sat Jul 4, 2015 10:53 pm

Jordan is overrated defensively anyway
Takingbaconback
Head Coach

Post#50 » by Takingbaconback » Sat Jul 4, 2015 11:03 pm

Worm Guts wrote:Jordan is overrated defensively anyway

Wrong on so many levels.
Takingbaconback
Head Coach

Post#51 » by Takingbaconback » Sat Jul 4, 2015 11:04 pm

Mattya wrote:Clippers won 56 games last year. They added Paul Pierce who we saw in the playoff still hitting clutch shots. They lost DeAndre Jordon and it will make their defense a lot worse, but the Wolves had a worse defensive rotation when Love and Pek were here together and they still won 40 games. The Clippers have way more talent than that team.

So who is their third best player and who is their best defensive player? JJ Redick and ? They lost Matt Barnes too right?
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#52 » by Worm Guts » Sat Jul 4, 2015 11:04 pm

He's not a top 5 defensive center.
Takingbaconback
Head Coach

Post#53 » by Takingbaconback » Sat Jul 4, 2015 11:04 pm

Worm Guts wrote:He's not a top 5 defensive center.
Takingbaconback
Head Coach

Post#54 » by Takingbaconback » Sat Jul 4, 2015 11:05 pm

Who are ahead of him? Gobert and then who
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#55 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Jul 4, 2015 11:08 pm

I believe we can make the playoffs.
The most important things is HEALTH.

But we have to start counting with the Lakers too.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#56 » by Worm Guts » Sat Jul 4, 2015 11:11 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:

Who are ahead of him? Gobert and then who

There's 14 centers with a better defensive RPM and the Clippers were mediocre defensively as a team.
Quentin
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,205

Post#57 » by Quentin » Sat Jul 4, 2015 11:35 pm

Note30 wrote:
Takingbaconback wrote:
Sugarless wrote:
Wow. :o

I feel like there aren't as many elite players with Dirk/Kobe/Duncan falling out. If AD is in top 10, I feel like Wiggins can be there too.

Who is in the top 10 anyways? :O

In relative order

1. LeBron
2. Curry
3. KD
4. Anthony Davis
5. Marc Gasol
6. Russell Westbroook
7. Chris Paul
8. Blake Griffin
9. DeMarcus Cousins
10. LaMarcus Aldrige
11. Grudgingly VERY GRUDINGLY James Harden **** this guy

You know what you might be on to something. This is a pretty **** top 11.

All of the players listed are either Bigs or players with incredible ball skills who also bring the ball up the court. Right now, Wiggins is neither. He has got to work on his handles if he is going to have any chance to be a top 10 player. Relying on other guys to get him the ball just isn't going to work.
I hang out here and mnrubecentral
Mattya
RealGM

Post#58 » by Mattya » Sat Jul 4, 2015 11:44 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:
Mattya wrote:Clippers won 56 games last year. They added Paul Pierce who we saw in the playoff still hitting clutch shots. They lost DeAndre Jordon and it will make their defense a lot worse, but the Wolves had a worse defensive rotation when Love and Pek were here together and they still won 40 games. The Clippers have way more talent than that team.

So who is their third best player and who is their best defensive player? JJ Redick and ? They lost Matt Barnes too right?

Why are you so obsessed with their third best players when their 1st and 2nd best players are significantly better than ours?
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,473

Post#59 » by guest81 » Sun Jul 5, 2015 1:47 am

Takingbaconback wrote:

Redick scored 17 a game on 47% shooting. Are you trying to say he's a scrub?
yojimbo
Sophomore
And1: 28

Post#60 » by yojimbo » Sun Jul 5, 2015 2:10 am

Clips' best defender is maybe league's best perimeter defender, ie Chris Paul. We will not be surpassing them yet.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves