ImageImageImage

14/15 Local Broadcasting Crew Rankings (Timberwolves ranked 2nd)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Re: 14/15 Local Broadcasting Crew Rankings (Timberwolves ranked 2nd) 

Post#21 » by King Malta » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:24 am

As someone who's used to a sporting environment (Australian and some Europeon/UK sports channels) where the commentary teams are largely abject and provide no 'Local Broadcasting' crews, I find the TWolves crew to be pretty good, and I enjoy our coverage quite a bit.

I agree that Dave Benz isn't the best play-by-play guy I've ever witnessed (there are heaps worse though) but Jim Pete is absolutely fantastic. Marney Gellner doesn't move me one way or the other, but she's not terrible. As mentioned above though, the comments about her in that article are pretty messed up.
Kiwi Wolf
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Kiwi Wolf » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:29 pm

They do a good job, not too bad ,quite like them. Had pleasure one year listing to Cavs one they were ****. Comments about Marney are messed up as hell.
Wolf_Cry
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,378

Post#23 » by Wolf_Cry » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:26 am

Jim Petersen is by far the best in the business. He seems like the only guy in the business to use and understand analytics. Worst crew is Cleveland. Homer, provides no insight, and makes fun of other team's player for no reason at all. They were being racist towards Dieng when we played at Cleveland last season. Terrible crew.
mandurugo
Starter
And1: 231

Post#24 » by mandurugo » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:45 pm

Don't care for Jim Peterson, he plays favorites and colors his commentary accordingly. Of course this is pretty common in announcers and he's far from the worst, but I've never particularly enjoyed his work (I do agree he has gotten a bit better over time). Benz brings nothing to the table. Gellner I've never really noticed, though I hate the inane half-time question that has become the norm in all sports broadcasts. Of course, if you had the chance to hear Harlan and McHale, you are like me and ruined for all other commentating teams.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves