10. the field.
4%

Total votes: 51

southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Re: Who will be the Rookie of the Year? 

Post#21 » by southern wolf » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:34 am

theGreatRC wrote:I like Stanley Johnson a lot. The way he moves on the court just looks like he belongs in this league.

Of course I gotta go with our guy big KAT though

Yeah, I think Johnson's going to be right up there in ROY consideration.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,246

Post#22 » by Murphs56 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:28 am

I think Towns is going to get better as the season progresses. His 2nd half numbers will be a lot better than his first half. I still see him finishing 3rd to Okafor and Mudiay. He'll be the best of the 3 though
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Post#23 » by Klomp » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:19 am

Murphs56 wrote:I think Towns is going to get better as the season progresses. His 2nd half numbers will be a lot better than his first half. I still see him finishing 3rd to Okafor and Mudiay. He'll be the best of the 3 though

Agreed, I think his growth will be much like Wiggins' this past season.

Plus, we have a barometer of where our defense was last season. If there's great improvement, Towns will be credited for much of it in the media and in the casual NBA public.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Murphs56
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by Murphs56 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:43 am

Klomp wrote:
Murphs56 wrote:I think Towns is going to get better as the season progresses. His 2nd half numbers will be a lot better than his first half. I still see him finishing 3rd to Okafor and Mudiay. He'll be the best of the 3 though

Agreed, I think his growth will be much like Wiggins' this past season.

Plus, we have a barometer of where our defense was last season. If there's great improvement, Towns will be credited for much of it in the media and in the casual NBA public.

I think Wiggins is just excited Towns is on the team to speak. Towns loves to talk, Wiggins seems to not like it much lol
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by Klomp » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:57 am

Murphs56 wrote:I think Wiggins is just excited Towns is on the team to speak. Towns loves to talk, Wiggins seems to not like it much lol

This is something I definitely agree with. Towns will be the team's go-to as far as media appearances, and Wiggins will be perfectly fine with it.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Murphs56
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by Murphs56 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:01 am

Klomp wrote:
Murphs56 wrote:I think Wiggins is just excited Towns is on the team to speak. Towns loves to talk, Wiggins seems to not like it much lol

This is something I definitely agree with. Towns will be the team's go-to as far as media appearances, and Wiggins will be perfectly fine with it.

It's the perfect situation for the team honestly and why it could work long-term. Westbrook and Durant have clashed over the years because they both have such outspoken personalities. Wiggins is more than happy to let Towns be the speaker
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by Klomp » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:36 pm

Klomp wrote:
Basti wrote:I love KAT and want him to succeed obviously but I really don't see him as a potential ROY candidate. I reckon he won't be scoring enough to be a contender.

I'm not so sure.

The only starter who is for sure ahead of him in the pecking order is Wiggins. Towns getting 15-18 ppg isn't unrealistic to me, now that LaVine was moved into the starting lineup. He will also have the all-around game (rebounds, blocks) Okafor will not, as well as potentially a more successful team.

He may not start out at the top, but I think we'll see a consistency and an evolution of his game that could catapult him to the top.

Thank you to MadWolfSkillz for And1ing this post, and reminding me how spot-on I was.

Maybe I know more about this franchise than some of you give me credit for... 8-)

NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#28 » by NewWolvesOrder » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:00 pm

Klomp wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Basti wrote:I love KAT and want him to succeed obviously but I really don't see him as a potential ROY candidate. I reckon he won't be scoring enough to be a contender.

I'm not so sure.

The only starter who is for sure ahead of him in the pecking order is Wiggins. Towns getting 15-18 ppg isn't unrealistic to me, now that LaVine was moved into the starting lineup. He will also have the all-around game (rebounds, blocks) Okafor will not, as well as potentially a more successful team.

He may not start out at the top, but I think we'll see a consistency and an evolution of his game that could catapult him to the top.

Thank you to MadWolfSkillz for And1ing this post, and reminding me how spot-on I was.

Maybe I know more about this franchise than some of you give me credit for... 8-)

I bet you edited your post before the bump :lol:
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,374

Post#29 » by Calinks » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:06 pm

LOL.

I don't think anyone thought thought he would be this dam good from day one.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#30 » by Mattya » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:11 pm

This rookie class has so many quality players. Even before that draft I loved so many prospects, even had to try and talk myself down from a few, but even then this class far outperformed expectations. It is nice to come out with the gem of the draft that is for sure.
RationalGaze
Junior
And1: 63

Post#31 » by RationalGaze » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:42 am

Otis wrote:Lots of good choices here with Mudiay expected to start in Denver and Okafor in Philly as the possible first options on their teams. KAT will get his hot as well. Russell will have to fight Kobe and the rest of the Lakers guards for touches. I picked Winslow over Kaminsky for the 9th spot. Post what you think.

Personally hoping for two Wolves in a row!

Towns

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves