ImageImageImage

Trailblazers @ Wolves, 7:00pm CST

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Cyborg21
General Manager
And1: 368

Re: Trailblazers @ Wolves, 7:00pm CST 

Post#121 » by Cyborg21 » Sun Dec 6, 2015 3:47 am

I wish someone would yell at Bjelica to shoot the ball and shoot 3s. I mean, what the heck is he doing out there? Looks invisible.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,648

Post#122 » by Calinks » Sun Dec 6, 2015 3:48 am

You guys are a bunch of blind fanboys if you think the players had little or nothing to do with blowing this game. I guess its easier to scream Sam's name in vain but those players on the court let you down just as much as anything Sam did. No excuse for that third quarter.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,247

Post#123 » by Murphs56 » Sun Dec 6, 2015 3:49 am

NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Calinks wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:Smitch can't coach for ****. I don't get how anybody can support this clown. He literally knows NOTHING about basketball. My brain hurts from all the dumb decisions he makes. Just get a real coach right now, fire the guy and get it over with.

Yea he knows nothing.

So was Mike Brown. And where's he now? What about Scott? I heard Lakers fans rave about him.

Avery Johnson is a good one
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,214

Post#124 » by GopherIt! » Sun Dec 6, 2015 3:50 am

The Lizard King torched our soft parade defense and broke on through to the other side. The end.
Cyborg21
General Manager
And1: 368

Post#125 » by Cyborg21 » Sun Dec 6, 2015 3:51 am

Calinks wrote:You guys are a bunch of blind fanboys if you think the players had little or nothing to do with blowing this game. I guess its easier to scream Sam's name in vain but those players on the court let you down just as much as anything Sam did. No excuse for that third quarter.

Yep, they just let the Blazers come back in it and take the lead. At some point you have to just do it as players. Not Sam's fault. If they make shots when they needed to, nobody would be talking about Sam right now. This game was on the players 100%. Bench and Wiggins let the team down big time.
FargoWolf
Pro Prospect
And1: 395

Post#126 » by FargoWolf » Sun Dec 6, 2015 3:54 am

Sorry but Sam is getting some blame when he took out KAT on the most crucial defensive play of the game. The team played like garbage and lost a big lead, I get that but Sam continues to show he has no business being an NBA head coach. I am tired of it.

Also isn't this the 5th game where the team has blown a large lead and lost...That is a disturbing trend and it has me looking at the head coach.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#127 » by FinnTheHuman » Sun Dec 6, 2015 3:57 am

No, the whole point guard Lavine project let us down, and nothing else. That's all on Sam. It's just that you accepted the unacceptable and you roll with it, blaming the players who can't execute in a system that was doomed to fail because Lavine CAN'T organize a decent offense.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#128 » by King Malta » Sun Dec 6, 2015 3:58 am

Calinks wrote:Of course its all Sam Mitchels fault. Players have no responsibility.

Unless we win, then it was all the players.
FargoWolf
Pro Prospect
And1: 395

Post#129 » by FargoWolf » Sun Dec 6, 2015 4:03 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FycGMTUf2Dk[/youtube]
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#130 » by Merc_Porto » Sun Dec 6, 2015 4:05 am

I mean, Portland is with a better record than us.

Only if we had Terry Stotts.

Lets Imagine an average coach with this roster, just an average coach...

It's just one more season, just one more season and this guy (hopefully) is gone for good (at least from the HC job)
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Re: RE: Re: Trailblazers @ Wolves, 7:00pm CST 

Post#131 » by Merc_Porto » Sun Dec 6, 2015 4:07 am

FargoWolf wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FycGMTUf2Dk[/youtube]

GTFO
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#132 » by LordBaldric » Sun Dec 6, 2015 4:23 am

Not only is Smitch a terrible coach, he's also a total ***hole.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,156

Post#133 » by Klomp » Sun Dec 6, 2015 4:33 am

He is 100% absolutely correct. If you watched the game, you would know that.

It was a TERRIBLE question by the reporter, this coming from a fellow sports reporter. If I was in Mitchell's shoes, I'd have answered the same way.

The problem too many in this state have is a hard-on for KAT that they fail to see simple things like who is on the court. Portland CLEARLY subbed in a small lineup, and KAT would've been left guarding Aminu. The question shouldn't have been why sub in Prince for Towns, but rather why sub out Towns and not Dieng. I think there would've been a more civil response from Mitchell, and it would at least show that the reporter was actually watching the game.

Going small was absolutely the right move, but I do question leaving Dieng as the center over Towns.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#134 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Dec 6, 2015 4:35 am

Wiggins sucked ass in the second half. LaVine was off. These are our closers and they let us down tonight. And Smitch was his usual self.
Maefteda
Sixth Man
And1: 575

Post#135 » by Maefteda » Sun Dec 6, 2015 5:18 am

Klomp wrote:

It was a TERRIBLE question by the reporter, this coming from a fellow sports reporter. If I was in Mitchell's shoes, I'd have answered the same way.

The problem too many in this state have is a hard-on for KAT that they fail to see simple things like who is on the court. Portland CLEARLY subbed in a small lineup, and KAT would've been left guarding Aminu. The question shouldn't have been why sub in Prince for Towns, but rather why sub out Towns and not Dieng. I think there would've been a more civil response from Mitchell, and it would at least show that the reporter was actually watching the game.

Going small was absolutely the right move, but I do question leaving Dieng as the center over Towns.

What do you think happens on that play if Towns is playing instead of Prince?

The NBA has changed since Mitchell was the coach of the year. Golden State guarded Tony Allen with Andrew Bogut in the playoffs last year. I'm not as mad at Smitch as most people on here seem to be, but the one thing that annoys me is how he is sticking to positions.

Having Wiggins guard Aminu while McCollum is torching KMart doesn't seem smart. I get that Aminu had 16 PTS today, but a lot of those came because he was left wide open because Wiggins had to overhelp on the McCollum/Martin matchup.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,156

Post#136 » by Klomp » Sun Dec 6, 2015 5:31 am

Maefteda wrote:What do you think happens on that play if Towns is playing instead of Prince?

The NBA has changed since Mitchell was the coach of the year. Golden State guarded Tony Allen with Andrew Bogut in the playoffs last year.

Al-Farouq Aminu is nowhere near the Tony Allen level, offensively.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#137 » by Nitroglycerin » Sun Dec 6, 2015 8:40 am

I think people are forgetting Wiggins and Towns are only 20. And the team is young as a whole.

Meltdowns are gonna happen. That will be fixed with experience. I think people expecting Wiggins and Towns to carry this team to the playoffs is asking too much. Im the same age as them and I cant imagine how they handle the pressure they have right now

My point is, missing the playoffs this season wont be a failure like others are stressing. They played well the first half. KAT played well. And when things all went wrong they still had a chance at the end.

We need patience. I know some of you endured the whole playoff drought and futility. But this group has promise. Im really excited. I have faith that this will be all worth it
Trust the PRosas!
Zeitgeister
General Manager
And1: 5,878

Post#138 » by Zeitgeister » Sun Dec 6, 2015 9:27 am

Klomp wrote:

Come on, read between the lines. I'd be very surprised if the underlying point of the question that was asked wasn't related to Sam Mitchell favoring Dieng over Towns late in games, I think that's pretty clearly the issue. Reporters have been asking Sam why Towns hasn't been getting more minutes lately and he's been getting snippy with them about it.

As to the loss of this game, no I'm not putting it on Sam much at all. Lavine and Wiggins couldn't do much offensively tonight so we were pretty punchless. Our offense really stagnated in the second half and the Blazers were outpacing us a bit by hitting three pointers. I just thought it was funny that Sam would put our best defensive player on the bench but leave in Gorgui Dieng for a defensive possession.
Lenin wrote: All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake "public opinion" for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.
Adenusi
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#139 » by Adenusi » Sun Dec 6, 2015 10:27 am

Team is too young and inconsistent to probably make the playoffs. We should ride tank commander Sam to a top ten pick, hopefully hire a new coach next year and balance this roster out more so LaVine isn't playing the majority of his minutes at PG.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#140 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sun Dec 6, 2015 10:49 am

When I saw how that played out, I definitely wished that was Towns in there instead of Prince. I also wished Rubio didn't pressure Lillard 40 feet from the rim and that Dieng didn't play the wrong side of the pick.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves