ImageImageImage

Wolves vs Clippers GT

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Cyborg21
General Manager
And1: 368

Re: Wolves vs Clippers GT 

Post#201 » by Cyborg21 » Tue Dec 8, 2015 4:19 am

The big question coming out of this game is.........why is Martin playing at all?? LaVine needs 30+ MPG.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,334

Post#202 » by Calinks » Tue Dec 8, 2015 4:21 am

I still believe Martin is just in a horrendous slump and he will work his way out of it eventually.

Still RIP me picking him +/- anytime soon.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,530

Post#203 » by Note30 » Tue Dec 8, 2015 4:33 am

If KG were the same age as Rubio we'd be in the Finals next year. That dunk was nasty.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#204 » by King Malta » Tue Dec 8, 2015 4:38 am

Note30 wrote:If KG were the same age as Rubio we'd be in the Finals next year. That dunk was nasty.

Thought I'd fallen in the hot tub time machine for a second there.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#205 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue Dec 8, 2015 4:39 am

Sam deserves no blame for that inbounds play other than choosing to have zach inbound. Zach never inbounds the ball.There was no way he was going to make the proper read.

I will blame sam for not reminding the kids in the huddle about not fouling off the ball with less than 2 minutes left.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#206 » by AQuintus » Tue Dec 8, 2015 4:44 am

That's the first time I've seen the new no fouling off ball rule, and I have to say that it's incredibly stupid. It doesn't speed up the game at all, and it doesn't stop the game from becoming a foul fest at the end, since the teams will still be shooting FTs. All it does is protect certain players from having to learn a basic basketball skill while making it much harder for teams to stage a comeback.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#207 » by AQuintus » Tue Dec 8, 2015 4:47 am

King Malta wrote:At what point does anyone outside of the coach become accountable for anything on this team?

LaVine is accountable for the bad pass, and Wiggins is accountable for not getting open and not catching the bad pass, but it's Mitchell's job as the head coach to put his players in the best position to succeed, and he didn't do so on that play call.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,943

Post#208 » by Klomp » Tue Dec 8, 2015 4:53 am

AQuintus wrote:
King Malta wrote:At what point does anyone outside of the coach become accountable for anything on this team?

LaVine is accountable for the bad pass, and Wiggins is accountable for not getting open and not catching the bad pass, but it's Mitchell's job as the head coach to put his players in the best position to succeed, and he didn't do so on that play call.

So by that logic, the coach is always at fault?

You just said so yourself that the players were accountable for poor execution, so how do you know they weren't in the best position to succeed? It could've been the best play call ever, but we won't know because the players didn't execute.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#209 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Dec 8, 2015 4:57 am

AQuintus wrote:That's the first time I've seen the new no fouling off ball rule, and I have to say that it's incredibly stupid. It doesn't speed up the game at all, and it doesn't stop the game from becoming a foul fest at the end, since the teams will still be shooting FTs. All it does is protect certain players from having to learn a basic basketball skill while making it much harder for teams to stage a comeback.

That last "couple minutes" was brutal. I'd rather just not have to see any of that in any iteration. Yes, I'd definitely be fine with telling a team that couldn't pull it off in the previous 47 minutes "too bad". An impromptu game of HORSE from the free throw line at the end of every close game - I will never stop despising that.

PS its KG. Did anybody post it yet? Is somebody posting it right now as I type this?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS2m_QM7Ex4[/youtube]
FargoWolf
Pro Prospect
And1: 395

Post#210 » by FargoWolf » Tue Dec 8, 2015 4:58 am

Klomp wrote:
AQuintus wrote:

You just said so yourself that the players were accountable for poor execution, so how do you know they weren't in the best position to succeed? It could've been the best play call ever, but we won't know because the players didn't execute.

The play was a trainwreck because everyone knew where it was going. If a player with a higher basketball IQ was inbounding the ball perhaps it could have been averted once everything broke down because other players were open.

So Sam should have had somebody else inbound the ball, somebody capable of doing it and thus put his team in a better opportunity for success if the play broke down. This isn't difficult.
tpickles
Sophomore
And1: 36

Post#211 » by tpickles » Tue Dec 8, 2015 4:59 am

What happened to Karl's face? There's a tape on it. Didn't watch the game.
King Malta
Starter

Post#212 » by King Malta » Tue Dec 8, 2015 5:02 am

FargoWolf wrote:
Klomp wrote:
AQuintus wrote:

The play was a trainwreck because everyone knew where it was going. If a player with a higher basketball IQ was inbounding the ball perhaps it could have been averted once everything broke down because other players were open.

So Sam should have had somebody else inbound the ball, somebody capable of doing it and thus put his team in a better opportunity for success if the play broke down. This isn't difficult.

So you're giving Zach a pass on making a pretty straight forward adjustment because his BBIQ isn't as high as others, just how stupid do you think Zach is? If he's the kind of guy that is never going to be able to read and adjust to a situation like that then we might as well just give up on him ever being an effective guard at this level.
FargoWolf
Pro Prospect
And1: 395

Post#213 » by FargoWolf » Tue Dec 8, 2015 5:05 am

King Malta wrote:
So you're giving Zach a pass on making is a pretty straight forward adjustment because his BBIQ isn't as high as others, just how stupid do you think Zach is? If he's the kind of guy that is never going to be able to read and adjust to a situation like that then we might as well just give up on him ever being an effective guard at this level.

Zach is getting better but I still wouldn't trust him in that situation just yet. Doesn't mean I think he is an idiot, just that there are other more capable players that can handle that situation if things break down.

He did screw up, it is on him but is also on Sam for putting him in that situation. As a coach you can control who inbouds the ball last time I checked.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#214 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Dec 8, 2015 5:06 am

Klomp wrote:
AQuintus wrote:

Actually it's my fault. I broke the dam.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Wolves vs Clippers GT 

Post#215 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue Dec 8, 2015 5:07 am

King Malta wrote:
FargoWolf wrote:
Klomp wrote:So by that logic, the coach is always at fault?

So you're giving Zach a pass on making a pretty straight forward adjustment because his BBIQ isn't as high as others, just how stupid do you think Zach is? If he's the kind of guy that is never going to be able to read and adjust to a situation like that then we might as well just give up on him ever being an effective guard at this level.

I think it's pretty clear that zach lacks any kind of bbiq. Hes shown it time and time. Zach is great at many things but seeing the court is not one of them. He isn't as bad as payne, but he's right there.

If zach were a qb, hed basically be jamarcus russell as far as decision making goes.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,943

Post#216 » by Klomp » Tue Dec 8, 2015 5:10 am

FargoWolf wrote:He did screw up, it is on him but is also on Sam for putting him in that situation.

Fair point.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,530

Post#217 » by Note30 » Tue Dec 8, 2015 5:10 am

tpickles wrote:What happened to Karl's face? There's a tape on it. Didn't watch the game.

He got a scratch in practice
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
King Malta
Starter

Post#218 » by King Malta » Tue Dec 8, 2015 5:16 am

FargoWolf wrote:
King Malta wrote:
So you're giving Zach a pass on making is a pretty straight forward adjustment because his BBIQ isn't as high as others, just how stupid do you think Zach is? If he's the kind of guy that is never going to be able to read and adjust to a situation like that then we might as well just give up on him ever being an effective guard at this level.

Zach is getting better but I still wouldn't trust him in that situation just yet. Doesn't mean I think he is an idiot, just that there are other more capable players that can handle that situation if things break down.

He did screw up, it is on him but is also on Sam for putting him in that situation. As a coach you can control who inbouds the ball last time I checked.

That's all I'm saying really.

Proportion the blame accross everyone at fault, not just Smitch
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#219 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue Dec 8, 2015 5:25 am

On a plus note, I think Bazzy looked fantastic out there. He brought a lot of energy. I hope Sam doesnt bury him again.

Wiggs is either hurt again or worn out. He looks really tired out there, you can tell because his jumpers are falling short and barely hitting the rim or he overcompensating by shooting it too hard. He isnt absorbing nor going through contact anymore. I dont know if its the switch back to SF, but teams are hitting him hard and he isnt bouncing back as fast anymore.
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#220 » by LordBaldric » Tue Dec 8, 2015 5:52 am

The Wolves are on a good course, generally. The Vikings have a much bigger possible Teddy Bridgewater problem....

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves