Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Re: Game Thread @San Antonio 

Post#261 » by Sugarless » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:34 am

urinesane wrote:
Foye wrote:
urinesane wrote:You're not their boss, client, or colleague. You are a fan:

Actually, you are wrong. Plenty of clubs in Europe (even though less than before among the most prominent) belong to their fans, who are active partners of the entity and decide matters like who presides the club, if there should be an investment on a new stadium, training grounds, etc.
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#262 » by LesGrossman » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:43 am

urinesane wrote:
Foye wrote:
urinesane wrote:
Those fans are assh*les, plain and simple.

Treating someone like that over a game is stupid. It's a sign of people that have nothing else going on in their lives, so they cling to the idea that they are somehow part of the team. That somehow a professional team being successful is somehow their success as well (and failures too).

I don't necessarily agree with this. They are just more passionate about their team than an average American fan.
Now, I don't support violence at all. Whether it's against your own team or the opposing team violence is never the right thing.
But sometimes millionaire players need to be reminded that there are thousands of fans behind them paying good money to watch them. I can understand the frustration if fans come to support their team and they play like they don't give a damn. So I have no problem if they call them out after playing like horse sh*t even if it's curses.
If you perform poorly in your job your boss, collegues or clients will call you out, too. Same story it is in the soccer business only that the environment is maybe a bit rougher but these players knew that when choosing their job and they are paid millions as a compensation for it.

You're not their boss, client, or colleague. You are a fan:

A fan, or fanatic, sometimes also called aficionado or supporter, is a person who is enthusiastically devoted to something or somebody, such as a band, a sports team, a genre, a book, a movie or an entertainer.

If you had fans at whatever the hell it is you do for a living, you had a bad day, and they sh*t all over you, it wouldn't be fun. They're millionaires though, so f*ck em right? They ain't people.

Thats a poor analogy. These kids wouldnt play basketball without fans obviously. Its not like their owners hire them out of love for the game. If you want to make an analogy, then see the fan as the customer, the owner as the employer, players and coaches as empoyees. If a customer is unhappy with an employee's performance he will voice his opinion. If the service he paid for is of high cost/value, he will be more expressive in voicing his opinion. If you pay millions per year to an employee and he fails to deliver you have every right to express your irritation (not talking about violence).
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#263 » by Dewey » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:16 pm

urinesane wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:My team (football) coach just arriving to the airoport from London after an horrible lost ...

This was just a few weeks ago.

https://youtu.be/-oRMT-qosvM :D

Treating someone like that over a game is stupid. It's a sign of people that have nothing else going on in their lives, so they cling to the idea that they are somehow part of the team. That somehow a professional team being successful is somehow their success as well (and failures too).

ya I always find it ironic how these types of people need to group up ... you'd never see them pulling it off one-on-one cause they'd fear the reality of a serious beatdown. Mere picketers who can't walk the walk so they try to talk the talk in a "group" settting.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Re: RE: Re: Game Thread @San Antonio 

Post#264 » by Merc_Porto » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:28 pm

Dewey wrote:
urinesane wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:My team (football) coach just arriving to the airoport from London after an horrible lost ...

This was just a few weeks ago.

https://youtu.be/-oRMT-qosvM :D

ya I always find it ironic how these types of people need to group up ... you'd never see them pulling it off one-on-one cause they'd fear the reality of a serious beatdown. Mere picketers who can't walk the walk so they try to talk the talk in a "group" settting.

Please, that group of fans or some of them are probably some of the most loyal fans you can get, they follow the team from London to Japan, they also make sacrifices to support the team in every place in the world.

The circumstances of that protest at 3:30 am weren't because only one game btw.
ensiferum
Senior
And1: 231

Post#265 » by ensiferum » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:29 pm

urinesane wrote:[

Paying money to people playing a sport doesn't give you the right to throw things at them or yell threats/insults at them. They are just people.

The lack of human decency from foreign fans is alarming. Show some respect for your teams, tradition isn't an excuse to get violent over a game and have a temper tantrum when they struggle.

Yeah, I'm the disrespectful one, because I don't base my hopes and dreams on millionaires paid to play a game. I have tons of Wolves merchandise and I watch their games...but guess what? THEY OWE ME NOTHING.

If you actually cared about your teams you wouldn't start a riot every time something doesn't go your way.

Grow up.

Who is talking about throwing stuff at players. I'm talking about being pasionate, or being pissed off when your team loses. You said that you don't understand why there is so many people complaining and whining, this is just an entertainment.

The lack of your understanding is amazing. I can understand that to you, the teams you support are merely something you enjoy in your spare time and don't care about that much. I DO understand you. Can you understand that over here, teams represent the people, the land, and without diehard fans there would be A LOT of teams that wouldn't exist today?

You are mixing the violent people that uses sport as an excuse to behave like an animal with the rest of the people that enjoy the chanting, that loves and are passionate of their team.

Stop with your comments about how the europeans lack human decency, when you are the ones carring guns everywhere and your police solves a simple problem shooting at black people. YOu see? I know too how to make stupid comments. You can't tell anyone how we should live or passion about a team, mainly when you tell that to people posting on a forum, not throwing rocks at target center from overseas.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#266 » by C.lupus » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:28 pm

When I'm getting multiple reported posts, it's time to lock the thread. Well done everyone. :roll:

European sports, particularly that one where they kick the ball around, has a different tradition than American sports. Neither is better than the other, just different. The NBA is not European soccer and never will be . The fan support is shown differently and the coaches are treated differently. That is not going to change. Crying about it and arguing over which system is better is stupid and an exercise in futility.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves