Thunder vs Wolves (1/27)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Re: Thunder vs Wolves (1/27) 

Post#221 » by Mattya » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:20 am

Reddy83 wrote:
Mattya wrote:I do think at some point we will have to decide between Zach and Bazz. I don't think we can have both on the wing rotation with their defense.

Who would you keep?

Don't ask me such tough questions! Zach is more dynamic being able to get his shot off whenever and obviously has more potential. Bazz brings hustle and inside scoring which can also be very valuable off the bench. I think you have to gamble on Zach.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Post#222 » by Klomp » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:23 am

Mattya wrote:I do think at some point we will have to decide between Zach and Bazz. I don't think we can have both on the wing rotation with their defense.

That's why one is in the PG rotation duh
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Mattya
RealGM

Post#223 » by Mattya » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:26 am

Klomp wrote:

That's why one is in the PG rotation duh

For now. I think eventually he will play a majority of his minutes at shooting guard. Unless he makes significant strides in decision making. He has already in my opinion, but still not at the level needed to be a distributor.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#224 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:36 am

Im not saying i would trade him, but i think wiggs is relevant in this discussion.

Some people absolutely love lavine and it wasnt that long ago that some on this forum even thought that lavine would be the better player.

If lavine takes that next step and its clear the front office and smitch love him like a son, then might be worth it to dangle wiggs. There is no doubt that wiggs could demand a kings ransom on the open market. You cant say the same about lavine or bazzy.

Same with bazzy. Hes got a similar offensive style of play and will be much cheaper to retain.

You cant pay them all. I also have no doubt in my mind that zach will be looking for max or near max dollars.
AttackTheRack
Junior
And1: 82

Post#225 » by AttackTheRack » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:42 am

Did you just say, "dangle Wiggins?"
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#226 » by LordBaldric » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:40 am

I would absolutely dangle Wiggins now. His hype far exceeds his performance, and some team might give us a king's ransom. I wouldn't trade him for shaky assets though...
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#227 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:42 am

AttackTheRack wrote:Did you just say, "dangle Wiggins?"

Not saying i would do it.

But, it isnt out of the realm of possibility that others would. Unlike kat, not everyone is sold on Wiggins. For the record i see him as an untouchable and a future star.

Bazzy will be cheaper while some believe lavine can be better. Trading from a position of strength isnt unheard of and wiggs gets you the best return of the 3.

Edit. Post above proves my point. Wiggins has many detractors as he does fans.
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#228 » by PharmD » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:47 am

Anyone got that Rubio to Lavine full court vine?
Mattya
RealGM

Post#229 » by Mattya » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:28 am

I wouldn't offer Wiggins for anything outside of superstars. I think some are far too quick to give up on young guys. It's probably from watching guys like Flynn, Johnson, DWill, Randolph and Beas flounder. Wiggins has shown some fantastic tools and is already producing in ways most young players don't in his position. I personally think in 2 or 3 years he will be very much a beast. Paul George broke out in his 3rd year at age 22. Gordon Hayward broke out in 24. Jimmy Butler broke out when he was 25. Kawhi really stepped up the past 2 years and he is now 24.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#230 » by Klomp » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:09 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:You cant pay them all.

Why not?
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#231 » by Klomp » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:16 am

Sour grapes from a Thunder fan :lol:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ryanclark1532/status/692555562186379265[/tweet]

Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Thunder vs Wolves (1/27) 

Post#232 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:18 am

Klomp wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:You cant pay them all.

Why not?

Salary cap?

Ill assume that lavine is going to go after max. dollars. I dont think the kobe in him will ask for anything less. And anyone with potential seems to be asking for it these days.

Bazzy and dieng are also going to get big raises.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#233 » by Klomp » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:23 am

I don't think Muhammad and Dieng will get as big of raises as you think. It'll seem higher because of the cap spike, but it won't be an egregious chunk of the cap.

LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#234 » by LesGrossman » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:34 am

Gotta love moral victories! :lol: Sam on the way to COY according to the board prosmitches, best part is how trolling gradually disappeared while wolves bent over, the lead dissolved and Sam was being Sam :lol:

I guess Klomp and Co. fell victim to the stockholm syndrome. Enjoy :)
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#235 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:36 am

Bazzy and dieng arent going to get pennies either. Id actually wait and match for these 2, but prefer to trade dieng before even talks begin.

Lavine is going to be the problem.

You save the 5 yr max. extension for kat.
You give wiggins the 4 yr max.
Leaving lavine with....?
Rubios contract has to be negotiated again during the same time frame as well.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#236 » by Klomp » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:40 am

LesGrossman wrote:Sam on the way to COY according to the board prosmitches

:crazy:

Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#237 » by Feilong » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:45 am

Another fun game.
REB and FT killed us. Also needed a better game from Rubio.
I like Lavine playing with Rubio and Bazz getting more minutes.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#238 » by southern wolf » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:19 am

Klomp wrote:Sour grapes from a Thunder fan :lol:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ryanclark1532/status/692555562186379265[/tweet]

That's one thing I've never liked about US sport. You've got a buzzer, play till it sounds. I get dribbling out the clock when you're up thirty or something ridiculous, but at least half ass play the game out. It's worse in the NFL when QB's take a knee when they know they've won and photographers are pretty much running out onto the ground as the clock's still running.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#239 » by southern wolf » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:27 am

Feilong wrote:Another fun game.
REB and FT killed us. Also needed a better game from Rubio.

When you look at Rubio's game logs, he's all over the place. He's far too inconsistent at the moment and his FG% is plummeting.
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#240 » by Tirion » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:09 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:

Im not saying i would trade him, but i think wiggs is relevant in this discussion.

Some people absolutely love lavine and it wasnt that long ago that some on this forum even thought that lavine would be the better player.

If lavine takes that next step and its clear the front office and smitch love him like a son, then might be worth it to dangle wiggs. There is no doubt that wiggs could demand a kings ransom on the open market. You cant say the same about lavine or bazzy.

Same with bazzy. Hes got a similar offensive style of play and will be much cheaper to retain.

You cant pay them all. I also have no doubt in my mind that zach will be looking for max or near max dollars.

So you want to dangle the only one who plays defense? Nah, b.

I really like Bazz, but if it comes to that, which I don't think it will cause LaVine projects as a combo-guard and Bazz as a SF/PF type, you trade the one with less talent.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves