Post#41 » by Feilong » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:56 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/brittrobson/status/723548251744571392[/tweet]
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Re: Scouting Report on Thibodeau 

Post#42 » by urinesane » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:57 pm

Klomp wrote:
urinesane wrote:Playing him off the bench was for like 11 games his rookie year. The having him pass the ball off to Love/KMart and go stand in the corner was pretty annoying though.

It didn't stop people from freaking out about it, that was his point I think

The first example is a case where people are too antsy and make issues out of nothing.

Even though the offense was pretty damn good on paper that 40 win season, I thought it was dumb to take the ball out of Rubio's hands. That's when I knew Adelman wasn't going to work, since he clearly wasn't playing to his player's strengths.

I don't see that in Thibs. There seems to be a lot of "perception is reality" with views of Thibs negatives and stubbornness.

He seems extremely passionate and strong willed, but from what I've seen he is very willing to try different things to put player's in positions to succeed. Adelman did not.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Post#43 » by Klomp » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:25 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WolvesRadio/status/723593025692176384[/tweet]
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
wolfcat
Sophomore
And1: 22

Post#44 » by wolfcat » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:50 pm

Appreciate hearing how he coached before. I am interested in what he learned this past year on his tour of other teams and how much that changes what he does with the Wolves.
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#45 » by Killboard » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:50 am

Thanks all Bulls fan's for the insightful comments on Thibs aproach to the game. I always was a fan of good defensive teams. I think basketball is best when the effort is team based, and good defense is only built by sinergy and understanding of the whole units on the floor.

As wolves fans we suffered enough to value good things (at some extent at least, some guys here still having questions about ricky being a plus player on the court). I really hope Thibs bring the bulls attitude to this franchise. The talent is already there to exploit and make at least a competitive team some years from now. If Thibs nails some good rotation players like he did with the bulls, the sky is the limit.

Im sure Thibs will not forget his time in the Windy City, just like KG never forget his time here. Who knows, maybe he even comeback to Chicago to be a mentor after he wins some titles with the wolves like the big ticket did.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves