Kander, Newton and more released 

Post#1 » by gopher wolf » Fri May 20, 2016 10:42 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DerekJamesNBA/status/733787165352550400[/tweet]
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Re: Kander, Newton and more released 

Post#2 » by Sugarless » Fri May 20, 2016 10:46 pm

So Zgoda had a clue after all (re: Kander). I don't like the guy, but there are things that are obvious if you look at them objectively.
Minnesota Power
Pro Prospect
And1: 207

Post#3 » by Minnesota Power » Fri May 20, 2016 10:55 pm

Mistake letting go of Kander.

The rest of them, good riddance. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

So on the bright side that leaves Kid Saunders and Kid Adelman, Thibs and the asst. GM.

We all asked and we finally got it. The country club is gone! Thibs is in and cleaning house and running this like a business and doing what it takes to make us the next OKC and/or Spurs.
I want to move back to Minnesota, I miss it sooooo much! :cry:
RationalGaze
Junior
And1: 63

Post#4 » by RationalGaze » Fri May 20, 2016 10:57 pm

Any leads who will be replacing the positions?
gopher wolf
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#5 » by gopher wolf » Fri May 20, 2016 11:04 pm

Cherry_Grape wrote:Mistake letting go of Kander.

So on the bright side that leaves Kid Saunders and Kid Adelman, Thibs and the asst. GM.

We all asked and we finally got it. The country club is gone! Thibs is in and cleaning house and running this like a business and doing what it takes to make us the next OKC and/or Spurs.

The Kander decision may very well have been mutual.
Minnesota Power
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by Minnesota Power » Fri May 20, 2016 11:05 pm

gopher wolf wrote:
Cherry_Grape wrote:Mistake letting go of Kander.

The Kander decision may very well have been mutual.

Yeah we don't know anything other then that memo from the tweet the op posted saying they've been relieved.
Minnesota Power
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by Minnesota Power » Fri May 20, 2016 11:09 pm

Take this with a grain of salt until it's officially comfirmed somewhere but someone posted a comment on Canis Hoopus (and if I read it right) Saunders and Adelman out too...? And Calvin Booth as well who wasn't mentioned.

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/wolves/basketball_operations.html

Looks like all thats left for Thibs to do is show Glen Taylor the door as well :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

Here is the comment I am talking about

UPDATE UPDATE The person on Canishoopus clarified what he said Nope, he was just saying there was no indication that those three guys had gotten the boot.

ANOTHER UPDATE ANOTHER UPDATE ANOTHER UPDATE Star Tribune article came out, says this at the end Assistant coaches Ryan Saunders, David Adelman and Bryan Gates were not among those notified Friday, though that doesn’t necessarily mean all three will be back for next season. But it appears likely Saunders will remain as an assistant.

http://www.startribune.com/wolves-announce-front-office-shakeup-milt-newton-rob-babcock-among-those-out/380319351/
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,379

Post#8 » by Calinks » Fri May 20, 2016 11:17 pm

Really wished Kander could have stayed. The scouts being fired also worries me as I think we have been hitting home runs since Flip came in. I really don't think we have missed on a 1st round pick yet. Sure we could have taken some better players but everyone we took has value. Unlike the past where it seemed like every other pick was out of the league after year 2 or had zero window for growth.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#9 » by Calinks » Fri May 20, 2016 11:31 pm

This played over the PA's at Target Center and Mayo Clinic facilities today as the staff got the word.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECewrAld3zw[/youtube]
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#10 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri May 20, 2016 11:58 pm

I don't see a reason to not retain Kander unless he doesn't want to be back.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#11 » by NewWolvesOrder » Fri May 20, 2016 11:58 pm

I'm mad, unless Kander didn't want to stick around, even then Taylor should have done everything to make him stay. If Thibs brings here the Chicago medical staff it's over.
Minnesota Power
Pro Prospect

Post#12 » by Minnesota Power » Sat May 21, 2016 12:11 am

NewWolvesOrder wrote:I'm mad, unless Kander didn't want to stick around, even then Taylor should have done everything to make him stay. If Thibs brings here the Chicago medical staff it's over.

I agree that getting rid of Kander is a mistake, but about it being over....

LOL :rofl2:

So how long until people start clamoring for Thibs to be fired????? :lol:
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#13 » by Grits n Gravy » Sat May 21, 2016 12:18 am

Yeah seem's weird to let Kander go though as mentioned could have been mutual. I really hope Thibs has his eye on some top notch staff to come in. It mentioned two scouts were let go, anyone know likely how many will be left? I'm interested to know who Thibs will be leaning on and listening to in the lead up to the draft. He has barely gotten his feet under the desk so I can't imagine he has had a chance to do much scouting, or has he?
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#14 » by john2jer » Sat May 21, 2016 12:50 am

According to Jim Peterson and AP Sports Guy, Arnie Kander only wanted to consult from Colorado so he could be close to his family, not being an active member of the day to day operations. If I recall correctly, Flip had to talk Arnie out of retirement to join the Wolves.

With that in mind, I have absolutely no problem with the guys they let go today.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#15 » by theGreatRC » Sat May 21, 2016 1:08 am

Sad that Kander is not around, he played a big part in our main guys playing the whole season and Rubio playing the second most games in a season in his career.

Just like what was written above, Kander probably wanted to go, sucks because we had a world class facility with a world class trainer in Arnier, but hopefully the guys remember some of the things he taught them about keeping their bodies in tact.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#16 » by Calinks » Sat May 21, 2016 1:45 am

How wolf like would it be if this all wound up being a major disaster. Towns's knees get destroyed over the next two years, Thibs gets overwhelmed with all the responsibility, we trade away Lavine and he becomes the new Brandon Roy but healthy, Wiggins cant handle Thibs intensity and they have a huge falling out with Wiggins leaving when his contract is up. Flip's vision essentially develops an incurable case of glaucoma.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#17 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sat May 21, 2016 1:46 am

Cherry_Grape wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:I'm mad, unless Kander didn't want to stick around, even then Taylor should have done everything to make him stay. If Thibs brings here the Chicago medical staff it's over.

I agree that getting rid of Kander is a mistake, but about it being over....

LOL :rofl2:

So how long until people start clamoring for Thibs to be fired????? :lol:

Yes, it's tough to win big with your roster decimated by injuries, Thibs Bulls are a vivid example. That medical staff seemed to be useless over there.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#18 » by C.lupus » Sat May 21, 2016 1:54 am

john2jer wrote:According to Jim Peterson and AP Sports Guy, Arnie Kander only wanted to consult from Colorado so he could be close to his family, not being an active member of the day to day operations. If I recall correctly, Flip had to talk Arnie out of retirement to join the Wolves.

With that in mind, I have absolutely no problem with the guys they let go today.

That makes sense. It's a big loss for the team but can't really blame Thibs if Kander just wanted to consult long distance. The rest of the firings range from meh to good riddance.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#19 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sat May 21, 2016 2:23 am

C.lupus wrote:
john2jer wrote:According to Jim Peterson and AP Sports Guy, Arnie Kander only wanted to consult from Colorado so he could be close to his family, not being an active member of the day to day operations. If I recall correctly, Flip had to talk Arnie out of retirement to join the Wolves.

That makes sense. It's a big loss for the team but can't really blame Thibs if Kander just wanted to consult long distance. The rest of the firings range from meh to good riddance.

yea, that makes sense then. Consulting doesn't do any good - we need Kander on site dispensing those deep tissue massages and getting players' chi flowing.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#20 » by john2jer » Sat May 21, 2016 2:27 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
C.lupus wrote:

yea, that makes sense then. Consulting doesn't do any good - we need Kander on site dispensing those deep tissue massages and getting players' chi flowing.

Don't forget the banana juice and seaweed and kale wraps.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves