ImageImageImage

John Salley on Minnesota

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Re: John Salley on Minnesota 

Post#21 » by LordBaldric » Tue May 24, 2016 5:19 am

John Salley can purify himself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka...
breatnach
Starter
And1: 826

Post#22 » by breatnach » Tue May 24, 2016 9:44 am

When he said he's picking AD over KAT that just proved he had no clue. KAT is younger, cheaper, on a longer contract and injured less. Oh and better. I guess AD's brow is just that good.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,947

Post#23 » by Klomp » Tue May 24, 2016 9:53 am

breatnach wrote:When he said he's picking AD over KAT that just proved he had no clue. KAT is younger, cheaper, on a longer contract and injured less. Oh and better. I guess AD's brow is just that good.

He also thought Davis is bigger than KAT when Towns has an inch and 30 pounds on AD.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#24 » by Worm Guts » Tue May 24, 2016 10:45 am

breatnach wrote:When he said he's picking AD over KAT that just proved he had no clue. KAT is younger, cheaper, on a longer contract and injured less. Oh and better. I guess AD's brow is just that good.

Come on now.
breatnach
Starter

Post#25 » by breatnach » Tue May 24, 2016 1:56 pm

Worm Guts wrote:

Come on now.

The question was not "which player is superior?", but "who would you rather build a franchise around?" - implying that the goal is not to win immediately, but think long term. The 3 extra years at a rookie contract discount makes that question a very simple one alone. I doubt you'd find anyone who thinks AD is a better long term building stone.
Minnesota Power
Pro Prospect
And1: 207

Post#26 » by Minnesota Power » Tue May 24, 2016 2:09 pm

I'm sorry, the Timberwolves lease runs until 2035 on an arena that is now being renovated to be state of the art again. And someone who played in Detroit making fun of Minneapolis??? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Sorry, the Wolves aren't moving and I've been making herculean efforts and have been making incredible progress to make sure it doesn't happen in my lifetime. :rock: :rock:
I want to move back to Minnesota, I miss it sooooo much! :cry:
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#27 » by Worm Guts » Tue May 24, 2016 2:46 pm

breatnach wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

Come on now.

The question was not "which player is superior?", but "who would you rather build a franchise around?" - implying that the goal is not to win immediately, but think long term. The 3 extra years at a rookie contract discount makes that question a very simple one alone. I doubt you'd find anyone who thinks AD is a better long term building stone.

Anthony Davis has already had seasons that were MVP caliber statistically and he's still only 23. Not everybody would take Davis, but it wouldn't be hard to find people who would. It's probably still the majority, regardless of contract.
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Post#28 » by Sugarless » Tue May 24, 2016 2:53 pm

breatnach wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

Come on now.

To be fair, in those "if you're starting a franchise" type of questions they're supposed to be under the same contract. The point there is to evaluate talent, regardless of contracts.

In terms of who's better, I think they're quite similar, and plenty of people would still take Davis over Towns. The only problem with AD is his tendency to get injured. But other than that he's a generational talent, just as much as KAT. While one is more nimble and clearly the better defender, the other one is more polished inside and a better passer. You can't go wrong either way... except for those nagging injuries that AD's had every year so far. That's the difference maker at this point.
My Main Man
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,498

Post#29 » by My Main Man » Tue May 24, 2016 7:42 pm

Suck it, John Salley.

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,348

Post#30 » by Calinks » Wed May 25, 2016 7:06 am

Cherry_Grape wrote:I'm sorry, the Timberwolves lease runs until 2035 on an arena that is now being renovated to be state of the art again. And someone who played in Detroit making fun of Minneapolis??? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Sorry, the Wolves aren't moving and I've been making herculean efforts and have been making incredible progress to make sure it doesn't happen in my lifetime. :rock: :rock:

Wut...
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 912

Post#31 » by Saltine » Wed May 25, 2016 7:53 am

Calinks wrote:
Cherry_Grape wrote:I'm sorry, the Timberwolves lease runs until 2035 on an arena that is now being renovated to be state of the art again. And someone who played in Detroit making fun of Minneapolis??? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Wut...

I think he's going to assassinate John Salley....
:curse:
breatnach
Starter

Post#32 » by breatnach » Wed May 25, 2016 12:31 pm

Sugarless wrote:
breatnach wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
Come on now.

To be fair, in those "if you're starting a franchise" type of questions they're supposed to be under the same contract. The point there is to evaluate talent, regardless of contracts.

In terms of who's better, I think they're quite similar, and plenty of people would still take Davis over Towns. The only problem with AD is his tendency to get injured. But other than that he's a generational talent, just as much as KAT. While one is more nimble and clearly the better defender, the other one is more polished inside and a better passer. You can't go wrong either way... except for those nagging injuries that AD's had every year so far. That's the difference maker at this point.

True, it's hard to compare players at different stages in their career. Either way, one is #1 while the other is #2 and there probably isn't a huge margin between them.
bwright213
Freshman
And1: 22

Re: Re: Re: John Salley on Minnesota 

Post#33 » by bwright213 » Wed May 25, 2016 12:33 pm

Well then, keep up the good work :cool:
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#34 » by kmgarnett21 » Wed May 25, 2016 3:45 pm

It's a good thing Durant and Westbrook play on a coastal team otherwise Salley would've never heard of them and they would never have a chance to be a winner.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves