ImageImageImage

Can Wiggins be Durant on the Court?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

TaylorTag
Rookie
And1: 376

Can Wiggins be Durant on the Court? 

Post#1 » by TaylorTag » Fri May 27, 2016 1:34 am

Obviously Towns is the premier face of the franchise. And that's not even a diss to Wiggins. Towns is going to be the premier face of the NBA.

But I wonder if Wiggins could ever elevate himself to Durant's leadership on the court. Watching Durant in the playoffs is inspiring. The dude just exudes competitiveness and a will to win.

Do you guys see Wiggins like that when we make the playoffs? Will he get on people for subpar play? Will he be 100% focused all game?
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Re: Can Wiggins be Durant on the Court? 

Post#2 » by andyhop » Fri May 27, 2016 3:17 am

That doesn't seem like his personality at all , maybe he will change with time but I doubt it
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
Dleavitt24
Junior
And1: 61

Post#3 » by Dleavitt24 » Fri May 27, 2016 3:35 am

There's all kinds of leaders. Wiggins demeanor is more like a Curry or Duncan. He will lead by example, he will speak his mind when called for, he will make suggestions to the coaches and support his teammates by working with them and he will so emotion on occasion. Even someone like durant is completely different now then his first two years. This will come as he starts to feel and believed he is a important piece to a successful team and his game gets more respect around the league.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,246

Post#4 » by Murphs56 » Fri May 27, 2016 5:39 am

Towns is the vocal leader of this team. Wiggins has no fear to take the last shot or takeover a game, but he's not the yelling type
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,723

Post#5 » by minimus » Fri May 27, 2016 8:00 am

I think we are fine with KAT, Wiggins and Rubio as our leaders. Still want one of old CHI group (Deng/Noah/Gasol) to share experience.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves