ImageImageImage

Who should be on our trading block?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

cartermaxim13
Junior
And1: 69

Re: Who should be on our trading block? 

Post#41 » by cartermaxim13 » Thu Dec 1, 2016 1:00 pm

Wiggins. Sell high as long as people who do not watch every single game still overavlue him and believe in the hype of being a #1 overall pick and being a solid scorer. Get a quality player in return that knows how to play instead of settling for contested long 2s when we are in the bonus and showing no effort at all in other areas of the game. Moreover, Wiggs apparently did not hit the weight room since he was drafted and thus has not even marginally physically developed over that time span. Since he is way too skinny and does not seem to have the ambition to bulk up, he is too small to play the 3 and at the 2, we have Zach who is going to be the better player. What might it cost to get Paul George?
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#42 » by Worm Guts » Thu Dec 1, 2016 1:07 pm

I don't agree with the idea that he doesn't work hard in the offseason, he definitely seems to. Bulking up in basketball is a tricky thing because you don't want to lose explosiveness which happens when you gain weight even if that weight is muscle, but generally he seems in great shape.
The overall issue seems to be a lack of a motor and aggressiveness, which may not an issue of effort as much as an issue of personality. Of course that's a big issue itself because I don't know the likelihood of that changing.
cartermaxim13
Junior
And1: 69

Post#43 » by cartermaxim13 » Thu Dec 1, 2016 1:18 pm

Okay, judging by his shot, he might have worked hard n the offseason, but he focuses way too hard on these jumpshots. Flip put him in the post in his rookie season and he did a great job. Furthermore, he made cuts to the rim or draw fouls. This season, his shot selection is beyond terrible and all this athleticism that could potentially get marginally deteriorated by bulking up is not really decisive when he is just settling for jumpers, right?

I totally agree with you on the motor and personality part. Further reasons to check the market whether we could get a PG13 type of player in return.
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,670

Post#44 » by Jkam31 » Thu Dec 1, 2016 3:38 pm

Domejandro wrote:I would offer Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn, and a pick swap for DeMarcus Cousins. Though Sacramento would likely decline, it would be worth a shot.

Make it an unprotected pick and we think about it

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Maefteda
Sixth Man
And1: 575

Post#45 » by Maefteda » Thu Dec 1, 2016 5:51 pm

The question shouldn't be who are we willing to trade, but rather who would we want to trade for? We need a solid contributing vet, preferably a 3/smallball 4. Figure out who we want and then figure out what we trade away.

EDIT:

Some options:

Rudy Gay
Willie Cauley-Stein
Robert Covington
Luol Deng
Taj Gibson
Jared Dudley
PJ Tucker
Moe Harkless
Ed Davis
Courtney Lee
Kenneth Faried
Andrew Bogut
Wes Matthews
Goran Dragic
Andre Roberson
Terrence Ross
Thabo Sefolosha
Tony Allen
Mike Muscala
Amir Johnson
Ersan Ilyasova
Richuan Holmes
John Henson
Omri Casspi
E'Twaun Moore
Dante Cunningham
Derrick Williams (lol)
Corey Brewer (for the lolz)
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,967

Post#46 » by Domejandro » Sat Dec 3, 2016 8:18 pm

Jkam31 wrote:
Domejandro wrote:I would offer Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn, and a pick swap for DeMarcus Cousins. Though Sacramento would likely decline, it would be worth a shot.

The best Minnesota could offer is a 2020 Unprotected First Round Draft Pick, with the conditions that Minnesota conveys its 2018 pick to Atlanta (if not, it would be pushed back to 2021). At this point, a 2017 Pick Swap would probably look more attractive.
TheAttckRack
Sophomore
And1: 77

Post#47 » by TheAttckRack » Sat Dec 3, 2016 8:42 pm

People want to bring a dude like Demarcus into a locker room with KAT and Andrew Wiggins?!? I know Demarcus has been in a tough spot for his career, but dude could legit be a headcase, as well. Not taking the chance. KAT, Andrew Wiggins, Zach Lavine, and Chris Dunn is good enough for me to roll with for the forseeable. This team just needs a young player to step into leadership. Most likely, that'll be KAT. Gotta' play the Long Game, here.
AllHype3
Sophomore
And1: 48

Post#48 » by AllHype3 » Sat Dec 3, 2016 10:42 pm

Hello Timbeewolves Fans

Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down

Lavine

For

Nerlens Noel and Robert Covington

Thanks four your time
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#49 » by LesGrossman » Sat Dec 3, 2016 10:44 pm

Dewey wrote:
Nitroglycerin wrote:The problem is how much time BJ needs before he becomes consistent. He's not getting any younger

If he'll scrap for some loose balls and rebound, Thibs will get him some shots ... he can comfortably make a few million a year off the bench. he has certainly showed some flashes of ability this year compared to last season.

Quite disrespectful. Euroleague MVP, he could be starter on this team easily (his performance gets a LOT better with higher usage, not generally true for bench guys). I dont think he'll settle for a miniscule bench role on a loser team in the long run. To me he is by far the most valuable asset on our bench but we dont treat him that way. You can be sure that other teams' scouts wont sleep on him as we do.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#50 » by LibertyPrime » Sat Dec 3, 2016 11:51 pm

AllHype3 wrote:Hello Timbeewolves Fans

Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down

Lavine

For

Nerlens Noel and Robert Covington

Thanks four your time

Not the worst trade I've ever heard, but I have real concerns about Noel's attitude and offensive skill level. I think if we want more of a defense first big man, we'd be better off starting Cole Aldrich than giving up on Zach so early. Plus, Covington's not been shooting well this year.

Zach's clearly the best player in that trade and I think we can get more for him if we do decide to trade him. I'd like to try him in the Vinny Johnson role off the bench before we do anything radical, like trading him.
"The last domino falls here!"
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,943

Post#51 » by Klomp » Sun Dec 4, 2016 3:06 am

LesGrossman wrote:Quite disrespectful. Euroleague MVP, he could be starter on this team easily (his performance gets a LOT better with higher usage, not generally true for bench guys). I dont think he'll settle for a miniscule bench role on a loser team in the long run. To me he is by far the most valuable asset on our bench but we dont treat him that way. You can be sure that other teams' scouts wont sleep on him as we do.

Yup, because Euroleague MVP is a clear sign of NBA superstardom. Just look at the recent winners before Bjelica who have moved on to the NBA....

Anthony Parker
Juan Carlos Navarro
Andrei Kirilenko
Sergio Rodriguez

Boy you're right....with that list of NBA superstars, the Timberwolves have to be holding him back!
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#52 » by minimus » Sun Dec 4, 2016 3:52 am

I think all these Euro MVP except for JCN could start for this team.

AK47 was defensive nightmare in NBA. One of the most versatile forwards.
Anthony Parker was ultimate role player in NBA.
Sergio is creative PG who can run NBA offense from the day 1.

I agree with LesGrossman, you underestimate Euro players, but the gap between two leagues is getting smaller, you can see guys like Mindgauskas, Delaney, Juangomes and others shining in Europe then contributing in NBA. And we should compare contracts as well. So you'd better to be more aware of new Euro movement.

esm1885
Sophomore
And1: 14

Post#53 » by esm1885 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 3:57 am

I'd like Lavine and Dunn for Butler, but don't think bulls would do that now. Not because I'm not high on those two, but Wiggins is better at the 2 and having Butler immediately addresses our defensive problems
wildvikeswolves
Starter
And1: 577

Post#54 » by wildvikeswolves » Sun Dec 4, 2016 4:13 am

If we finish high lottery like it looks like we will so far. It would be interesting to see what the pick could fetch. Especially if a non Towns core piece is attached. Hopefully this team figures it out and we don't have to think about such a thing because I love all of our cores guys right now. Core guys being Towns, Wiggins, and Lavine.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#55 » by NEM » Mon Dec 5, 2016 3:58 am

Magic fan here... thumbs up or down:

Aaron Gordon

For

Zach Lavine
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#56 » by Mattya » Mon Dec 5, 2016 4:09 am

NEM wrote:Magic fan here... thumbs up or down:

Aaron Gordon

For

Zach Lavine

Clear thumbs down for me.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,530

Post#57 » by Note30 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 4:44 am

Aaron Gordon

For

Zach Lavine

Kris Dunn, Bazz, and a 2016 pick swap?
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,530

Post#58 » by Note30 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 4:44 am

Note30 wrote:

Aaron Gordon

For

Zach Lavine

Kris Dunn, Bazz, and a 2017 pick swap?

2017*
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,966

Post#59 » by Nick K » Mon Dec 5, 2016 6:25 am

No. I wouldn't trade Zach for Aaron Gordon but I would do the Bazz + Dunn for Gordon trade.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,666

Post#60 » by LordCovington33 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 3:54 pm

Domejandro wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:

The best Minnesota could offer is a 2020 Unprotected First Round Draft Pick, with the conditions that Minnesota conveys its 2018 pick to Atlanta (if not, it would be pushed back to 2021). At this point, a 2017 Pick Swap would probably look more attractive.

Philly has a pick swap with Sac this year. Plus, if Sac fall outside top 10, won't Chicago get their pick? I am not sure about that last one. However, if true and since philly already have a swap, would they be allowed to swap?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves