Senior
And1: 274

Re: The Naz Reid Thread 

Post#381 » by fattymcgee » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:45 pm

Dewey wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:
Read on Twitter

The Wolves did need more size…

Yup … just unknowingly popped up 2” …. Media people get dumber and dumber every year

Maybe he was measured barefoot last year and they rounded down and this year he was measured in shoes.

Combine measurements:
barefoot 6'8.75" (basically 6'9")
with shoes 6'9.5"
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,778

Post#382 » by shrink » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:10 pm

His height gain probably comes from his hard work this summer. Maybe Naz put on 20 pounds of muscle .. in the soles of his feet.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,983

Post#383 » by Klomp » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:23 pm

fattymcgee wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:
Read on Twitter

The Wolves did need more size…

Yup … just unknowingly popped up 2” …. Media people get dumber and dumber every year

Maybe he was measured barefoot last year and they rounded down and this year he was measured in shoes.

Combine measurements:
with shoes 6'9.5"

I think it's certainly possible that he grew, but to your point he might just be remembering his barefoot height from last year and his shoes height this year. We could even be dealing with a rounding situation (he says 6'8" but was actually the 6'8.75"....meaning he really only grew closer to an inch, which is more believable.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,064

Post#384 » by Domejandro » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:37 pm

I like Jon, but his willingness to gobble up the incredibly stupid height increase stuff every single season continues to confuse me.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,850

Post#385 » by KGdaBom » Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:31 pm

Klomp wrote:
fattymcgee wrote:
Dewey wrote:Yup … just unknowingly popped up 2” …. Media people get dumber and dumber every year

Combine measurements:
with shoes 6'9.5"

I think it's certainly possible that he grew, but to your point he might just be remembering his barefoot height from last year and his shoes height this year. We could even be dealing with a rounding situation (he says 6'8" but was actually the 6'8.75"....meaning he really only grew closer to an inch, which is more believable.

This is why we need to end in shoes measurements once and for all.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#386 » by Note30 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:49 am

Domejandro wrote:I like Jon, but his willingness to gobble up the incredibly stupid height increase stuff every single season continues to confuse me.

I mean every team ever does it. Most players in the NBA are boosted heights. Same with college and highschool. My JuCo team added 2 inches to everyone's height intentionally. Our starting PG was 6'0 (probably actually 5'11) and he was listed at 6'3.

It hypes up the average fans of the team at the NBA level and tries to scare opponents. It's just a mind game. Jons job is to hype up the team.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

I was blind but now I see.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,401

Post#387 » by younggunsmn » Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:07 pm

Domejandro wrote:I like Jon, but his willingness to gobble up the incredibly stupid height increase stuff every single season continues to confuse me.

I mean, Jon needs shoes on to cross over the 5 foot mark, so that might explain a bit.

Length is the important factor though. Naz has more than enough there.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,401

Post#388 » by younggunsmn » Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:53 pm

wolves_89 wrote:One thing I would like to see this season is to gameplan and focus on our bigs crashing the offensive glass. If we are going to play big, we should use the advantage and have Naz, KAT, and Rudy go hard after offensive rebounds. Giving up fast break points has been an issue for the two big lineups, but if we get the offensive rebound there is no fast break opportunity. Prioritizing offensive rebounds would force opposing teams to send more guys to the defensive glass which would also help to keep opposing teams from getting out and running. The offensive glass seems like a clear advantage that the Wolves have so far failed to fully realize.

This would be great, but the lack of offensive rebounding is also a side effect of our offensive system, where we are playing 4 or 5 out all the time. KAT shoots a lot of 3's from the perimeter.
If you are going to chase more offensive rebounding, it's also going to lead to more paint clogging.
It's up to KAT, Naz, and Rudy to be more tenacious on the offensive glass when they are the 5 on the floor.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#389 » by minimus » Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:03 pm

younggunsmn wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:One thing I would like to see this season is to gameplan and focus on our bigs crashing the offensive glass. If we are going to play big, we should use the advantage and have Naz, KAT, and Rudy go hard after offensive rebounds. Giving up fast break points has been an issue for the two big lineups, but if we get the offensive rebound there is no fast break opportunity. Prioritizing offensive rebounds would force opposing teams to send more guys to the defensive glass which would also help to keep opposing teams from getting out and running. The offensive glass seems like a clear advantage that the Wolves have so far failed to fully realize.

This would be great, but the lack of offensive rebounding is also a side effect of our offensive system, where we are playing 4 or 5 out all the time. KAT shoots a lot of 3's from the perimeter.
If you are going to chase more offensive rebounding, it's also going to lead to more paint clogging.
It's up to KAT, Naz, and Rudy to be more tenacious on the offensive glass when they are the 5 on the floor.

Sure, Reid, Towns and Gobert should be more disciplined, boxout and fight for position. But I think it is even more about guys such as McDaniels, Edwards, NAW, Conley, Milton and Anderson to get those 50/50 rebounds.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#390 » by Klomp » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:06 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#391 » by Klomp » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:10 pm

From the very first post of this thread. I am a savant!
Klomp wrote:OK, maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit, but after seeing what he's done offensively in Summer League, I don't think it's a stretch to say he could be an important part of this team going forward.

Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,064

Post#392 » by Domejandro » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:19 pm

Klomp wrote:From the very first post of this thread. I am a savant!
Klomp wrote:OK, maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit, but after seeing what he's done offensively in Summer League, I don't think it's a stretch to say he could be an important part of this team going forward.

It's honestly incredible how much Naz has reshaped his body, since his college days. Dude put in a TON of work.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#393 » by Klomp » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:24 pm

Dane Moore talked about Naz’s relationship with the fan base during today’s podcast. It got me thinking…the closest thing I’ve seen to the Naz Reid cult following in Timberwolves terms is the following that grew for Ricky Rubio stateside over the two years before making his NBA debut. Remember the arrival at the airport terminal? Remember the standing ovation he got when checking into a game for the first time, and the oohs and ahs at every pass he made in his debut against the Thunder?

Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,272

Post#394 » by Baseline81 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:26 pm

Klomp wrote:From the very first post of this thread. I am a savant!

Can't wait for you to bring up the undrafted free agents you whiffed on... you there are quite a few you were equally as positive about.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#395 » by Klomp » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:08 pm

Read on Twitter

TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,538

Post#396 » by TimberKat » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:36 pm

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

I read some of that stat which included we suck with Both Towns and Gobert playing together. I think we need to factor in they are going up against the opponent's starting lineup up instead of backups. Naz was great the second game, the convection oven is running red hot.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#397 » by Klomp » Mon Nov 6, 2023 9:31 pm

Naz Reid

Read on Twitter

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#398 » by Klomp » Mon Nov 6, 2023 9:32 pm

Read on Twitter

Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,920

Post#399 » by Colbinii » Tue Nov 7, 2023 11:45 pm

Impressive start offensively. He will cool off as a shooter but his decision making is crisp and he has stepped up defensively [a la Towns] and you feel comfortable with him on a larger Wing.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#400 » by minimus » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:29 am

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/46I3VdA5OdE

Read on Twitter

I noticed that Naz Reid kind of like being in those little scrimmages. I like that in these situations he is both calm and under control, yet physical.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves