ImageImageImage

Jordan McLaughlin - JMAC

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,167

Re: Jordan McLaughlin - JMAC 

Post#181 » by _AIJ_ » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:59 pm

minimus wrote:Any news about McLaughlin status?

No idea but all i know is he is better than Shake
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
A1FromDay1
Senior
And1: 121

Post#182 » by A1FromDay1 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:51 pm

minimus wrote:Any news about McLaughlin status?

November 20, 2023
McLaughlin (knee) was spotted during Monday's shootaround getting shots up while sporting a knee brace, Jace Frederick of St. Paul Pioneer Press reports.
ANALYSIS
McLaughlin was diagnosed with an MCL sprain in his right knee at the beginning of November and will be re-evaluated at the beginning of December. It's encouraging to see him participating in basketball activities already, and he could be cleared to return shortly after his next evaluation, though he's slated to remain sidelined for the immediate future. He averaged just 3.8 minutes per game across five appearances before being shut down.
Homo homini lupus est.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#183 » by minimus » Wed Dec 6, 2023 8:54 pm

It looks like this time McLaughlin can come back fully healthy. If so, call me crazy, but I think he can be low key X-factor for us to stay on top of West. This is a contract year for him. He knows system, he knows players, he has high IQ. And more importantly we need him as fast paced backup PG.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,997

Post#184 » by wolves_89 » Wed Dec 6, 2023 9:50 pm

I worry a bit about what McLaughlin will look like when he gets back. He's a guy that needs to be at 100% to have a chance at being effective. I think he has the smallest margin between being playable or unplayable on the team.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,455

Post#185 » by winforlose » Wed Dec 6, 2023 10:10 pm

wolves_89 wrote:I worry a bit about what McLaughlin will look like when he gets back. He's a guy that needs to be at 100% to have a chance at being effective. I think he has the smallest margin between being playable or unplayable on the team.

He must be able to hit open 3s. His little Ninja defense (creating 1-3 extra possessions,) helps make up for his lack of size. Having Rudy and KAT behind him also helps. But, his offense must be more than passing and assisting. If he space the floor he is an asset. If not, he is an end of bench emergency ball handler similar to a two way player.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#186 » by KGdaBom » Wed Dec 6, 2023 10:11 pm

wolves_89 wrote:I worry a bit about what McLaughlin will look like when he gets back. He's a guy that needs to be at 100% to have a chance at being effective. I think he has the smallest margin between being playable or unplayable on the team.

I'm hopeful he can take the backup PG job and run with it. Last year we all know sucked, but it sucked for most of the Wolves. If he can get back to a couple seasons ago when he was playing well it would be huge for us.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#187 » by KGdaBom » Wed Dec 6, 2023 10:12 pm

winforlose wrote:

He must be able to hit open 3s. His little Ninja defense (creating 1-3 extra possessions,) helps make up for his lack of size. Having Rudy and KAT behind him also helps. But, his offense must be more than passing and assisting. If he space the floor he is an asset. If not, he is an end of bench emergency ball handler similar to a two way player.

I see no reason why he can't get back to his form of a couple seasons ago. Of course I am an optimist. :rockon: :rock: :naaa:
wolves_89
Head Coach

Post#188 » by wolves_89 » Wed Dec 6, 2023 10:17 pm

KGdaBom wrote:

I'm hopeful he can take the backup PG job and run with it. Last year we all know sucked, but it sucked for most of the Wolves. If he can get back to a couple seasons ago when he was playing well it would be huge for us.

I think a big part of why McLaughlin was terrible last season involved him playing at less than 100%. I don't believe he's a guy who can be successful if he's playing at 90% health.

Even if healthy, I don't expect him to be a regular in the rotation. I see him as a change of pace player who gets on the floor in games when the team needs more structure and pace from the bench unit. About the only time I see him getting regular minutes will be if Conley misses time, at which point he could get a decent number of minutes.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#189 » by KGdaBom » Wed Dec 6, 2023 10:21 pm

wolves_89 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

I think a big part of why McLaughlin was terrible last season involved him playing at less than 100%. I don't believe he's a guy who can be successful if he's playing at 90% health.

Even if healthy, I don't expect him to be a regular in the rotation. I see him as a change of pace player who gets on the floor in games when the team needs more structure and pace from the bench unit. About the only time I see him getting regular minutes will be if Conley misses time, at which point he could get a decent number of minutes.

I'm hopeful of more than you are. I see him capable of being our primary backup PG. Time will tell.
wolves_89
Head Coach

Post#190 » by wolves_89 » Wed Dec 6, 2023 10:27 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I'm hopeful he can take the backup PG job and run with it. Last year we all know sucked, but it sucked for most of the Wolves. If he can get back to a couple seasons ago when he was playing well it would be huge for us.

I'm hopeful of more than you are. I see him capable of being our primary backup PG. Time will tell.

I think that a combination of Ant/NAW/Anderson have pretty much locked down the backup PG minutes. The top 8 in the rotation are pretty well set and I think Brown has solidified the last regular rotation spot with his recent play. I'm guessing both Milton and McLaughlin are out of the rotation if the team is fully healthy, and I would bet Milton still gets the first chance as an injury replacement.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#191 » by KGdaBom » Wed Dec 6, 2023 10:31 pm

wolves_89 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:

I think that a combination of Ant/NAW/Anderson have pretty much locked down the backup PG minutes. The top 8 in the rotation are pretty well set and I think Brown has solidified the last regular rotation spot with his recent play. I'm guessing both Milton and McLaughlin are out of the rotation if the team is fully healthy, and I would bet Milton still gets the first chance as an injury replacement.

When McLaughlin was at his best a couple seasons ago he was playing one or two notches above what we've seen from NAW, Brown, and Milton. I don't consider Anderson a backup PG. He's a Point Forward. You're probably right, but I'm just looking at the best somewhat realistic possibility for J McL.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#192 » by winforlose » Wed Dec 6, 2023 10:31 pm

wolves_89 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:

I hear you, but look at all the attention surrounding Mike on the clutch time win on Saturday. Things work better with a floor general. Now, maybe Kyle takes that role more officially. Maybe we see if can call the offense and get guys in their sets. But if not Mike or Kyle, Naw and Ant are not the guys. If anything Ant is at times too determined not to pass, or run the offense to be trusted with this.
Biff Cooper
Sixth Man
And1: 240

Post#193 » by Biff Cooper » Thu Dec 7, 2023 4:39 pm

I just noticed that JMAC and Jaylen Clark are both graduates of Etiwanda HS in LA area.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Post#194 » by Klomp » Tue Jan 2, 2024 8:19 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
winforlose
General Manager

Post#195 » by winforlose » Tue Jan 2, 2024 8:23 pm

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

TBJ was awful yesterday. He earned every bit of -15. JMAC has been good the last 3 times we saw him. I say JMAC has earned the chance. But, in order to keep it, he must hit open 3s. I am not saying chuck them, or even seek them. But, when the ball finds him in the corner or on the wing, he needs to take and make them.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#196 » by KGdaBom » Tue Jan 2, 2024 10:46 pm

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Good info. There was a time we were all excited about J Mc. Maybe we can be once more.
wolves_89
Head Coach

Post#197 » by wolves_89 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 11:22 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Good info. There was a time we were all excited about J Mc. Maybe we can be once more.

It's a good idea to see what McLaughlin can do with some playing time. It will help to clarify if upgrading the backup PG spot is a critical need or just something that would be nice.
minimus
RealGM

Jordan McLaughlin - JMAC 

Post#198 » by minimus » Sat Jan 6, 2024 1:38 pm

In last four games McLaughlin has 12 assists, 8 steals and only one turnover, in 14mpg. Pure hustle and energy
minimus
RealGM

Post#199 » by minimus » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:35 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

One big difference between McLaughlin and Anderson is that McLaughlin is made for read-and-react game, he plays at highest speed both in offense and defense, but his decision making is slow and methodical. Anderson plays slowly, but his decision are quick. At the end of the day I think Finch and coaching staff have enough tools on bench between NAW, Reid, Anderson, McLaughlin and TBJ.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Post#200 » by Klomp » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:34 am

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves