ImageImageImage

[Krawczynski] Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore in serious talks to become the next owners of the Minnesota Timberwolves

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,563

Re: [Krawczynski] Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore in serious talks to become the next owners of the Minnesota Timberwolves 

Post#1041 » by WolfAddict » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:32 am

shrink wrote:If anyone is interested, the first five minutes of Dane’s podcast is on this situation, for anyone avoiding it because it is mostly about the Nuggets game.

Thanks, and yes, I was :(
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,288

Re: [Krawczynski] Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore in serious talks to become the next owners of the Minnesota Timberwolves 

Post#1042 » by BlacJacMac » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:49 am

thinktank wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:So he’s not involved in running the club, he’s just expected to pay the bills?

I’m sure he’s glad you’re already spending his money.

That’s actually technically correct.

LP’s don’t have any legal right to input in how things are run.

That’s my point.

Why would a guy who doesn’t have controlling interest or even input in the team foot all the bills?
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,806

Post#1043 » by shrink » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:43 am

BlacJacMac wrote:An interesting perspective on the situation…

This is probably where I’m at. I would add that they both contractually agreed to have disputes settled by an arbiter. I don’t know if their agreement says they have to accept whatever the arbiter decides, or if they can sue later if they don’t like the decision.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,806

Post#1044 » by shrink » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:47 am

BlacJacMac wrote:So he’s not involved in running the club, he’s just expected to pay the bills?

It’s like any investment. He gets his share of annual profits (if there are any), and he gets a return on his investment when the franchise is sold. But that comes with paying his share of expenses to maintain the business.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,288

Post#1045 » by BlacJacMac » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:59 am

Sure. But to expect him to pay everything if Lore can’t is unrealistic.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,991

Post#1046 » by Nick K » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:51 am

Like it or not BJM, That is the way of the world! It's just the way it works. You should have known that.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,725

Post#1047 » by minimus » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:15 am

slick21 wrote:Despite having little to no evidence to the contrary, I have often wondered if Lore and ARod would be able/willing to pay a large tax bill. But they have been saying all the right things.

In their defense regarding this "leak," isn't it possible that this was just one of many scenarios that could take place? Submit a plan for keeping the team intact and paying the tax, submit a plan for getting under the tax line, etc.

And now the news-grabbing headline says "Lore/ARod submitted plan to cut payroll!"

I have not seen a direct Lore/ARod quote that they are going to pay a large tax bill. Am I missing something? And obviously you cant pay if you dont have money...

P.S. Thank you guys for warning me that it will be uglier and uglier. It is already a piece of $h1t thrown every day out of nowhere.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,764

Post#1048 » by thinktank » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:54 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:
thinktank wrote:

That’s actually technically correct.

LP’s don’t have any legal right to input in how things are run.

That’s my point.

Why would a guy who doesn’t have controlling interest or even input in the team foot all the bills?

Well they pay their proportion. Not all the bills.
"a poor addition to the board"
thinktank
Analyst

Re: Playoff seeding thread 

Post#1049 » by thinktank » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:07 pm

***Edit: Post Moved to a more appropriate topic.***

Dane Moore:

“This idea of submitting a budget was pretty easy to ask around about because it didn’t really line up logically in my head.”

^^^ Hey, that’s exactly what I said! (“No owner shared a a binding offseason plan with other owners. We know this because we’ve never seen one from any other ownership group.”)

“I think the best way I can distill down in my head is this was A budget that was submitted but not THE budget. I talked to one team executive that said, ‘we have over 100 budgets in a year. They are all based on performance.’…It does suggest that their actual budget could be different.”

^^^Hey, that’s exactly what I said! (There are a lot of different types of projections. This one could be just a conservative projection.)

We're not going call people out here.- WG
thinktank
Analyst

Post#1050 » by thinktank » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:05 pm

Call out this, if you're going to call out when people go after posters.

KGdaBom wrote:
thinktank wrote:“Lore and Rodriguez rendered a budget projection as potential majority owners”

Talk about a nothing statement.

Complete the statement. Slashing payroll to get under the Luxury tax and likely ending the teams run as a contender.
That's not a nothing statement.
Can I find your novels anywhere other than RealGM?
thinktank
Analyst

Post#1051 » by thinktank » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:06 pm

Call out this if you're going to talk about going after posters.

younggunsmn wrote:Thinktank you are so deep into cognitive dissonance on this one you will never find your way out.
thinktank
Analyst

Post#1052 » by thinktank » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:08 pm

Call this out if you're going to go after posters getting personal.

KGdaBom wrote:ThinkTank you've gone off the deep end. Your imagination is running wild in a desperate attempt to make every piece of news regarding Glen, ARod and Lore all about how wonderful A Rod and Lore are and how greedy and slimy Glen is. You even said Glen doesn't care about winning. You might actually believe your crazy ideas. Glen doesn't care about winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Glen only cares about money!!!!!!!!! So ridiculous it is way beyond my imagination, but well within yours. Winning will help him make money. So he obviously cares about winning. If all he cared about was money he would have sold the Wolves long ago to somebody who wanted to move them.

I’m in the deep end seeing things as they are in the whole pool, me boy.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,853

Post#1053 » by KGdaBom » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:00 pm

thinktank wrote:Call out this, if you're going to call out when people go after posters.

KGdaBom wrote:
thinktank wrote:“Lore and Rodriguez rendered a budget projection as potential majority owners”

Talk about a nothing statement.

Complete the statement. Slashing payroll to get under the Luxury tax and likely ending the teams run as a contender.

How is believing you have a vivid imagination going after you.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1054 » by KGdaBom » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:03 pm

thinktank wrote:Call this out if you're going to go after posters getting personal.

KGdaBom wrote:ThinkTank you've gone off the deep end. Your imagination is running wild in a desperate attempt to make every piece of news regarding Glen, ARod and Lore all about how wonderful A Rod and Lore are and how greedy and slimy Glen is. You even said Glen doesn't care about winning. You might actually believe your crazy ideas. Glen doesn't care about winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Glen only cares about money!!!!!!!!! So ridiculous it is way beyond my imagination, but well within yours. Winning will help him make money. So he obviously cares about winning. If all he cared about was money he would have sold the Wolves long ago to somebody who wanted to move them.

I’m in the deep end seeing things as they are in the whole pool, me boy.

How about answering the bolded. First of all your doesn't care about winning is contradictory to he only cares about money. Winning means making more money. Also if all he cares about is money he would have sold the team to somebody who wanted to move it. I believe I have proven both of your comments to be false.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1055 » by KGdaBom » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:06 pm

shrink wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:An interesting perspective on the situation…

This is probably where I’m at. I would add that they both contractually agreed to have disputes settled by an arbiter. I don’t know if their agreement says they have to accept whatever the arbiter decides, or if they can sue later if they don’t like the decision.

I sure hope they have agreed to binding arbitration. It would get this fiasco over as soon as possible.
thinktank
Analyst

Post#1056 » by thinktank » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:33 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
thinktank wrote:Call out this, if you're going to call out when people go after posters.

KGdaBom wrote:Complete the statement. Slashing payroll to get under the Luxury tax and likely ending the teams run as a contender.

Yeah, walk it back now that Dane has proven your conclusions erroneous.

You brought up “my novels” because you think I’m telling falsities. But that’s you and other posters who were believing fake news and pedaling erroneous conclusions. Funny how that works—the people throwing stones were in the wrong.

The people in the right are polite and not denegrating people. They don’t need to do that to show their logic.

This “news” absolutely was a “nothing statement”.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,094

Post#1057 » by Domejandro » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:47 pm

Just putting this on the record, if people cannot stop with the personal jabs, I will be locking this thread and banning any discussion on the ownership situation on the forum. I have zero problem making that decision, even though I am fully aware that it will annoy people. The vibes on the forum are pretty whack currently, and this specific thread is playing a huge role in that. Thanks!
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1058 » by KGdaBom » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:53 pm

thinktank wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

You brought up “my novels” because you think I’m telling falsities. But that’s you and other posters who were believing fake news and pedaling erroneous conclusions. Funny how that works—the people throwing stones were in the wrong.

The people in the right are polite and not denegrating people. They don’t need to do that to show their logic.

I didn't walk anything back. I believe you have a vivid imagination. Dane didn't prove any of my conclusions erroneous. I've barely made any conclusions. I didn't say you were telling falsities I just thought you let your imagination run wild to come up with the ideas you came up with. As I said you came up with ideas that I could never have come up with in my wildest dreams. I'm still waiting for you to respond my comments regarding you saying Glen doesn't care about winning. All he cares about is money. You are conveniently ignoring that one. You also completely ignored my questions about you, Lore and ARod ever being deceitful and are you three snakelike.
thinktank
Analyst

Post#1059 » by thinktank » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:55 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
thinktank wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:How is believing you have a vivid imagination going after you.

I didn't walk anything back. I believe you have a vivid imagination. Dane didn't prove any of my conclusions erroneous. I've barely made any conclusions. I didn't say you were telling falsities I just thought you let your imagination run wild to come up with the ideas you came up with. As I said you came up with ideas that I could never have come up with in my wildest dreams.

That’s because I’m smart.

Dane did disprove the story. The projection is meaningless. I think Dane even used the word “nothing”.

You have to look at the entire context of any “news” nugget or stat. The context is what governs the value of the thing. In this case, we have suspect timing, suspect source (governors board—Taylor connection, and suspect “it” (non-binding projection). That tells me: Ignore it. And if anything, it tells me: Looks bad for the source(s) it came from.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1060 » by KGdaBom » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:59 pm

thinktank wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
thinktank wrote:

I didn't walk anything back. I believe you have a vivid imagination. Dane didn't prove any of my conclusions erroneous. I've barely made any conclusions. I didn't say you were telling falsities I just thought you let your imagination run wild to come up with the ideas you came up with. As I said you came up with ideas that I could never have come up with in my wildest dreams.

That’s because I’m smart.

Dane did disprove the story. The projection is meaningless. I think Dane even used the word “nothing”.

You have to look at the entire context of any “news” nugget or stat. The context is what governs the value of the thing.

We all think we're smart. Dane didn't prove or disprove anything.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves