ImageImageImage

[Krawczynski] Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore in serious talks to become the next owners of the Minnesota Timberwolves

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,964

Re: [Krawczynski] Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore in serious talks to become the next owners of the Minnesota Timberwolves 

Post#241 » by Klomp » Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:00 am

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,422

Re: [Krawczynski] Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore in serious talks to become the next owners of the Minnesota Timberwolves 

Post#242 » by Calinks » Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:53 am

Maybe this is their master plan. Drive fan interest into the toilet. Piss off KAT and make him want out. Propose a new stadium that gets shot down instantly because the team is a mess. Then move the team to a new city saying the market doesn't want to support the franchise.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,070

Post#243 » by shangrila » Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:31 am

Calinks wrote:Maybe this is their master plan. Drive fan interest into the toilet. Piss off KAT and make him want out. Propose a new stadium that gets shot down instantly because the team is a mess. Then move the team to a new city saying the market doesn't want to support the franchise.

I'd be fine with it.

The franchise needs a cleanse. We've tried cycling out players, coaches, FOs and now ownership with no change. Time to see if relocating will finally fix things.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#244 » by Klomp » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:18 pm

Read on Twitter
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,246

Post#245 » by Murphs56 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:52 pm

Weren't there rumors at some point that AROD wasn't going to have the cash?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#246 » by Klomp » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:54 pm

Murphs56 wrote:Weren't there rumors at some point that AROD wasn't going to have the cash?

Correct. There have been reports that they've needed to bring in more investors. Regardless of how it happened, they made the next payment.

Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,246

Post#247 » by Murphs56 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:14 pm

Klomp wrote:
Murphs56 wrote:Weren't there rumors at some point that AROD wasn't going to have the cash?

Correct. There have been reports that they've needed to bring in more investors. Regardless of how it happened, they made the next payment.

I'm glad everything is moving in the right direction. Although it has been weird Lore has been way less visible this season. Maybe they agreed AROD would be the enthusiastic cheerleader lol.
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,514

Post#248 » by TimberKat » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:18 am

Murphs56 wrote:
Klomp wrote:

I'm glad everything is moving in the right direction. Although it has been weird Lore has been way less visible this season. Maybe they agreed AROD would be the enthusiastic cheerleader lol.

Yes, for a minutes there I was worry his investment was with FTX and his cash was housed at Silicon Valley Bank.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,708

Post#249 » by shrink » Sun Apr 2, 2023 3:35 am

I don’t want to start a new thread, but I wanted to mention something about the new CBA that could affect the Wolves.

The new CBA includes a provision that removes the midlevel exception for any team that’s $17 mil over the lux. I don’t know how much ARod and Lore are willing to spend, but in 15 months, this could be us. It’s not just paying Ant and Jaden either. Do we give Naz a big, multi year extension? Do we keep SloMo? Who do we spend the MLE this year?

The midlevel is a great way for most teams to add a rotation player to their roster, without giving up trade assets. In the past, the owners just had to be willing to shell out the money. In a couple years, ARod and Lore might not have that option.
shrink
RealGM

Post#250 » by shrink » Tue Apr 4, 2023 4:34 pm

Read on Twitter

Interesting for the Wolves. Depending on whether we keep Naz, MIN could use the full $11.4 MLE in trade, and not be required to use it to overpay for a free agent this summer in a limited FA pool.

For example, we could use it to make the money work to trade Josh Minott for Alex Caruso.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,892

Post#251 » by Colbinii » Tue Apr 4, 2023 4:45 pm

shrink wrote:
Read on Twitter

Interesting for the Wolves. Depending on whether we keep Naz, MIN could use the full $11.4 MLE in trade, and not be required to use it to overpay for a free agent this summer in a limited FA pool.

For example, we could use it to make the money work to trade Josh Minott for Alex Caruso.

What else are we adding to Josh Minott? Wendell Moore Jr?
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
shrink
RealGM

Post#252 » by shrink » Tue Apr 4, 2023 4:50 pm

Colbinii wrote:
shrink wrote:
Read on Twitter

I’d do that, and give up a 2nd as well.

But I really just wanted to show that salary matching won’t matter if the contract was small enough, and Caruso came to mind.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#253 » by Colbinii » Tue Apr 4, 2023 4:52 pm

shrink wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
shrink wrote:
Read on Twitter

I’d do that, and give up a 2nd as well.

But I really just wanted to show that salary matching won’t matter if the contract was small enough, and Caruso came to mind.

I just posted on the T&T board, piggybacking on your idea. What about Monte Morris? Could be had for a few 2nds. Could be a PGOF [and allows Conley to rest more during the regular season]. Washington is going to be well into the Tax with Kuzma/Porzingis extensions.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
shrink
RealGM

Post#254 » by shrink » Tue Apr 4, 2023 5:34 pm

Colbinii wrote:I just posted on the T&T board, piggybacking on your idea. What about Monte Morris? Could be had for a few 2nds. Could be a PGOF [and allows Conley to rest more during the regular season]. Washington is going to be well into the Tax with Kuzma/Porzingis extensions.

I like either one. I don’t know if either team wants to rebuild, but both should consider that direction,

I hope people on other teams know who Minott is.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#255 » by Colbinii » Tue Apr 4, 2023 6:08 pm

shrink wrote:
Colbinii wrote:I just posted on the T&T board, piggybacking on your idea. What about Monte Morris? Could be had for a few 2nds. Could be a PGOF [and allows Conley to rest more during the regular season]. Washington is going to be well into the Tax with Kuzma/Porzingis extensions.

I like either one. I don’t know if either team wants to rebuild, but both should consider that direction,

I hope people on other teams know who Minott is.

Washington isn't rebuilding. They are avoiding the tax.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,264

Post#256 » by Baseline81 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:17 pm

From Charley Walters, Pioneer Press this morning:

"Pending Timberwolves-Lynx owners Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore have a Dec. 31 deadline to pay a remaining sum of more than $500 million of the $1.5 billion purchase price, but people who know say it’s unlikely they will meet the deadline."
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#257 » by Klomp » Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:19 pm

Baseline81 wrote:From Charley Walters, Pioneer Press this morning:

"Pending Timberwolves-Lynx owners Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore have a Dec. 31 deadline to pay a remaining sum of more than $500 million of the $1.5 billion purchase price, but people who know say it’s unlikely they will meet the deadline."

Same type of reporting that came before the last payment. There's a built-in deadline extension to March, I believe. Technically, sale isn't official by NBA Board of Governors until summer anyways I think.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#258 » by Klomp » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:56 pm

Of all his ventures, the Timberwolves are currently occupying the most headspace. The NBA regular season starts this week, and his Timberwolves open their season Wednesday in Toronto against the Raptors.

“I have my hands full in my thoughts thinking about how do we bring a championship to Minnesota,” he said.

https://theathletic.com/4976385/2023/10/23/alex-rodriguez-mlb-playoffs-timberwolves-nba/

NebWolvesFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#259 » by NebWolvesFan » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:17 pm

Klomp wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:From Charley Walters, Pioneer Press this morning:

Same type of reporting that came before the last payment. There's a built-in deadline extension to March, I believe. Technically, sale isn't official by NBA Board of Governors until summer anyways I think.

This was discussed last year too. They just need to tell Glen that they payment is coming. They don't have to pay it.
shrink
RealGM

Post#260 » by shrink » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:16 pm

Biggest “check is in the mail” excuse I ever heard!

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves