ImageImageImage

[Krawczynski] Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore in serious talks to become the next owners of the Minnesota Timberwolves

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,007

[Krawczynski] Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore in serious talks to become the next owners of the Minnesota Timberwolves 

Post#1 » by Domejandro » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:52 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Movics
Pro Prospect
And1: 678

Re: [Krawczynski] Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore in serious talks to become the next owners of the Minnesota Timberwolves 

Post#2 » by Movics » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:04 pm

So Las Vegas or Seattle? Those New York guys with no ties to Minnesota will move the team at their first chance
all I ever needed was somebody with some reason who can keep me sane
Ever since I can remember, I've been keepin' it together, but I'm feelin' strange
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Re: [Krawczynski] Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore in serious talks to become the next owners of the Minnesota Timberwolves 

Post#3 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:08 pm

Movics wrote:So Las Vegas or Seattle? Those New York guys with no ties to Minnesota will move the team at their first chance

I’d be surprised. Unless they pinky swore to papa glen theyd keep them here
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#4 » by Domejandro » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:08 pm

Movics wrote:So Las Vegas or Seattle? Those New York guys with no ties to Minnesota will move the team at their first chance

Zero chance that Glen Taylor sells to someone who intends to move the team.
ChiefKeith91
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#5 » by ChiefKeith91 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:10 pm

These are the 2 places I thought of too. Hope Glen has some stipulation to keep the team here but who knows now

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:14 pm

ChiefKeith91 wrote:

These are the 2 places I thought of too. Hope Glen has some stipulation to keep the team here but who knows now

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Glens born here, went to school here, started a business and nba team here. He’s not stupid lol. I’d be shell shocked if they’re moved
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,200

Post#7 » by Neeva » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:14 pm

Probably Vegas. After the sell is through? What is there to keep the promise? They will probably want their investment to gain value and sadly not happening in Minnesota.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#8 » by Domejandro » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:19 pm

Neeva wrote:Probably Vegas. After the sell is through? What is there to keep the promise? They will probably want their investment to gain value and sadly not happening in Minnesota.

1. The NBA does not want to relocate teams, given that they are set to make more money through expansion.
2. Do you really think, after passing up on billions of dollars, that Glen Taylor is not going to write in stipulations to keep the team in Minnesota?

There is legitimately no reason to even bother speculating here, if I am being blunt. Glen Taylor has the clearest line in the sand possible on who he is willing to sell to.
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#9 » by UnFadeable21 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:19 pm

This is the end of the wolves in MN.

All there is left to keep the team here is $50 million buyout with Minneapolis and Target Center
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:22 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:This is the end of the wolves in MN.

All there is left to keep the team here is $50 million buyout with Minneapolis and Target Center

Yea just like the Vikings left after big wigs from NY bought them.

Target center just went under a massive renovation inside and outside. Zero chance.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,388

Post#11 » by younggunsmn » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:24 pm

Lol you just can't make this stuff up. What a joke.
Sell the team to the biggest fraud in baseball history from the hated Yankees.
Might as well contract the team.
Taylor just became one of the most despised people in all of minnesota whether they move or not.

The steroid memes will be epic though.
Kat will be powerbombing embiid through the floor in no time.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#12 » by Paradise » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:26 pm

Congratulations to Timberwolves fans landing A-Rod as team owner. I totally forgot he was a big fan of D’angelo Russell as a Net.

He’s now a (former) Nets fan but I can guarantee his basketball interest grew a lot watching us build, some of his small podcasts he did shows he does know more then people think of NBA ball and I’d expect a deep pockets ownership duo who will lean on a lot of former basketball players as a foundation in a FO.

I don’t whatsoever believe this leads to relocation. I think that situation weighs on the billionaire partner, Marc Lore but 2023 is enough time to build a solid playoff contender to lessen that noise for you guys.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:28 pm

Ap sports guy says they’re staying

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#14 » by Worm Guts » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:29 pm

younggunsmn wrote:Lol you just can't make this stuff up. What a joke.
Sell the team to the biggest fraud in baseball history from the hated Yankees.
Might as well contract the team.
Taylor just became one of the most despised people in all of minnesota whether they move or not.

The steroid memes will be epic though.
Kat will be powerbombing embiid through the floor in no time.

I’m not sure why I would care about any of that. All that matters is if the team stays and is successful, and we’ll have to wait and see with that.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#15 » by Worm Guts » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:32 pm

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:Ap sports guy says they’re staying

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I believe it for the short term, but this may open the door in the longer term.
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#16 » by UnFadeable21 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:33 pm

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:

Target center just went under a massive renovation inside and outside. Zero chance.

Because Seattle and Las Vegas have new stadiums for a NBA team.

ESPN Brian Windhorst says Target Center is considered the worst stadium in the NBA because it was built in 1990 even with the renovations.

There’s not enough suites and there’s more seats in the upper deck than lower bowl.

Guaranteed this team is moving.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,409

Post#17 » by Calinks » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:33 pm

Wow, scary stuff man, losing the team is the ultimate wolf loss, hope it doesn't happen but not feeling great about it. Rosas is on the mega-hot seat right now.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#18 » by Neeva » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:33 pm

Nba please award Arod and Lore for buying the Timberwolves by letting them keep their pick this year.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#19 » by Neeva » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:34 pm

Calinks wrote:Wow, scary stuff man, losing the team is the ultimate wolf loss, hope it doesn't happen but not feeling great about it. Rosas is on the mega-hot seat right now.

I will still follow the team even if they move to Vegas or wherever tbh.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:35 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:
D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:

Because Seattle and Las Vegas have new stadiums for a NBA team.

ESPN Brian Windhorst says Target Center is considered the worst stadium in the NBA because it was built in 1990 even with the renovations.

There’s not enough suites and there’s more seats in the upper deck than lower bowl.

Guaranteed this team is moving.

Well that’s the first time anyone’s ever taken windys word for value

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves