ImageImageImage

[Krawczynski] Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore in serious talks to become the next owners of the Minnesota Timberwolves

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,991

Re: [Krawczynski] Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore in serious talks to become the next owners of the Minnesota Timberwolves 

Post#1121 » by Nick K » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:26 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:
Nick K wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:On Lore having enough money to buy the Wolves outright if not for Glen's insistence on a 3-year deal. Maybe if he dumped Wonder he could get there, but that doesn't sound like something he'd be willing to do.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/28/sports/marc-lore-depended-too-much-on-alex-rodriguez-for-timberwolves-sources/

Come on man, you don't have any idea of Lore's financial balance sheet. Yet you pretend you do because you read an article in the paper? Those numbers posted in the NY Post are financially incomplete. They only give a glimpse into his finances. You are making assumptions based upon substantially incomplete information.

Anyway, it's moot here because the ONLY issue is the contract language which the arbiter will decide if the sale will or will not go through.

That's exactly what you've been doing for pages and pages.

There is little use communicating with you on this. If you have read my posts and can comprehend them then you will know how I got my information. Go back and read my posts detailing my financial background experience and how I get my information. I get it from people in the business and in the know. You don't.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,747

Re: [Krawczynski] Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore in serious talks to become the next owners of the Minnesota Timberwolves 

Post#1122 » by thinktank » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:50 pm

Did AP guy do a podcast where he said new owners would go into lux if they won a round?
"a poor addition to the board"
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,278

Post#1123 » by BlacJacMac » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:58 pm

Nick K wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:
Nick K wrote:
Come on man, you don't have any idea of Lore's financial balance sheet. Yet you pretend you do because you read an article in the paper? Those numbers posted in the NY Post are financially incomplete. They only give a glimpse into his finances. You are making assumptions based upon substantially incomplete information.

Anyway, it's moot here because the ONLY issue is the contract language which the arbiter will decide if the sale will or will not go through.

There is little use communicating with you on this. If you have read my posts and can comprehend them then you will know how I got my information. Go back and read my posts detailing my financial background experience and how I get my information. I get it from people in the business and in the know. You don't.

Not one of those people have access to any more information than the rest of us.

Can they make an educated guess? Of course they can, but it’s still just a guess. Not the absolutes that you make it out to be.

And how do you know I don’t also know people “in the business”? Just because I’m not posting other peoples opinions as facts?
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#1124 » by Nick K » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:43 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:
Nick K wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:

Not one of those people have access to any more information than the rest of us.

Can they make an educated guess? Of course they can, but it’s still just a guess. Not the absolutes that you make it out to be.

And how do you know I don’t also know people “in the business”? Just because I’m not posting other peoples opinions as facts?

That is one of the most stupid statements I've ever read. It shows me you have no clue. Do you know what a NY stock exchange firm is? Do you think they have information about these things? If you can't understand that an informed opinion like theirs is valid then believe what you want.

If you don't get it by now, I give up.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,278

Post#1125 » by BlacJacMac » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:57 pm

Nick K wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:
Nick K wrote:

Do you know what a NY stock exchange firm is? Do you think they have information about these things?

Do I think they have specific information about the sale of the Timberwolves?

No.
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#1126 » by Nick K » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:04 am

BlacJacMac wrote:
Nick K wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:

Do you know what a NY stock exchange firm is? Do you think they have information about these things?

Do I think they have specific information about the sale of the Timberwolves?

No.

I edited my previous post.

Does this guy have specific info on the Wolves sale you ask? I don't know. I didn't ask him. I just asked about Lore's net worth and he told me Lore has billions and if anybody is worried he cant run the Wolves they are poorly informed.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,747

Post#1127 » by thinktank » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:35 pm

I would agree with that, given we know that Lore has ~ 600 million in just stock shares, and stock shares comprise about ~20% of the average ultra rich person’s assets.

600M x (100%/20%) = 3B
"a poor addition to the board"
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,850

Post#1128 » by KGdaBom » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:03 pm

Nick K wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
thinktank wrote:
I think it’s real that Lore and ARod don’t want to get into mud-slinging. I think they may have even said something to that affect (recognizing the irony).

This won’t play out in the media.

The media doesn’t matter.

Winning the media battle accomplishes nothing.

That’s realer than real deal Holyfield copyright snoop dog.

PS. If we want to observe media, what about other non-sale-critical factors like the team’s perception? I sat almost courtside in Target seats last night (ridiculous seats) and Ant sure likes to point and have fun with ARod and Lore before, during, and after games. And remember when Ant got 50 and he proudly displayed KG on his hand? But who cares? The court of public opinion is just theatre. These things don’t have value to arbitrators.

The playing this out in the media and mud-slinging started with A Rod and Lore telling the press that Glen didn't think Connelly would come here and saying how Glen didn't want us to trade for Gobert. Neither of those things could have happened without Glen approving them in the end. Good for A Rod and Lore coming up with the Connelly for GM idea, but without Glen it doesn't get done. A Rod and Lore shouldn't be taking credit for all of the Wolves success.

I wouldn't consider those comments mudslinging. They were factual. And yes, It informs us of the different management styles of the two parties. I like the Lo/Rod vision.

Glen ultimately approved it because Glen had given Lo/Rod wide latitude to move the Wolves in their vision because they were buying the team after all. Glen Taylor wanted the 3 year transition period and Lo/Rod acquiesced in a spirit of cooperation. Glen just had a last minute change of heart and welshed on a good faith deal. It has nothing to do with Lo'Rod money or lack of it. As the NBA commish Silver said, it's all about the technicality in the contract regarding performance. The arbiter will decide and hopefully soon.

Whether true or not praising themselves and trying to make Taylor look bad is mudslinging. If A Rod and Lore missed Deadlines Taylor welshed on nothing.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1129 » by KGdaBom » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:11 pm

Nick K wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:On Lore having enough money to buy the Wolves outright if not for Glen's insistence on a 3-year deal. Maybe if he dumped Wonder he could get there, but that doesn't sound like something he'd be willing to do.

The New York Times this month published a feature on Lore and his plans to make Wonder a $30 billion market cap company.

Wonder, as The Post reported exclusively, offered deep discounts to investors who bought convertible shares in the round valuing the company at $3.5 billion — the same valuation Wonder fetched when it last raised money in June 2022.

Lore owns more than half of the company, and it represents much of his net worth.

Under terms of the new offer, investors who bought the securities now will be granted the option of converting them into stock at a 50 percent discount to the company’s valuation during its next fund-raising round making this a down round.

Lore, who founded Diapers.com and famously sold his grocery start-up Jet.com to Walmart in 2016 for $3.3 billion, told Fox Business last month he now spends 100 hours a week on Wonder.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/28/sports/marc-lore-depended-too-much-on-alex-rodriguez-for-timberwolves-sources/

Congratulations. You are one of the few people I have ever seen spell moot correctly and use it correctly.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1130 » by KGdaBom » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:13 pm

Nick K wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:
Nick K wrote:

I believe you get it from people in the business. I'm almost certain they are not in the know.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1131 » by KGdaBom » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:14 pm

Nick K wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:
Nick K wrote:

That is one of the most stupid statements I've ever read. It shows me you have no clue. Do you know what a NY stock exchange firm is? Do you think they have information about these things? If you can't understand that an informed opinion like theirs is valid then believe what you want.

Thank you. I'm so glad you have.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1132 » by KGdaBom » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:05 am

Klomp wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:The playing this out in the media and mud-slinging started with A Rod and Lore telling the press that Glen didn't think Connelly would come here and saying how Glen didn't want us to trade for Gobert. Neither of those things could have happened without Glen approving them in the end. Good for A Rod and Lore coming up with the Connelly for GM idea, but without Glen it doesn't get done. A Rod and Lore shouldn't be taking credit for all of the Wolves success.

WRONG.

“They wanted that private room for themselves down there,” Taylor told The Athletic. “I didn’t think that was a very good idea. But I OK’d it and paid for it and stuff like this. So I bent the corners a little bit and stuff like this here. But, I mean, that was more of their priority that they had that room than, ‘Who are we trading for?’”

"Lore told me he has been busy 24/7 with other projects. And ARod — he has a lot of people to meet when he's at a game."

Just two examples from his media tour the day the press release came out. All of the stuff from Alex and Marc didn't come until the next day.

Klomp even if they were the driving force behind Connelly and the Gobert trade they shouldn't be taking credit for all of the Wolves success. We are a team both players and management and we win or lose as a team.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,983

Post#1133 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:29 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:The playing this out in the media and mud-slinging started with A Rod and Lore telling the press that Glen didn't think Connelly would come here and saying how Glen didn't want us to trade for Gobert. Neither of those things could have happened without Glen approving them in the end. Good for A Rod and Lore coming up with the Connelly for GM idea, but without Glen it doesn't get done. A Rod and Lore shouldn't be taking credit for all of the Wolves success.

WRONG.

“They wanted that private room for themselves down there,” Taylor told The Athletic. “I didn’t think that was a very good idea. But I OK’d it and paid for it and stuff like this. So I bent the corners a little bit and stuff like this here. But, I mean, that was more of their priority that they had that room than, ‘Who are we trading for?’”

"Lore told me he has been busy 24/7 with other projects. And ARod — he has a lot of people to meet when he's at a game."

Just two examples from his media tour the day the press release came out. All of the stuff from Alex and Marc didn't come until the next day.

Klomp even if they were the driving force behind Connelly and the Gobert trade they shouldn't be taking credit for all of the Wolves success. We are a team both players and management and we win or lose as a team.

That has nothing to do with what I was saying.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 436

Post#1134 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:54 am

We don’t know what’s going to happen ! Just one thing is for sure, their money won’t fix our TO current problem :)
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1135 » by KGdaBom » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:29 pm

Klomp wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:WRONG.

That has nothing to do with what I was saying.

OK you're saying that Glen started the mudslinging with the comments you posted and A Rod and Lore followed up the next day. Got it. I've always been of the opinion that neither side should be leaking anything to the media.
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#1136 » by Nick K » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:54 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Nick K wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:

Thank you. I'm so glad you have.

Your opinion means nothing to me anymore. Good luck.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,315

Post#1137 » by Mattya » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:39 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:

WRONG.

Where did they take credit for all the success Glen? Why were you so upset with sharing the success with them?
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,064

Post#1138 » by Domejandro » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:49 am

You guys failed, ownership discussion is banned until after the Playoffs.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves