ImageImageImage

[Krawczynski] Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore in serious talks to become the next owners of the Minnesota Timberwolves

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,727

Re: [Krawczynski] Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore in serious talks to become the next owners of the Minnesota Timberwolves 

Post#501 » by thinktank » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:32 pm

Here’s my take:

1. Taylor is a devil in disguise, but obviously not a very intelligent or capable devil, albeit a dangerous one.

2. Taylor is an **** for being a distraction at this particular point in time of the best start in team history. Our orginazational health right now should be his primary concern. This could be kept behind closed doors. But as usual, Taylor is blabbing his mouth out of turn. I hope to hell that Lore / ARod win. It’s no coincidence the juju got great when they showed up. Rosas did a fine job, and so did Connelly. I consider it to be broken-clock-Taylor being right twice a day.

3. #2 is indicative of the larger pattern with Taylor, which is negligence and failure.

4. I’ll say it again: Lore / ARod can benefit from this increased valuation just as much as Taylor can, e.g. Lore / ARod are just as likely to go into the lux, if not more likely than Taylor.
"a poor addition to the board"
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,850

Re: [Krawczynski] Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore in serious talks to become the next owners of the Minnesota Timberwolves 

Post#502 » by KGdaBom » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:37 pm

shrink wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
guest81 wrote:
I've been a Wolves fan since 98. I think if you've been a fan longer then like 5 years, you can't say Glen has been a good owner just from what he's put fans through
I was a fan of the Wolves ever since their inception 1989. I was in the Wolves locker room with the players and coaches for their second ever draft (1990 Felton Spencer).

Glen and David Stern are the reasons the Wolves stayed in Minnesota. I give him credit for that. Did I say Glen was a good owner? Show me where. Maybe I'm senile or whatever else happens to old people and I forgot when I called Glen a good owner.

Very cool locker room story! I went to games in the MetroDome in the first season, #4 on the all time list for NBA attendance for a regular season game (49,550).

But locker room? Very cool.

I worked Wolves games as a vendor at both the Metrodome and Target center. A friend of mine won VIP tickets to the Wolves first draft party at Target center. All access plus food and booze. Marshall Tucker band played the event IIRC.
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#503 » by UnFadeable21 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:39 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=agH1niztkujZdnBjj-2YZg

EXCLUSIVE: AROD and Marc Lore say they’re confident they will be the next owners of the Minnesota Timberwolves despite Glen Taylor’s recent proclamation that their deal is off.

Lore: “We’re going to be the owners of the Minnesota Timberwolves. It’s just a matter of time, and how much pain Glen (Taylor) wants to put the fans, the players, the town and community through.

It’s his choice. It didn’t have to be this way.”
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,496

Post#504 » by guest81 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:40 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
guest81 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote: I was a fan of the Wolves ever since their inception 1989. I was in the Wolves locker room with the players and coaches for their second ever draft (1990 Felton Spencer).

Glen and David Stern are the reasons the Wolves stayed in Minnesota. I give him credit for that. Did I say Glen was a good owner? Show me where. Maybe I'm senile or whatever else happens to old people and I forgot when I called Glen a good owner.

I don't think it's being irrational to suggest gay Glen continuing to be the owner in the foreseeable future is nothing short of a disaster

Now you're getting downright ridiculous. Yes i know gay can mean happy. If that's what you mean use the word happy.

Typo. I don't care how Glen swings
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#505 » by guest81 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:41 pm

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

I wouldn't doubt if Glen just had one 90 year old lawyer that he's had since 1955
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,850

Post#506 » by KGdaBom » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:42 pm

guest81 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
guest81 wrote:
I don't think it's being irrational to suggest gay Glen continuing to be the owner in the foreseeable future is nothing short of a disaster

Now you're getting downright ridiculous. Yes i know gay can mean happy. If that's what you mean use the word happy.

What did you mean to type instead of gay?
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,727

Post#507 » by thinktank » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:52 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
guest81 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Now you're getting downright ridiculous. Yes i know gay can mean happy. If that's what you mean use the word happy.

My powers of reason lead me to believe he meant to type “that”. Both the T and H keys are next to the G key. T is next to Y. I don’t know how I do it. :)
"a poor addition to the board"
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#508 » by guest81 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:04 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
guest81 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Now you're getting downright ridiculous. Yes i know gay can mean happy. If that's what you mean use the word happy.

Supposed to be that. Probably not the best idea to type quick at work with fat fingers
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,075

Post#509 » by shangrila » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:09 pm

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Doogie biting the hand that feeds
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,482

Post#510 » by winforlose » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:09 pm

So the key question for the legal process is as follows. Glen is under the impression there is a step in the agreement before 6.4(a) that Lore and AROD did not meet. Lore and AROD say there is no such step. I have to believe Glen has his lawyers advising him on the deal. Without the text I cannot begin to pretend to know who is correct. End of the day if that step exists Glen wins, if not Glen loses. It really is that simple.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,247

Post#511 » by Murphs56 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:27 pm

Taylor is a crusty old man that realized the team is worth a lot more than what he sold for. Hope Marc and Alex win out.
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#512 » by guest81 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:48 pm

Dane Moore just put out an interview with arod and Lore and it is a must listen. This is going to get very ugly.
Dalvin
Rookie
And1: 875

Post#513 » by Dalvin » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:49 pm

Conspiracy glasses on:

Guess all this wrangling on who is the owner, because Silver already handpicked the team to win the championship this season. Taylor, ARod and Lore are fighting who gets to be called owner of the team's first championship.
:lol:
shrink wrote:Good point, and welcome to the boards.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,757

Post#514 » by shrink » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:59 pm

Arod and Lore on Dane’s podcast.

Lots of character assassination, which some will like.

So much spin right now, from both sides probably.

1. “We gave Carlyle time but we had to walk out on them.” All sources have said Carlyle bailed.

2. Said they were rich enough to just buy the team, but Glen wanted two years to mentor

3. Hard to believe anyone at Lore’s level “has never been sued, and never sued anyone”

4. When asked about not being around, revealed a supposed conversation where Wolves President asked them to back off a little, so Glen could feel in charge. That’s going to be an uncomfortable conversation tomorrow!

Also, desperate to say, “Taylor is doing this to you, the fans!” I’m curious if you asked both sides, “for the sake of the fans, would you step back?” neither would agree. Rich people fighting over their toy.

Listen for yourself. I think it will likely reinforce whatever you previously thought.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,989

Post#515 » by Nick K » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:04 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
guest81 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Guest I'm with Shrink. You are being completely irrational.

I've been a Wolves fan since 98. I think if you've been a fan longer then like 5 years, you can't say Glen has been a good owner just from what he's put fans through
I was a fan of the Wolves ever since their inception 1989. I was in the Wolves locker room with the players and coaches for their second ever draft (1990 Felton Spencer).

That's interesting. We've traveled similar paths. How much bad basketball can two people take? :) I've been a fan since game 1 at the Metrodome. The players looked like ants from the lower level even. I wasn't in the locker room but I was at the draft party. I was disappointed with the Felton Spencer pick. I had high hopes for Gerald Glass at least. He turned out to be a flop. Of course we could have had Eldon Campbell, Tony Kukoc, Antoni Davis or Cedric Ceballos. They weren't good enough for us.

Sorry, I didn't mean to leave out many of you other long time Wolves fan.
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#516 » by UnFadeable21 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:04 pm

Glen Taylor has now kicked Lore and Arod out of Target Center lmao

As soon as he issued his statement Thursday, Taylor’s attorney also informed Rodriguez and Lore that they were no longer allowed to be in the back hallways of Target Center where that owners’ suite is located, and that they were not to communicate with president of basketball operations Tim Connelly, CEO Ethan Casson or any of the principal leaders of the basketball and business departments.

“It feels very much like a slap in the face and much more personal than even just about the money,” Lore said.

Neither side appears ready to back down.

“It is now personal,” Rodriguez said. “We can be in this (fight) for five years, 10 years, whatever. We’re not going to let go.”

Added Lore: “We will use every ounce of effort here to enforce the contract that Glen broke. So that means time, capital, whatever means necessary.”

Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#517 » by Nick K » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:11 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
guest81 wrote:
shrink wrote:Have you watched the last two years? Ant is pretty good, and he was selected by Taylor’s GM. Taylor’s GM drafted Jaden, and Taylor’s GM picked Finch, even when there was a public outcry against it.

Yes, Taylor has made many mistakes, but if you only give your side credit for wins, you aren’t fairly accessing the situation. No credit for Ant? “None?”

Dude! Come back to earth. Your hate is making you irrational, and it’s embarrassing.

Sure, give him that credit. But he's also been the owner for what 25 years now? 2 of them are good? Yea ant ok, Glen was also involved in kg, a top 10 talent of all time, and ruined his career for what it should of been then has distanced him from the franchise. That's glen

Are we debating if Glen has made mistakes? There should be no debate. Glen has made mistakes. Are we debating who's to blame in the purchase of the Wolves falling apart? Glen's culpability is in agreeing to the sale over years with a couple of guys not capable or willing to pull it off. Glen should have never agreed to sell to A Rod and Lore and particularly under the stupid arrangement that was made. Everything since the purchase agreement was signed is on A Rod and Lore for not coming through with the agreed to deadlines. Glen without question made the right choice to terminate the sale and put an end to this charade.

Really? Who said they didn't have the money? They have the money but Glen just welshed on the deal using a technicality. Check this out.....

Maybe there is an automatic extension for league approval? Look at section 6.4 specifically.

Dan Bowling
@Dan4Bowling
Everyone's asking for my take on the Lore + Arod situation. Instead of replying to all the DM's here you go:

1. The contact is ironclad regarding a call option around the closing. This basically says the NBA has to approve before they can close, therefore an automatic extension. The contract is below - enjoy!

Obviously, if the NBA doesn't approve, you're not going to pay for the ownership. That's spelled out here. So, Glen is in breach of contract. Also, the March 27th date is fictional, real deadline is now the end of June as they await NBA approval.

2. I'm not sure why Glen continues to make false statements, which he's done multiple times regarding dates, but it's been clear many times that he doesn't understand his own deal. Odd too, as these are his partners even if they don't secure the next 40%. Marc and Alex have certainly helped increase the valuation of the entity - Glen can't just take that back now.

3. What will happen next: Marc and Alex rarely speak about rumors and untruths, which is why they have been quiet. However, Glen putting out press releases and saying the team is not for sale will force their hand.

I'm sure you'll hear from Marc and Alex soon to clear up their whole story, hopefully on my favorite podcast...

4. The end game: Glen's historical reputation will be amplified as he's forced to sell his shares because he didn't understand his own deal.
-----------------------------------

Look KGDBOM, I appreciate Glen for keeping the team here. But the poor bastard has made one bad decision after another for 30 years. He finally makes a good decision in LO/Rod but gets greedy at the last moment because the franchise has almost doubled since he made the deal. Glen looks really bad here. It's a shame too.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,965

Post#518 » by Klomp » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:14 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:Glen Taylor has now kicked Lore and Arod out of Target Center lmao

As soon as he issued his statement Thursday, Taylor’s attorney also informed Rodriguez and Lore that they were no longer allowed to be in the back hallways of Target Center where that owners’ suite is located, and that they were not to communicate with president of basketball operations Tim Connelly, CEO Ethan Casson or any of the principal leaders of the basketball and business departments.

“It feels very much like a slap in the face and much more personal than even just about the money,” Lore said.

Neither side appears ready to back down.

“It is now personal,” Rodriguez said. “We can be in this (fight) for five years, 10 years, whatever. We’re not going to let go.”

Added Lore: “We will use every ounce of effort here to enforce the contract that Glen broke. So that means time, capital, whatever means necessary.”

This right here is what shows to me Glen's true colors.

Whether or not this final payment was made on time or whatever, Lore and Rodriguez are bought in as minority owners of the franchise.

Glen's words yesterday: "I will work with them, as I do with my other limited [partners].''

So this is how Glen treats his limited partners?! By barring them from the arena and from communicating with team employees?!
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#519 » by Nick K » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:25 pm

thinktank wrote:Here’s my take:

1. Taylor is a devil in disguise, but obviously not a very intelligent or capable devil, albeit a dangerous one.

2. Taylor is an **** for being a distraction at this particular point in time of the best start in team history. Our orginazational health right now should be his primary concern. This could be kept behind closed doors. But as usual, Taylor is blabbing his mouth out of turn. I hope to hell that Lore / ARod win. It’s no coincidence the juju got great when they showed up. Rosas did a fine job, and so did Connelly. I consider it to be broken-clock-Taylor being right twice a day.

3. #2 is indicative of the larger pattern with Taylor, which is negligence and failure.

4. I’ll say it again: Lore / ARod can benefit from this increased valuation just as much as Taylor can, e.g. Lore / ARod are just as likely to go into the lux, if not more likely than Taylor.

I mostly agree and that's a shame. Glen just wants to be the big wheel when times are good. But he comes out looking like a rat. Maybe his age is catching up with him.
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,080

Post#520 » by MN7725 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:36 pm

Nick K wrote:
thinktank wrote:Here’s my take:

I mostly agree and that's a shame. Glen just wants to be the big wheel when times are good. But he comes out looking like a rat. Maybe his age is catching up with him.

can't wait for KG's take

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves