ImageImageImage

[Krawczynski] Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore in serious talks to become the next owners of the Minnesota Timberwolves

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,596

Re: [Krawczynski] Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore in serious talks to become the next owners of the Minnesota Timberwolves 

Post#561 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:56 am

Nick K wrote:
To say these guys are not wealthy is preposterous to begin with. If this guy knew what he was talking about he should have said at minimum that they are not liquid. Lore is worth 4 billion according to Forbes.

You sure about that? Mind including a reference because...

1) He isn't included in the billionaire list when I look at the real time rankings: https://www.forbes.com/real-time-billionaires/#27f3b8243d78

2) He isn't included in the billionaire list when I look at the end of 2023: https://www.forbes.com/billionaires/

3) Forbes instead describes him as worth considerably less than your 4B figure:
But Lore, who is worth more than $500 million

https://www.forbes.com/sites/noahkirsch/2021/07/01/electric-jets-underground-garbage-and-no-land-ownership-welcome-to-marc-lores-city-of-the-future/?sh=1f44c8b16c12

4) Any calculation I have seen that gets to 4B includes ~3B that Lore was absolutely not paid.

5) Similarly, other public sources peg him at less than a billion in Net worth, such as:
Marc E. Lore has an estimated net worth of $642 Million.

https://www.benzinga.com/sec/insider-trades/0001684616/marc-e-lore

It is just that all the research I have seen makes it look like you are just wrong, so would appreciate you sharing what you have seen that contradicts Forbes itself.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Re: [Krawczynski] Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore in serious talks to become the next owners of the Minnesota Timberwolves 

Post#562 » by KGdaBom » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:24 am

Please don't give up 4 more points. I want the under 100.
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,519

Post#563 » by TimberKat » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:36 am

KGdaBom wrote:Please don't give up 4 more points. I want the under 100.

That is the odds ARod wins the lawsuit against Taylor? :D
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,489

Post#564 » by guest81 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:25 pm

The more that comes out the more it looks like Lore and arod have the legal right. My prediction is that the ultimately become the owners but throw in something extra to Glen in order for him to save face
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#565 » by KGdaBom » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:59 pm

guest81 wrote:The more that comes out the more it looks like Lore and arod have the legal right. My prediction is that the ultimately become the owners but throw in something extra to Glen in order for him to save face

I think that would have to be an out of court settlement. I'm very concerned that if A Rod and Lore get the team they won't have the financial capability to operate it.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,725

Post#566 » by thinktank » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:14 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
guest81 wrote:The more that comes out the more it looks like Lore and arod have the legal right. My prediction is that the ultimately become the owners but throw in something extra to Glen in order for him to save face

I think that would have to be an out of court settlement. I'm very concerned that if A Rod and Lore get the team they won't have the financial capability to operate it.

What gives you that concern? Show me the financials / data, please.
"a poor addition to the board"
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#567 » by Mattya » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:18 pm

The fact that Taylor wont allow Lore and ARod in certain parts of the arena, and wont let staff communicate with them is the tell that Taylor is in the wrong here. Taylor had sellers remorse, plus was jealous of the popularity and success under those two. Hopefully the board of governors and the other owners can force this guy out.
Zonarosa
Sophomore
And1: 64

Post#568 » by Zonarosa » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:23 pm

whole bunch of law experts up in here who’ve not seen the contracts with insight into how taylor, lore and rodriguez operate.

keep it coming.
thinktank
Analyst

Post#569 » by thinktank » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:30 pm

Mattya wrote:The fact that Taylor wont allow Lore and ARod in certain parts of the arena, and wont let staff communicate with them is the tell that Taylor is in the wrong here. Taylor had sellers remorse, plus was jealous of the popularity and success under those two. Hopefully the board of governors and the other owners can force this guy out.

Can you imagine tying up so much money into an investment for two years or whatever and then your contractual partner just locks you out?

That’s just not right.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#570 » by KGdaBom » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:59 pm

thinktank wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

I'm not a financial expert. I'm influenced by what Hartford Whalers, Shrink, and YoungGunsMN have to say. They are giving me the concern.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#571 » by KGdaBom » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:00 pm

Mattya wrote:The fact that Taylor wont allow Lore and ARod in certain parts of the arena, and wont let staff communicate with them is the tell that Taylor is in the wrong here. Taylor had sellers remorse, plus was jealous of the popularity and success under those two. Hopefully the board of governors and the other owners can force this guy out.

That's not a tell at all. One thing seems obvious. The Board of Governors will not approve the sale with a huge part of the sale being a high interest loan from the Dyal Group.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,260

Post#572 » by BlacJacMac » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:10 pm

KGdaBom wrote:

Why are you concerned for ALore? I thought you were adamant Taylor was in the right.
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#573 » by guest81 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:12 pm

KGdaBom wrote:

I find it hard to believe that this team that they pretty much had their stamp on, knowing the financial cost, would all of a sudden pull the rug out from the team
thinktank
Analyst

Post#574 » by thinktank » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:17 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
thinktank wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I think that would have to be an out of court settlement. I'm very concerned that if A Rod and Lore get the team they won't have the financial capability to operate it.

I'm not a financial expert. I'm influenced by what Hartford Whalers, Shrink, and YoungGunsMN have to say. They are giving me the concern.

Ok. With respect, I don’t know why you would trust one poster source over another.

My thought is that whoever owns the team has massive collateral for whatever is needed.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#575 » by KGdaBom » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:25 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

Why are you concerned for ALore? I thought you were adamant Taylor was in the right.

I'm not adamant Taylor is in the right. I think he is. My concern isn't for A Rod or Lore. I refuse to ship them as ALore. My concern is for the team and it's fans.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#576 » by KGdaBom » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:29 pm

thinktank wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
thinktank wrote:

Ok. With respect, I don’t know why you would trust one poster source over another.

My thought is that whoever owns the team has massive collateral for whatever is needed.

When it comes to the rules/legal stuff my opinion is that Shrink is the best of us. I fight with YoungGuns over IMO his fatalistic look at our team, but that has gotten much better recently. I believe he is one of the very brightest on the board. I have heard the name Hartford Whalers spoken with reverence on several occasions. I've never seen him before his post last night. I'll take him as probably being one of the biggest experts in all of RealGM based on his reputation. I take their opinions into greater account than other opinions, especially when other opinions seem to be emotionally charged and biased because they don't like Glen.
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,123

Post#577 » by m2002brian » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:46 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
thinktank wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I'm not a financial expert. I'm influenced by what Hartford Whalers, Shrink, and YoungGunsMN have to say. They are giving me the concern.

When it comes to the rules/legal stuff my opinion is that Shrink is the best of us. I fight with YoungGuns over IMO his fatalistic look at our team, but that has gotten much better recently. I believe he is one of the very brightest on the board. I have heard the name Hartford Whalers spoken with reverence on several occasions. I've never seen him before his post last night. I'll take him as probably being one of the biggest experts in all of RealGM based on his reputation. I take their opinions into greater account than other opinions, especially when other opinions seem to be emotionally charged and biased because they don't like Glen.

For the record…

I just don’t like Glen.
BLUEGREENRED
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#578 » by KGdaBom » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:28 pm

m2002brian wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
thinktank wrote:

For the record…

I just don’t like Glen.

Eggzactly. :D So I'd give Shrink, YoungGuns and Hartford Whalers posts greater weight than yours.
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#579 » by guest81 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:48 pm

m2002brian wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
thinktank wrote:

For the record…

I just don’t like Glen.

Ditto
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,596

Post#580 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:37 pm

thinktank wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
thinktank wrote:

I made sure to source all my comments so that it was clear where the information came from.

I haven’t seen the same from those claiming Lore has 7x what he is reported to have by Forbes for instance.

That’s said, I do think that if they take the team over they can finance a tax team for a year or two. However I don’t have any sourcing on that, so weigh it the same as all the other unsourced comments :)

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves