You win!
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,928

Re: Fun facts and unreal stats 

Post#83 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 7, 2022 4:32 pm

Worm Guts wrote:Still no match for Dick Trickle

:lol:
But auto racing doesn't count as a sport to me.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#84 » by Klomp » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:34 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,631

Post#85 » by winforlose » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:24 am

One thing I forgot to mention in the game thread and that probably belongs here instead is what Rudy did in the 2nd quarter. In approximately 3:45 Rudy managed to draw 4 team fouls against OKC, 3 fouls against JRE, and give us more than 8 minutes in the bonus. That is both fun and unreal.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#86 » by minimus » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:48 pm

Expectation from this season

What I did not expected to see, but it has already happened:

* - short roll passing (Dray Green) style
* - 7 assist from Towns and 7 from Ant
* - two dunks from MCD
* - 20+ points from Gobert
* - excellent Nowell assist to rolling Gobert and dunk
* - two charges from TP

What I expected to see, but it has not happened yet:

* - 10+ assist from DLo
* - 10+ 3pt makes from Ant
* - 10+ screen assist from Gobert
* - 5+ blocks from Gobert
* - 5+ 3pt makes from Towns
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#87 » by Klomp » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:39 pm

winforlose wrote:One thing I forgot to mention in the game thread and that probably belongs here instead is what Rudy did in the 2nd quarter. In approximately 3:45 Rudy managed to draw 4 team fouls against OKC, 3 fouls against JRE, and give us more than 8 minutes in the bonus. That is both fun and unreal.

Yeah that's a big bonus of involving him in the offense more.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

winforlose
General Manager

Post#88 » by winforlose » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:51 am

Before the game, Beasley talked about killing us, presumably to get his revenge. Beasley went 6/16 and 3/9 from 3. He scored 15 points on 16 shots in 29:57. By comparison, his replacement Jaylen Nowell shot 8/14 and 2/5 from 3. He scored 18 points on 14 shots in 19:38. My question, why not play Nowell more?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#89 » by Klomp » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:24 am

Read on Twitter

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#90 » by Klomp » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:24 am

Read on Twitter

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#91 » by Klomp » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:25 am

Read on Twitter

winforlose
General Manager

Post#92 » by winforlose » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:25 am

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Holy ****. I thought that was a mistake on NBA.com. Wow.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#93 » by Klomp » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:28 am

Read on Twitter

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#94 » by KGdaBom » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:34 am

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

It was an easy win because we shot so well and there were less OBoard ops because we shot so well. That said it's ridiculous to not get an offensive rebound and depressing.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,040

Post#95 » by shrink » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:37 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

It was an easy win because we shot so well and there were less OBoard ops because we shot so well. That said it's ridiculous to not get an offensive rebound and depressing.

I think this is just a fluke. Plus, if we lead the league in 3PA again this year, it randomizes who gets OREB’s.

I’m not worrying about it though when we had Gobert pulling down 20 total rebounds in his first few games. But you’re right, I bet if we lost this game, the offensive rebounding would be front page news in Minnesota talking about how horrible we are.
shrink
RealGM

Post#96 » by shrink » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:45 pm

Read on Twitter

Ok, this is probably just a personal annoyance, but it bothers me when people write like this.

The initial fact is jaw-dropping, but then they follow it up with a less impressive stat, diminishing the line.

It’s like saying. “Michael Jordan holds the all time record for points in a playoff game (63) and he’s one of 412 players who’ve scored more than 25.”

Ant being the youngest ALONE to reach 400 three’s is the big deal.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#97 » by winforlose » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:52 pm

shrink wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ok, this is probably just a personal annoyance, but it bothers me when people write like this.

The initial fact is jaw-dropping, but then they follow it up with a less impressive stat, diminishing the line.

It’s like saying. “Michael Jordan holds the all time record for points in a playoff game (63) and he’s one of 412 players who’ve scored more than 25.”

Ant being the youngest ALONE to reach 400 three’s is the big deal.

I just wonder about attempts relative to other people. If took double or triple the attempts of close competition it is slightly less impressive. If the attempts are close then the achievement is more impressive.
shrink
RealGM

Post#98 » by shrink » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:18 pm

winforlose wrote:I just wonder about attempts relative to other people. If took double or triple the attempts of close competition it is slightly less impressive. If the attempts are close then the achievement is more impressive.

You’re right. Not to diminish Ant, but part of this stat is just the changing demographic of the NBA. For much of the NBA’s history, very few players were even allowed to enter the NBA at Ant’s age, so guys like JJ Reddick and Kyle Korver entered the NBA at Age 22. Plus, it’s only been recently when such emphasis was put on the three point shot, particularly from a top scorer that will get lots of minutes and attempts.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#99 » by Klomp » Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:37 pm

shrink wrote:
winforlose wrote:I just wonder about attempts relative to other people. If took double or triple the attempts of close competition it is slightly less impressive. If the attempts are close then the achievement is more impressive.

You’re right. Not to diminish Ant, but part of this stat is just the changing demographic of the NBA. For much of the NBA’s history, very few players were even allowed to enter the NBA at Ant’s age, so guys like JJ Reddick and Kyle Korver entered the NBA at Age 22. Plus, it’s only been recently when such emphasis was put on the three point shot, particularly from a top scorer that will get lots of minutes and attempts.

Redick and Korver were allowed to enter the draft sooner if they so desired. Do names like Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, etc. not ring a bell?

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#100 » by KGdaBom » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:41 pm

Klomp wrote:
shrink wrote:

Redick and Korver were allowed to enter the draft sooner if they so desired. Do names like Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, etc. not ring a bell?

There are exceptions, but Shrink has a point about age. Many players didn't have the opportunity to start their NBA career so young. Ant did spend one year in college, but he reclassified allowing him to start early. He could have been a high school senior if I understand correctly when he attended his freshman year at Georgia.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves