ImageImageImage

**The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread: Part Two**

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,070

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread: Part Two** 

Post#1221 » by shangrila » Sat Mar 9, 2024 3:52 am

Movics wrote:Too lazy to read back, sorry. Are they removing his meniscus completely that he will be back to basketball activities so fast?

I don't think they ever remove anyone's meniscus entirely. They are shaving some off, which leads to the faster turnaround.
Movics
Pro Prospect
And1: 678

Post#1222 » by Movics » Sat Mar 9, 2024 4:02 am

shangrila wrote:
Movics wrote:Too lazy to read back, sorry. Are they removing his meniscus completely that he will be back to basketball activities so fast?

I don't think they ever remove anyone's meniscus entirely. They are shaving some off, which leads to the faster turnaround.

I was only saying it only because of a traumatologist friend of mine who said it is a possibility to remove the meniscus and just continuously treat it.
Said friend also thinks shaving off a part of it and reattaching it has to be repeated every so often, otherwise it would just tear again.
all I ever needed was somebody with some reason who can keep me sane
Ever since I can remember, I've been keepin' it together, but I'm feelin' strange
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,455

Post#1223 » by winforlose » Sat Mar 9, 2024 4:18 am

Movics wrote:
shangrila wrote:

I was only saying it only because of a traumatologist friend of mine who said it is a possibility to remove the meniscus and just continuously threatening it.
Said friend also thinks shaving off a part of it and reattaching it has to be repeated every so often, otherwise it would just tear again.

I don’t know if that is universally true. I do know that removing the whole thing would have a lot of consequences including a high likelihood of developing arthritis. Without the membrane you get a lot of bone on bone. I also think it depends on the positioning and extent of the tear. A very small tear might be easy to remove the effected area with few if any long term consequences. A larger or poorly positioned tear could be more problematic. This is just based on causal reading.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,070

Post#1224 » by shangrila » Sat Mar 9, 2024 6:40 am

Movics wrote:
shangrila wrote:

I was only saying it only because of a traumatologist friend of mine who said it is a possibility to remove the meniscus and just continuously threatening it.

I'm no doctor so if your friend is I'd defer to their opinion.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,716

Post#1225 » by thinktank » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:56 pm

Regarding the lineup conversation:

I want Finch to play NAW more.

I’m in favor of the slide down.

Use Anderson against more bench.

On O this will help us space the floor and attack close outs with McDaniels, as opposed to Anderson.

On D we’d have a lot of versatility with NAW and McD.
"a poor addition to the board"
winforlose
General Manager

Post#1226 » by winforlose » Sat Mar 9, 2024 4:17 pm

thinktank wrote:Regarding the lineup conversation:

On O this will help us space the floor and attack close outs with McDaniels, as opposed to Anderson.

This, plus, I think Kyle must not play with Rudy. Like the moment you sub Rudy in unless Kyle is shooting free throws, he immediately comes out. The defense can just lock down the paint and force us into bad shots when they are together.
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,076

Post#1227 » by MN7725 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 4:20 pm

thinktank wrote:Regarding the lineup conversation:

Zach Lowe was talking on his last podcast that Wolves do have a pretty easy blueprint to follow of the Gobert Jazz
which was heavy spread pick/roll (I think they led the league every year with this action) with 4 perimeter players/shooters to juice the offense, at the expense of some rebounding/rim protection

and they can do that with Reid/Warren/NAW in the KAT place

I simply don't think Wolves will do it, and instead will play KA/Gobert which is strong defensively, but forces ANT to have superhero games like he did with Pacers for the offense to not be horrific

if they can sign Marcus Morris, Warren/Morris and some Reid at the PF position isn't too bad

But again, don't think Wolves are going to go that way
Movics
Pro Prospect
And1: 678

Post#1228 » by Movics » Sat Mar 9, 2024 6:58 pm

shangrila wrote:
Movics wrote:
shangrila wrote:I don't think they ever remove anyone's meniscus entirely. They are shaving some off, which leads to the faster turnaround.

Neither am I, and whenever I ask him about an injury, he goes in-depth so much so, that even in my native language I can’t understand what he means sometimes. :lol:

Winsforlose seems way more knowledgeable than either of us, so we’ll get back to it when there are more details revealed of the degree of injury.
all I ever needed was somebody with some reason who can keep me sane
Ever since I can remember, I've been keepin' it together, but I'm feelin' strange
winforlose
General Manager

Post#1229 » by winforlose » Sat Mar 9, 2024 7:15 pm

Movics wrote:
shangrila wrote:
Movics wrote:I was only saying it only because of a traumatologist friend of mine who said it is a possibility to remove the meniscus and just continuously threatening it.

Neither am I, and whenever I ask him about an injury, he goes in-depth so much so, that even in my native language I can’t understand what he means sometimes. :lol:

Winsforlose seems way more knowledgeable than either of us, so we’ll get back to it when there are more details revealed of the degree of injury.

I am not a doctor and I don’t even play one on TV. I just did some reading on the Meniscus and how it functions (mostly around the time Embiid was hurt, and I reviewed again when KAT tore his.) Basically I think of it as like a play dough or children’s slime toy. It it this squishy and wiggly thing that keeps bones from rubbing together. If you remove it, then there is nothing to protect against that. Moreover, it seems there are very limited medical options to deal with it. It sounds like Karl is getting a small piece removed, but I wouldn’t pretend to know more than that.
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,494

Post#1230 » by TimberKat » Sat Mar 9, 2024 9:04 pm

winforlose wrote:
Movics wrote:
shangrila wrote:I'm no doctor so if your friend is I'd defer to their opinion.

I am not a doctor and I don’t even play one on TV. I just did some reading on the Meniscus and how it functions (mostly around the time Embiid was hurt, and I reviewed again when KAT tore his.) Basically I think of it as like a play dough or children’s slime toy. It it this squishy and wiggly thing that keeps bones from rubbing together. If you remove it, then there is nothing to protect against that. Moreover, it seems there are very limited medical options to deal with it. It sounds like Karl is getting a small piece removed, but I wouldn’t pretend to know more than that.

I pretend to be one. It must be a very small tear, like a little chip that causes irritation and continue to tear more with extreme sports. That is why he was able to play with it. In his case shaving the meniscus down a little is fine so it doesn't continue to tear. If he wasn't a professional athlete, he can just leave it alone, don't do any running and it will eventually heal. :D
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#1231 » by minimus » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:42 pm

Read on Twitter

KAT has definitely been improving as part of offensive system, and particularly as movement shooter.
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,494

Post#1232 » by TimberKat » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

I see Towns already at Twolves games sideline. Is he actually can walk, maybe even jog already after the surgery?
Guest84
Senior
And1: 358

Post#1233 » by Guest84 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:39 pm

TimberKat wrote:I see Towns already at Twolves games sideline. Is he actually can walk, maybe even jog already after the surgery?

He's been on the bench a few games already since the injury. Didn't even seem in pain or discomfort. I was wondering why he'd be on the bench at this point...

Maybe the wolves are pulling a fast one and just "resting" him??
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,256

Post#1234 » by BlacJacMac » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:01 pm

It’s common to resume normal activities within a week of a Debridement. If he was immobile or on crutches we should be worried.

But “normal activities” are worlds away from playing professional basketball.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#1235 » by winforlose » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:09 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Key moment is when Glen says Karl is ahead of schedule.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Post#1236 » by Klomp » Tue Apr 2, 2024 8:59 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,684

Post#1237 » by shrink » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:06 am

It would be great to get Towns back before the end of the season, but we’ll have a break while the Play In tournament is going on, if we need it.
cmoss84
Junior
And1: 93

Post#1238 » by cmoss84 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:29 am

Would it be smart to have KAT come off the bench in playoffs??
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 414

Post#1239 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:59 am

cmoss84 wrote:Would it be smart to have KAT come off the bench in playoffs??

I think so. Specially if the can come back at 1st round. He will need times to find his game and his TO may be costly. LEt him play against second unit may help him and the team.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#1240 » by winforlose » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:16 am

cmoss84 wrote:Would it be smart to have KAT come off the bench in playoffs??

I think that is more likely in the regular season. If Karl is back on the 10th maybe he starts to guard Joker. But on the 12th and 14th maybe he comes off the bench.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves